[HELP] Samsung Omnia II i8000 with KIES

Guest CrescendoFire

Guest KSPAMS

I'm using Win 7 Ultimate 32bit version with Samsung KIES and WMDC installed.

But my omnia won't connect for some reason...

When I connect it, the driver installation is OK, then Kies detected my omnia and it installed additional driver (displayed on screen). After successful install, it just display connecting device (or something similar to that, don't really remember) and stuck there forever...

Anyone here willing to help me to provide step by step how to connect my omnia to Kies?

Thanks very much...

Guest rb48901
I'm using Win 7 Ultimate 32bit version with Samsung KIES and WMDC installed.

But my omnia won't connect for some reason...

When I connect it, the driver installation is OK, then Kies detected my omnia and it installed additional driver (displayed on screen). After successful install, it just display connecting device (or something similar to that, don't really remember) and stuck there forever...

Anyone here willing to help me to provide step by step how to connect my omnia to Kies?

Thanks very much...

1st thing i found was that the USB port has to be 2.0, keep trying different ports on the pc for the usb cable. I know it sounds silly but I found out the hard way that not all USB ports are created equally!

2nd try to turn off the phone, hook the cable i,fire up KIES and then turn on the phone to see if that will jump start it!

3rd if you are succesfull and live in the UK or italy good luck on buying apps. I tried from Oz, even lied to the install of KIES (said I was living in the UK) , but it won't accept the credit card :P

Guest KSPAMS
1st thing i found was that the USB port has to be 2.0, keep trying different ports on the pc for the usb cable. I know it sounds silly but I found out the hard way that not all USB ports are created equally!

2nd try to turn off the phone, hook the cable i,fire up KIES and then turn on the phone to see if that will jump start it!

3rd if you are succesfull and live in the UK or italy good luck on buying apps. I tried from Oz, even lied to the install of KIES (said I was living in the UK) , but it won't accept the credit card :D

Thanks ... Will try your method... ^^

Yup, my USB is USB 2.0 but never try to plug it to diff port... hehehe... :P But, I will try it...

Ummm, for the third, I think it will cross check your country code to your credit card subscription, so thats why it won't work... And yeah, I also unable to connect to Samsung's App Store, as it only give me 'Error: 1004' code... >,<

Guest awhw

Hi KSPAMS,

Any luck with the connection issue? I'm in the same predicament too.

If I change the USB Connection to "My Storage", the phone and PC gets connected and I can transfer files.

Otherwise, WMDC and KIES could not detect my phone.

The battery is charging over the cable though!

By the way have you tried disabling Advanced Network Configuration? Someone from another forum suggested this but it didn't work for me.

Guest KSPAMS

ummm, no, not yet... the NPC can detect and connect to my phone, but not with KIES.

if I disable the advanced network feature, my computer can't find the driver for it... dunno what driver needed for it. The WMDC driver and the one from here for Octans didn't help... >,<

but, if you connect it for Mass Storage, doesn't it just acting like an USB flashdisk?

Guest awhw

Yesterday I called up Samsung support and I told him about the connection problem. The support guy said Windows 7 is not supported. I did not mention KIES though because I don't think KIES is available where I am (in Australia).

Anyway, I had a spare laptop , and I re-installed a fresh copy of Windows XP on it, and I also installed ActiveSync and KIES. And guess what, that works! I did not try NPC on this spare laptop. Since KIES works, I'd just use KIES for now.

Meanwhile, on my main laptop (running on Vista, and it is the one that I really want the connection to work), I re-installed WMDC and this time the connection works too.

KSPAMS, I was thinking, maybe KIES doesn't work on your Windows 7, have you considered using a virtual XP running on your Windows 7 PC?

Guest KSPAMS
Yesterday I called up Samsung support and I told him about the connection problem. The support guy said Windows 7 is not supported. I did not mention KIES though because I don't think KIES is available where I am (in Australia).

Anyway, I had a spare laptop , and I re-installed a fresh copy of Windows XP on it, and I also installed ActiveSync and KIES. And guess what, that works! I did not try NPC on this spare laptop. Since KIES works, I'd just use KIES for now.

Meanwhile, on my main laptop (running on Vista, and it is the one that I really want the connection to work), I re-installed WMDC and this time the connection works too.

KSPAMS, I was thinking, maybe KIES doesn't work on your Windows 7, have you considered using a virtual XP running on your Windows 7 PC?

Um,, maybe... I'll try to install Virtual PC and go for XP.... ^^

Hope it'll work.... ^^

Thanks for the solution.... ^^

• 4 weeks later...
Guest fortify
Um,, maybe... I'll try to install Virtual PC and go for XP.... ^^

Hope it'll work.... ^^

Thanks for the solution.... ^^

Crescendo , I have the same issue. I have Windows 7 32 -bit along with my Omnia II and Samsung Kies which does not recognize my phone. The question is when will these fools make Kies compatible with Windows 7? That is the current OS on the market.

Guest CrescendoFire
Crescendo , I have the same issue. I have Windows 7 32 -bit along with my Omnia II and Samsung Kies which does not recognize my phone. The question is when will these fools make Kies compatible with Windows 7? That is the current OS on the market.

Yup, with XP, KIES is OK. But no luck with Win7... Unfortunately I got no PC with XP now... Only Win7... No plan to fall back to XP... >,<

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rickypit

Wow it's amazing for me !!

i think i got the answer!!! it 's the first time for me in this forum where people are so smart

let me be proud a second .........

so, kies don't recognise the phone itself

you have to connect him by "windows mobile device" first (synchronised or not) and so kies log to it when it's done.

Eric :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest deddo
Wow it's amazing for me !!

i think i got the answer!!! it 's the first time for me in this forum where people are so smart

let me be proud a second .........

so, kies don't recognise the phone itself

you have to connect him by "windows mobile device" first (synchronised or not) and so kies log to it when it's done.

Eric :)

Not work for me :D

• 3 weeks later...
Guest fortify
Not work for me :(

I think it's complete idiotic that Samsung Kies does not support Windows 7 32-bit or 64 bit. When are these retards going to ensure compatibility with the latest OS. People are not interested in backward compatibility.

fortify

Edited by fortify

• 10 months later...
Guest Martelinho_BR
I think it's complete idiotic that Samsung Kies does not support Windows 7 32-bit or 64 bit. When are these retards going to ensure compatibility with the latest OS. People are not interested in backward compatibility.

fortify

I Believe Kies do not work with Omnia II... It's not working here win XP 32 bit, Vista 32 and W7 32...

• 7 months later...

Hello,

I had a look on Samsung support pages after a while again and it's proposing updated KIES 2.1.1.11124_17_6.exe

e.g. http://www.samsung.c...l_name=GT-I8000

and also updated firmware for i8000.

Has anyone tried this?

Regards JannuX

I Believe Kies do not work with Omnia II... It's not working here win XP 32 bit, Vista 32 and W7 32...

Edited by JannuX