15/May r6.1 - BigBearMDC and Paul's Pulse 2.1 ROM

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Richard_Arkless
Thx a lot ;) no problem now :D

BTW does anyone else feel that the screen is more responsive ? now i don't have problem registering touch when i'm not touching the phone :)

Yes the touch screen has improved, now I can actually touch something on the screen while it is on my desk without the charger plugged in

Another thing I noticed is that the speakers are louder so they obviously increased the maximum volume allowed to be outputted to the speakers

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest Alex III

During using of the r6 A2SD+ I found one more problem: when open dial log, the lines there sometimes messing. And contacts, which I dial recently, changed with contacts which I didn't dial recently.

Maybe somebody faced with such problem?

Guest zerosignull

anyone else having an issue with the Pulse randomly locking up since the R6 release?

I have subsequently gone back to R4, which was fine, and I'm still getting the issue.

Any Ideas?

Guest mr.a

Have any of you noticed as well that the phone DOES vibrate when it is rebooting

(a short vibration just before T-mobile appears on the screen (before the android logo)).

However, the phone doesn't vibrate when typing on the keyboard or receiving calls etc.

Hopefuly this can help Paul to fix the vibration issue.

Guest BigBearMDC
Have any of you noticed as well that the phone DOES vibrate when it is rebooting

(a short vibration just before T-mobile appears on the screen (before the android logo)).

However, the phone doesn't vibrate when typing on the keyboard or receiving calls etc.

Hopefuly this can help Paul to fix the vibration issue.

Yap.

This initial vibrating signal has nothing to do with the ROM.

But if vibration is working and you have the 2.1 ROM installed, you will notice that the Pulse will vibrate ~1 second before you're asked to enter the PIN.

Guest HunteronX
Turning sync off maybe fixed the market problems for me. Seems to work fine now.

EDIT: Doesn't work anymore :) . Just a coincidence i guess.

We need a google talk apk - If you sign into google talk downloads should start working properly again.

Edited by HunteronX

Guest stevosan

Can anyone confirm if they can receive SMS and mms messages?

With r6 non a2sd+ I can send but not receive anything.

Seems like a possibly serious bug.

(T mob UK.)

Cheers

Guest Simon Brown
Can anyone confirm if they can receive SMS and mms messages?

With r6 non a2sd+ I can send but not receive anything.

Seems like a possibly serious bug.

(T mob UK.)

Cheers

I've received regular SMS messages fine with R6 w/A2SD+ but that sounds bizarre. I can't think off the top of my head what might be causing that.

Guest HyDeNoW

I'm using r6 non a2sd+ and my sms are working I just tried it. don't know about mms i don't use it.

I am also on tmobile.

Edited by HyDeNoW

Guest biron_w

Well I installed this and had a play around.It certainly is very nice BUT I got sick of the force closes and random reboots all the time.Back to MCR 1.7 for now.

Guest Samlock

Installed r6 without A2SD, currently looking at the T-Mob boot logo with the swirly purple thing. Good work, guys :) Now just to get the A2SD version working!

Guest Speckles

So, you finally got it working :)

But from the posts, it seems just as unstable as the previous betas with the force closes and random reboots ;)

Bobo, is this the same for you or a side effect of rebuilding the ROM to protect your source and rooting it/A2SD?

Guest alfabet

Can anyone with 2.1 installed tell me whether Huawei / T-mobile have fixed the bug in their Contacts apk which means that if you enable Google contacts synching it syncs EVERY contact you have, not just the ones in "My Contacts"?

Guest Samlock
So, you finally got it working ;)

But from the posts, it seems just as unstable as the previous betas with the force closes and random reboots :(

Bobo, is this the same for you or a side effect of rebuilding the ROM to protect your source and rooting it/A2SD?

I did indeed, its taken me hours! Though I did have a drink or 5 last night, so that probably contributed to the extended time... :)

r4 was mostly stable for me, except for when using Google Maps Navigation. About 10 minutes into my journey I spent more time pressing FC than I did looking at the road, so I thought it best to remove the battery... Other than that, looking promising :D

Guest biron_w
Can anyone with 2.1 installed tell me whether Huawei / T-mobile have fixed the bug in their Contacts apk which means that if you enable Google contacts synching it syncs EVERY contact you have, not just the ones in "My Contacts"?

It did that when I put it on.Synced all the contacts including any people that i've emailed at at any time.So when looking at my contacts it just brought up loads of random names!

Guest alfabet
It did that when I put it on.Synced all the contacts including any people that i've emailed at at any time.So when looking at my contacts it just brought up loads of random names!

Dammit that was the biggest bug in 1.5 for me :)

Guest Josh04

You can change in the accounts manager which contacts from gmail to sync - set it to 'Existing only' or whatever.

Also, whoever mentioned Google Talk not being installed, that is quite concerning and almost certainly would break your market.

Edited by Josh04

Guest bedevil99

Hey guys I think I am getting stuck on the boot screen...How long should I wait for the initial boot, even though I wiped everything I just doesn't seem to work. Any clues? Cheers

Guest eckengucker1
Hey guys I think I am getting stuck on the boot screen...How long should I wait for the initial boot, even though I wiped everything I just doesn't seem to work. Any clues? Cheers

till battery is empty ^^

3-5 minutes...

Guest bedevil99
till battery is empty ^^

3-5 minutes...

Damn! it's already been like 10min!!! Still nothing. I really don't know what to do. I wipe the SD partiotions I wipe to factory default and it just doesn't work...Is there anything else I could try?

Guest andy25hill

I know it says the first boot takes a long time but how long??

Flashed my pulse and it still booting after 20 mins :)