An English 6.5.x lite ROM with Rapid81 and nOObody's Sense2.5

Guest kydkylin

Guest kydkylin
strange... i used SPB backup to get all my programs and tweaks back(i was using Twu2`s JE1 lite rom before, so i should not be a problem with system data) then i cant choose Htc sense in the items on today, its not there.

I never tried th SPB backup and I don't know how to solve this.

Maybe to add/edit these registy tweaks then SR could help, but I'm not sure.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Today\Items\HTC Sense]

"DLL"="ManilaToday.dll"

"Order"=dword:00000000

"Selectability"=dword:00000002

"Type"=dword:00000004

"Enabled"=dword:00000001

If it doesn't help, wish others could give you a hand.

Edited by kydkylin

Guest speedfrog

Thank you for trying to help me, but htc sense does not exist in: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Today \ Items \

i will try to hardreset and use spb backup without the registry backup.

Edited by speedfrog

Guest kydkylin
Thank you for trying to help me, but htc sense does not exist in: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Today \ Items \

Try to add it and do these tweaks with registry editor, then SR to see what would happen.

Guest speedfrog

how do i add a new registry? im using resco registry editor

should i add a:

-key

-string Value

-multi line string Value

-binary Value

-DWORD Value

?

Edited by speedfrog

Guest kydkylin
how do i add a new registry? im using resco registry editor

should i add a:

-key

-string Value

-multi line string Value

-binary Value

-DWORD Value

?

You can try to unzip the zip and import the reg as attached.

Wish it could help.

SenseItem.zip

Guest speedfrog

thank you!!!! it worked! :) ;) :D

I wish I had a credit card, then i would have given you a donation :( thanks

Edited by speedfrog

Guest kydkylin
thank you!!!! it worked! :) ;) :D

I wish I had a credit card, then i would have given you a donation :( thanks

You're welcome~I'm glad you enjoy my work~

:(

Edited by kydkylin

Guest speedfrog

sry,but i have a one last problem, after i took a softreset. the screen said:

post-608080-1273807442_thumb.jpg

when i did it,it came up "lanching htc sense..." and nothing happed

Edited by speedfrog

Guest hsuchitmp

going back to jd3. je1 rhodium has a lot of problems had to hard reset 4x now. had no problem with jd3. thanks again

Guest kydkylin
sry,but i have a one last problem, after i took a softreset. the screen said:

post-608080-1273807442_thumb.jpg

when i did it,it came up "lanching htc sense..." and nothing happed

Sorry, I don't know how to solve this.

Wish others could help you.

going back to jd3. je1 rhodium has a lot of problems had to hard reset 4x now. had no problem with jd3. thanks again

Did you flash the JE1's eboot and do a hardreset after flashing?

Strange.The je1 rhodium version has no problem for me so far...

What about trying the je1 orginal core version?

I recommand you disselect "Display message on srceen" in Samsung Setting->Notification Sound in "New text message", "New MMS message" and "New Email message" as I did come aross the phone hanging with them selected.

Edited by kydkylin

Guest jebise

did you hard reset before and after? might help with some issues. This might put me off from flashing.

Guest Faisal Rz

I was very happy when done your flash Rom je1 rhodium, automatic network settings for my carrier, unlike previous and extensive RAM for me, there are some problems for me

- I also experienced when using version 1.7 home cookie on my screen lock can not open it again, forced to SR. (I will try the previous version later)

- The display light is often dim and bright as the voltage drop rises.

- Tab fav. people can not ever show anything other than black, after I had returned to normal this SR.

maybe because I do not use flash eboot JD3, I only use the phone JD1. I am looking for eboot JD3 but did not find it, can someone help me

Thank you for your ROM is fantastic, I enjoyed it

Guest kydkylin
I was very happy when done your flash Rom je1 rhodium, automatic network settings for my carrier, unlike previous and extensive RAM for me, there are some problems for me

- I also experienced when using version 1.7 home cookie on my screen lock can not open it again, forced to SR. (I will try the previous version later)

- The display light is often dim and bright as the voltage drop rises.

- Tab fav. people can not ever show anything other than black, after I had returned to normal this SR.

maybe because I do not use flash eboot JD3, I only use the phone JD1. I am looking for eboot JD3 but did not find it, can someone help me

Thank you for your ROM is fantastic, I enjoyed it

-You can try the 1.6.1 version as I attached in Page1, #Post 2. They're working fine.

-I didn't notice this.Maybe you can tweak it in samsung setting->display.

-I've tested the fav.people tab and it works fine.

If you flash the the JE1 version, I recommand you use JE1's eboot.

Eboot_I8000NXXJE1_HW_40.7z (174 KB)

http://www.multiupload.com/SM1Y68UUDY

Guest Faisal Rz
-You can try the 1.6.1 version as I attached in Page1, #Post 2. They're working fine.

-I didn't notice this.Maybe you can tweak it in samsung setting->display.

-I've tested the fav.people tab and it works fine.

If you flash the the JE1 version, I recommand you use JE1's eboot.

Eboot_I8000NXXJE1_HW_40.7z (174 KB)

http://www.multiupload.com/SM1Y68UUDY

thanks for your quick answer, I really appreciate it and it was amusing, in another thread never responded to all questions and complaints. You are really good people and good luck to you. thanks again.

I will try again to flash :)

Guest kydkylin
thanks for your quick answer, I really appreciate it and it was amusing, in another thread never responded to all questions and complaints. You are really good people and good luck to you. thanks again.

I will try again to flash ;)

You're welcome :)

Remember to do a hardreset after flashing~

Edited by kydkylin

Guest hsuchitmp
did you hard reset before and after? might help with some issues. This might put me off from flashing.

hi again my bad! this rom is running fine just like jd3 im sorry must be my procedure. i installed a lot of programs. as for the dimming of the back light you have to set brightness not auto. im replying this thread using my phone thanks!

Guest kydkylin
hi again my bad! this rom is running fine just like jd3 im sorry must be my procedure. i installed a lot of programs. as for the dimming of the back light you have to set brightness not auto. im replying this thread using my phone thanks!

Glad you enjoy it.

Will hard rest erase all the data in My Storage?

No.

The "Hardreset" I mean is just doing as belows, which won't erase "My stroage":

1)Turn your I8000 off.

2)Keep the following buttons pressed ( until format ): the top right button (screenlock) + top left button (volume up) + bottom left button ( dial)

3) Presses dial to confirm

Edited by kydkylin

Guest jebise
Will hard rest erase all the data in My Storage?

YES a HARD REST will FORMAT My Storage it will not format the SD card but IT WILL format the internal 8/16GB memory

Guest micmac
YES a HARD REST will FORMAT My Storage it will not format the SD card but IT WILL format the internal 8/16GB memory

pls verify that Hard Reset by button doesnt clear My Storage, but Hard Reset by menu/software will clear My Storage, this happens to me...

Guest jebise
pls verify that Hard Reset by button doesnt clear My Storage, but Hard Reset by menu/software will clear My Storage, this happens to me...

i dont understand, maybe your are confused between a soft reset and hard reset? soft reset is like just turning the phone off and on again and yes this can be done using software and still will not do anything to the phone it will just reboot. Hard reset aka setting and clicking clear memory and then typing 1234 will format the phone or by typing *2867*3855# and restoring it to default settings.

Guest Mr.HackLove

Other way to hard reset and not delete My storage:

1)Turn your I8000 off.

2)Keep the following buttons pressed ( until format ): the top right button (screenlock) + top left button (volume up) + bottom left button ( dial)

Guest jebise

wow just installed JE1 and its blazing fast vs the original sence core amazing. 105MB with sence disabled and 84MB with it enabled and drop to 75MB after all my apps are installed :) facebook is still messed, might be because i installed an updated facebook over top on the one that came with sence. I haven't experienced any white squares (knock on wood).

Edited by jebise

Guest kydkylin

i dont understand, maybe your are confused between a soft reset and hard reset? soft reset is like just turning the phone off and on again and yes this can be done using software and still will not do anything to the phone it will just reboot. Hard reset aka setting and clicking clear memory and then typing 1234 will format the phone or by typing *2867*3855# and restoring it to default settings.

Other way to hard reset and not delete My storage:

1)Turn your I8000 off.

Sorry,maybe it's my fault for not explaining the "Hardreset" clearly.

The "Hardreset" I mean is just doing as Mr.HackLove says, which won't erase "My stroage":

1)Turn your I8000 off.

wow just installed JE1 and its blazing fast vs the original sence core amazing. 105MB with sence disabled and 84MB with it enabled and drop to 75MB after all my apps are installed :) facebook is still messed, might be because i installed an updated facebook over top on the one that came with sence. I haven't experienced any white squares (knock on wood).

Yes, the RAM availble will drop after apps installed , especial installing samsung dial, samsung call log and so no which will eat some RAM. After one day use, mostly listening to the music and get on the Internet, my available RAM is about 50MB just as the original core.But the new core is really faster.

For the "white squares", I also came aross some in Music and Calendar tab, but seems less than the original core.

I can't login facebook because of blocking Internet.

Have you tried these steps Rapid81 recommand to make the facebook work

* Fill your contact card at the contacts

* Synchronize with MS MyPhone

* In your contact card, at the bottom, tap on the "Link to Facebook" ang login

Wish it could help you.

Edited by kydkylin