Pulse 2.1 Windows Drivers - 7, Vista & XP

Guest ogiogi

Guest masterpfa
Windows 7 and Vista Drivers for the Pulse with Android 2.1 :)

Install manually through Device manager.

Hi thanks again for posting these, but try as I might my pulse is not recognised when using ADB (can detect my Hero, but not my Pulse)

For my Pulse

C:\tools>adb devices

* daemon not running. starting it now *

* daemon started successfully *

List of devices attached

C:\tools>

For my Hero

C:\tools>adb devices

List of devices attached

HT97VL900XX1 device

My PC and Phone are detected when connected to the PC, USB Debugging on (& off), I have tried via Device manager to update drivers, no luck. Any ideas please?

Guest ogiogi
Hi thanks again for posting these, but try as I might my pulse is not recognised when using ADB (can detect my Hero, but not my Pulse)

For my Pulse

For my Hero

My PC and Phone are detected when connected to the PC, USB Debugging on (& off), I have tried via Device manager to update drivers, no luck. Any ideas please?

Did ADB work with 1.5? And did all 4 devices installed correctly.

Edited by ogiogi

Guest masterpfa
Did ADB work with 1.5? And did all 4 devices installed correctly.

Thanks for your reply, was just playing o the PC finally got adb to work (don't ask me what I did differently from the previous 3-4 days :) )

Thanks once again

Right where were those 2.1 ROMS again ;)

Guest ogiogi
Thanks for your reply, was just playing o the PC finally got adb to work (don't ask me what I did differently from the previous 3-4 days :) )

Thanks once again

Right where were those 2.1 ROMS again :D

No problem. Glad it worked out. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest n00rbert

Doesn't work for me, when i try to install through device manager my pc doesnt find the drivers and when i try right click install it says 'the inf file you selected does not support this method of installation'.

Any ideas? im running win 7 64 bit.

Thanks

Guest Richard van Nieuwenhuizen
Doesn't work for me, when i try to install through device manager my pc doesn't find the drivers and when i try right click install it says 'the inf file you selected does not support this method of installation'.

Any ideas? im running win 7 64 bit.

Thanks

Same problem.

Also Win7 x64.

Install did work on my system at work. Vista x64. :)

Guest Rob Jackson

hi all,

im very new to this but decided to give 2.1 a go. i have got the hungarian update on my phone (only the lager of the two updates) but my pc refuses to install the abd driver, keeps telling me the driver is not for the platform. im running vista x64 and the other 3 drivers installed fine through device manager.

anyone else having this problem or have a solution? im stuck on stock 2.1 till i get this sorted.

cheers, rob.

Guest ogiogi
Ah yes, they seem to have installed correctly now - thanks ;)

I think the issue was that the ADB driver has to be installed LAST, after all the other drivers (3G, PCUI, DBAdapter) are in place, and the "unknown device" popup wasn't working on that basis.

It's not totally clear when there are just a set of unknown devices listed.

hi all,

im very new to this but decided to give 2.1 a go. i have got the hungarian update on my phone (only the lager of the two updates) but my pc refuses to install the abd driver, keeps telling me the driver is not for the platform. im running vista x64 and the other 3 drivers installed fine through device manager.

anyone else having this problem or have a solution? im stuck on stock 2.1 till i get this sorted.

cheers, rob.

Installing the ADB driver last worked for Stevos. Did u try that?

Guest ogiogi
I am what you would call a "total badword noob", I've downloaded the drivers, but now what should I do to install them correctly?

1. Open Device Manager

2. Right Click "Unknown Device" (you should have four of these)

3. Select update driver

4. Select install from a list or specific location and press Next

5. Select Don't search, I will choose the driver to install and press Next

6. Press Have Disk, browse to the folder where you extracted the drivers and select android_usb.inf

7. Press Next and installation should begin

8. Repeat 2-7 for each unknown device

Edited by ogiogi

Guest Rob Jackson

Hi,

Finally got it working last night. I reinstalled the ABD driver 2 or 3 times with the same result (driver not for this platform), then i decided to try one more time and it worked. I have no idea why it worked but it did. Device manager is reporting that the device has a problem until i put the phone into Bootloader mode and then it is fine. Also when connecting the phone to the PC windows driver wizard it still looking for the driver to be installed every time.

I think someone else on this thread has similar issues where the driver suddenly decided to work for no apparent reason, but its working anyways.

Rob

Guest h3dshot
Try uninstalling all T-Mobile devices. Delete or move the folder containing the drivers. Restart your PC and then manually install the drivers from device manager.

sorry for being such a pest but im desperate for a customised 2.1 and in order to do that i need amon ra installed, which i cant do unless my stupid laptop recognizes the 2.1 phone!!!!

anyway back on topic:P in my device manager (XP) i dont have 4 unknown devices as you mentioned in a post after this one, instead i have a single one, any ideas? and also where would the folder containing my drivers be?

ive attached a pic to help describe this problem, so which of the drivers installed on my laptop are tmobile ones?

thanks

also, if you look at the thread i linked you to earlier, ive uploaded some more pictures which show some errors im getting, id be grateful if you could spare your time to help poor old me out:)

post-622053-1276804714_thumb.jpg

Edited by h3dshot

Guest raisin68
1. Open Device Manager

2. Right Click "Unknown Device" (you should have four of these)

3. Select update driver

4. Select install from a list or specific location and press Next

5. Select Don't search, I will choose the driver to install and press Next

6. Press Have Disk, browse to the folder where you extracted the drivers and select android_usb.inf

7. Press Next and installation should begin

8. Repeat 2-7 for each unknown device

Have XP. After step 7 I got the message "Given path doesn't contain data about hardware". What can I do?

Thx in advance!

Guest ogiogi
sorry for being such a pest but im desperate for a customised 2.1 and in order to do that i need amon ra installed, which i cant do unless my stupid laptop recognizes the 2.1 phone!!!!

anyway back on topic:P in my device manager (XP) i dont have 4 unknown devices as you mentioned in a post after this one, instead i have a single one, any ideas? and also where would the folder containing my drivers be?

Do you install the drivers when the phone is booted or in fastboot mode (blue screen)? The folder with the drivers is where you extracted the zip containing the drivers.

You should be installing the drivers when the phone is booted

You can see the four devices mentioned in the picture below

post-656233-1276811414_thumb.jpg

Guest h3dshot
Do you install the drivers when the phone is booted or in fastboot mode (blue screen)? The folder with the drivers is where you extracted the zip containing the drivers.

You should be installing the drivers when the phone is booted

You can see the four devices mentioned in the picture below

post-656233-1276811414_thumb.jpg

a little progress, ive tried installing the drivers while phone is booted, now the drivers are visible on device manager, they arent however unknown devices, and each time i try to update i get the same error along the lines of the selected destination doesnt have any info on your hardware, im really baffled as to why this is.

the blue dots are the drivers im trying to update i get the same error for each of them when selecting the android_usb.inf and then clicking ok.

is there any other way of installing these drivers so windows doesnt interfere?

thanks

d_manager.bmp

post-622053-1276875264_thumb.jpg

Guest h3dshot

are you sure the xp drivers are for the x32 one instead of the x64 one?

that might be why im having trouble installing, either that or my desktop and laptop computers both hate me:p

Guest ogiogi
are you sure the xp drivers are for the x32 one instead of the x64 one?

that might be why im having trouble installing, either that or my desktop and laptop computers both hate me:p

Yeah. The drives installed correctly on 2 XP PC's, ADB and fastboot working. And there are no x64 XP drivers for the Pulse i think.

Try and uninstall everything. I mean all Pulse devices from device manager, PC Suite (delete the folder from program files too), delete all drivers and folders that you have downloaded. Restart the PC and make sure that you have 4 unknown devices in device manager with the phone booted. Then download the drivers and install.