An English 6.5.x lite ROM with Rapid81 and nOObody's Sense2.5

Guest kydkylin

Guest jebise

i know facebook is blocked where you live and that sucks, but the actual tab worked with JD1 haven't really tested it with JE1, only issue i have with facebook is when i try to launch the app via the facebok tab it just never passes initializing. If i exit and start the app from the start menu it opens and loads fine, but that's not a big deal.

White square for me on JD1 showed up on music, calendar, weather and pictures was starting to get very annoying. Seems alright with JE1 so far (fingers crossed). Yeah i installed quite a bit of samsung apps including dialer, until i find a better dialer then samsungs (do you know any?)and many apps. I wonder if i cook my own ROM with thnese apps installed if it would help with increasing RAM??

Hopefully this will be a stable ROM as i really don't wanna keep re flashing and reinstalling everything. Wont flash until an official samsung ROM is released or a tweaked sence if rapid81 can figure out some tricks.

Edited by jebise

Guest froggyman

Hi,

Is the PowerDic still available in this rom?

Couldn't find it with the Resco explorer. ( already unhide all the hidden files..etc)

Was able to find & use it when previously on the offical JA5.

Pls enlighten me..Thanks.

Guest twu2
Hi,

Is the PowerDic still available in this rom?

Couldn't find it with the Resco explorer. ( already unhide all the hidden files..etc)

Was able to find & use it when previously on the offical JA5.

Pls enlighten me..Thanks.

if the powerdic still in your hidden partition of my storage, then just install the powerdic cab (only a shortcut in the cab), then it should work.

if no such hidden partition, or powerdic is not there. you need to flash a I8000NXXxxx official rom (.mst file, also allow it to re-format your my storage, put the data to hidden storage), then flash this lite rom again, install the powerdic cab, then you should get the powerdic work.

Guest jebise

found my first issue with this ROM might just be tw2 error or my computer i dunno. I have around 2000+ songs that i'm trying to sync with WMP and it will sync a few of them and the rest will say stopped and i'm forced to unplug and plug the phone back in and start sync from where it left of and it would repeat the process again after it copies a few more songs. This was the case with JD1 as well but i got the songs to sync after 3 tries on JE1 i have started and it stopped over 15 times now, but here is the weird thing the phone still shows up in computer and i'm able to browse it yet WMP throws a error? it could very well be WMP messing up but it just started with JD1 when i flashed this sence ROM

Edited by jebise

Guest froggyman
if the powerdic still in your hidden partition of my storage, then just install the powerdic cab (only a shortcut in the cab), then it should work.

if no such hidden partition, or powerdic is not there. you need to flash a I8000NXXxxx official rom (.mst file, also allow it to re-format your my storage, put the data to hidden storage), then flash this lite rom again, install the powerdic cab, then you should get the powerdic work.

when on offical JA5, i find the hidden file of Powerdic in the window folder.

I copy to the startmenu & then unhidden it to use the dict in the program file.

So if i re-flash to offical rom & then this rom...

i think the same thing will happen (the powerdic file will still not in the window folder).

Did i do something wrong?

Or anyone has make a cab for it?

Thanks for the reply.

Guest kydkylin
found my first issue with this ROM might just be tw2 error or my computer i dunno. I have around 2000+ songs that i'm trying to sync with WMP and it will sync a few of them and the rest will say stopped and i'm forced to unplug and plug the phone back in and start sync from where it left of and it would repeat the process again after it copies a few more songs. This was the case with JD1 as well but i got the songs to sync after 3 tries on JE1 i have started and it stopped over 15 times now, but here is the weird thing the phone still shows up in computer and i'm able to browse it yet WMP throws a error? it could very well be WMP messing up but it just started with JD1 when i flashed this sence ROM

Sorry, I don't know what's going wrong as I never sync so many songs at one time.Wish others could help.

when on offical JA5, i find the hidden file of Powerdic in the window folder.

I copy to the startmenu & then unhidden it to use the dict in the program file.

So if i re-flash to offical rom & then this rom...

i think the same thing will happen (the powerdic file will still not in the window folder).

Did i do something wrong?

Or anyone has make a cab for it?

Thanks for the reply.

Try this cab, wish it could help

PowerDic, i8000nxxje1_powerdic.cab (9 KB)

http://www.multiupload.com/NRF9H2I6AA

md5: c93ad886c6751b0616f8abbadacdbe75

Guest froggyman
Try this cab, wish it could help

PowerDic, i8000nxxje1_powerdic.cab (9 KB)

http://www.multiupload.com/NRF9H2I6AA

md5: c93ad886c6751b0616f8abbadacdbe75

Thanks. Just realised that it was posted before by Twu2 for the JD3. :D

Thanks again for the help. ;)

Have try your rom for few hrs.. it wonderful. :)

thanks you & Rapid & nOObody for this wonderful sense

Edited by froggyman

Guest jebise

yeah sync is the only issue with this ROM, tried it on my laptop and it just disconnects after a while at least from WMP. A few times when syncing i got a message saying voice command has quit due to low memory yet the memory is still at 58MB. It a real pain to sync the music, but once its done i won't have to worry about it so no big deal, just knew what it was??

btw no white squares yet (fingers crossed, knocking on wood) pictures tab is a bit laggy and saw some white squares there in this ROM might be coz my albums are not cached, this ROM looks like its the one i will use for a long time.

Great Work

EDIT

Got a big problem the screen no longer turns off no matter what the screen off time is when connected to a charger or PC. I have it set right now to turn off in 1 minute but it never dose, the screen turns of when its just battery but dose not work when connected to a PC, charger or even headphones(which i find weird).

EDIT2

figured out why WMP was having sync issues and it is because of sence. I disabled sence and started the sync and it did it in one shot and no problems. Just need to fix the screen issue now.

Edited by jebise

Guest froggyman

Oh... I got another issue. :)

I couldn't send or received any chinese sms... all words appears as white square.

The message setting do have a "x" for the "Use Unicode when necessary"

I am using Plum keyboard on the CSC : XSO JA2 version.

Any ideas. Thanks.

Edit : Found the solution ... install kaidi chinese font

Edited by froggyman

Guest kydkylin
Edit : Found the solution ... install kaidi chinese font

I just erase the CSC and have no problem with chinese font.

Glad you found the solution you need and enjoy my work.

Got a big problem the screen no longer turns off no matter what the screen off time is when connected to a charger or PC. I have it set right now to turn off in 1 minute but it never dose, the screen turns of when its just battery but dose not work when connected to a PC, charger or even headphones(which i find weird).

Strange I don't have such problem using JE1's eboot, JD1's phone and erase the CSC.This only happen when I connect it to PC with "My Storage" mode, but this is normal.In other situation, if the screen can't be off automatically, I can use the Lock button to turn off the srceen.

Hope others could help you.

Edited by kydkylin

Guest jebise

i was wrong about the charger and the headphones. If i have music playing it just dim's the screen but dose not turn it off and when plugged into a charger it works as normal. I guess i was looking into it too much, all is preforming normal. Just dose not turn off the screen if music is playing which i recall in previous firmware it did and when connected to a PC the screen stays on too which i find new.

Yeah i know i could use the hold button, but it just if i forget to press it or something then the battery will just drain faster for no reason.

Edited by jebise

thanks for the great rom (I flashed the JE1). I have used it for a day now and cannot solve one problem: when I try to add a new contact or appointment using the Sense interface, in the subject/name/company field, the background is black, therefore i cannot see what I entered. is there a way to solve this? this is truly a great and I am likely to stick with it for a while.

also I didn't delete the CSC as I don't know how to. could someone teach me? thanks!!!

Guest hsuchitmp

EDIT

in my case the screen does not turn off ONLY when connected to the pc in USB mode. other than that have no problem. i've been using this rom for 4 days had no problem what so ever. :) thank you kydkylin

Guest hsuchitmp
thanks for the great rom (I flashed the JE1). I have used it for a day now and cannot solve one problem: when I try to add a new contact or appointment using the Sense interface, in the subject/name/company field, the background is black, therefore i cannot see what I entered. is there a way to solve this? this is truly a great and I am likely to stick with it for a while.

also I didn't delete the CSC as I don't know how to. could someone teach me? thanks!!!

i had that problem before but in the threaded sms in htc. did you change the background (wallpaper)? i noticed this problem when i changed the background. i think if you use the default (not sure thu) you wouldnt encounter this problem.

Guest kydkylin

I think it's something relating to the theme or background you use.

I'm using this theme (black manila) with no such problem.

You can install, choose it and reboot to see whether the problem could be solved:

http://www.4shared.com/file/200017981/eaab...VGA_v7larg.html

kydkylin can you give me the boot screen of your jd3 rom? i like that boot screen from your je1. thanks

You mean this one as attached?If not, the file may be deleted.Unzip it and replace the one in windows folder.

welcomehead.192.png.zip

Edited by kydkylin

Guest froggyman

Just discovered that if i reply thru the HTC sms tab , when i see the sms using the window sms tab, i couldn't see their name until i open that sms.

What could be the problem?

Or i shouldn't use the HTC sms tab to reply back the message?

Btw, can we link the HTC sms tab to the samsung/window threaded sms?

( till now still confuse which belong to samsung or window sms application.. i am talking about the previously thread sms in the offical JA5 rom which has green & red box around message)

Thanks.

Guest kydkylin
Just discovered that if i reply thru the HTC sms tab , when i see the sms using the window sms tab, i couldn't see their name until i open that sms.

What could be the problem?

Or i shouldn't use the HTC sms tab to reply back the message?

Btw, can we link the HTC sms tab to the samsung/window threaded sms?

( till now still confuse which belong to samsung or window sms application.. i am talking about the previously thread sms in the offical JA5 rom which has green & red box around message)

Thanks.

1.I don't have this problem.But you can use registry editor to check whether your value of HKCU\ControlPanel\Phone\CallIdMatch is 8. If not, change it to, and do a softreset.

2.For the samsung thread sms, I have no idear atm.

You can try to have a look at this thread here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=556614

If it doesn't help and you do want to use samsung's sms, it's still in the rom, named SMS-MMS.exe in windows folder. Maybe you can make a shorcut of it to the startmenu and add it to HTC Sense's quicklink.

Hope it helps.

Edited by kydkylin

I think it's something relating to the theme or background you use.

I'm using this theme (black manila) with no such problem.

You can install, choose it and reboot to see whether the problem could be solved:

http://www.4shared.com/file/200017981/eaab...VGA_v7larg.html

You mean this one as attached?If not, the file may be deleted.Unzip it and replace the one in windows folder.

Thank you. problem solved.

Can you help me delete the CSC? I have flashed the rom, how do I delete the CSC now? Thanks!

Guest kydkylin
Can you help me delete the CSC? I have flashed the rom, how do I delete the CSC now? Thanks!

In octans2.14, there's a opion named "erase the csc" between "Phone" button and "Intergrated" button.Choose it when you flash a new rom, then the CSC could be erased.

But as you already flashed the rom and it works OK, there's no need to erase the CSC now.

In octans2.14, there's a opion named "erase the csc" between "Phone" button and "Intergrated" button.Choose it when you flash a new rom, then the CSC could be erased.

But as you already flashed the rom and it works OK, there's no need to erase the CSC now.

Thanks a lot again!

Guest froggyman
1.I don't have this problem.But you can use registry editor to check whether your value of HKCU\ControlPanel\Phone\CallIdMatch is 8. If not, change it to, and do a softreset.

2.For the samsung thread sms, I have no idear atm.

You can try to have a look at this thread here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=556614

If it doesn't help and you do want to use samsung's sms, it's still in the rom, named SMS-MMS.exe in windows folder. Maybe you can make a shorcut of it to the startmenu and add it to HTC Sense's quicklink.

Hope it helps.

1) The callerId match is 8. Ahh, i found out that if you select the HTC sms tag, you will see the message,

a) method 1 :

click the menu button & select the "reply"... type your message.Then you have no problem in seeing the sender name in the send folder.

But if

:) Method 2

if you tab the message to go into the HTC sms thread format, after that, you tab the last empty row to write your message, send by the icon next to it, you will only be able to see the phone no ( no name) until you tap into the sms in the window sms.( send folder). Also it tends to hang when you reply thru the HTC threades sms.

Just to share with you my finding..if could just happen to me only.

2) Didn't read out the link yet, but already shortcut the SMS-MMS.exe...so i can use it to reply sms in the office in a quietly manner because it will not pop out the delivery sms & the tone.

@Kydkylin

Thanks for your prompt advice & suggestion.

Appreciate it very much.

Guest kydkylin
Thanks a lot again!

You're welcome :)

1) The callerId match is 8. Ahh, i found out that if you select the HTC sms tag, you will see the message,

a) method 1 :

click the menu button & select the "reply"... type your message.Then you have no problem in seeing the sender name in the send folder.

But if

:( Method 2

if you tab the message to go into the HTC sms thread format, after that, you tab the last empty row to write your message, send by the icon next to it, you will only be able to see the phone no ( no name) until you tap into the sms in the window sms.( send folder). Also it tends to hang when you reply thru the HTC threades sms.

Just to share with you my finding..if could just happen to me only.

2) Didn't read out the link yet, but already shortcut the SMS-MMS.exe...so i can use it to reply sms in the office in a quietly manner because it will not pop out the delivery sms & the tone.

@Kydkylin

Thanks for your prompt advice & suggestion.

Appreciate it very much.

Yeah, method 1 seems a good idear. ;)

You're welcome and I'm glad my advice could help you :D

Guest froggyman

Hi, Kydkylin,

How can we enable the "recorder" in the dialer. ( is it a HTC dailer).

I have install the audio notes(recorder) but the "recoder" in the dialler is still grey.(un-able)

Thanks.