I8000NXXJE2 LITE 20100514

Guest twu2

I am thinking of trying out your lite rom. IS there any obvious advantage of using 15 MB PP size over 8 MB? Thanks!

almost same for them.

but I've some bad experience for 8mb pp (I'm not sure it's pp issue or not), the phone hang when the call coming (twice), can't answer it , need to remove the battery to restart it.

Guest pittas
Hi Everyone! How much the battery life with this rom?

Battery life is very very good with this rom

Its similar to 6.1 roms , which was pretty good if you remember.

With normal use , my battery lasts 4/5 days

The best part of this rom is there is no memory leak , i have my phone without resets for 3 weeks now , the damn thing refuses to eat up memory and start to freeze etc.

;)

Best rom ever , before this rom i was switching rom every 4/5 days , this is perfect

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AgentXXX

Hi twu2.

I am very curious about your lite ROM.

But question: How is it with keyboard and xt9 support for different languages?

Guest johnchua55
Battery life is very very good with this rom

Its similar to 6.1 roms , which was pretty good if you remember.

With normal use , my battery lasts 4/5 days

The best part of this rom is there is no memory leak , i have my phone without resets for 3 weeks now , the damn thing refuses to eat up memory and start to freeze etc.

biggrin.gif

Best rom ever , before this rom i was switching rom every 4/5 days , this is perfect

@ pitas

what User Interface are u using ? SPB ? samsung today ?

Guest kimitza

i also have a question. Has anyone manage to use srs wow hd for this rom? after installing AIO security - soft reset, installing srs wow hd 1.51 - soft reset, i cant play any sound :lol:...

Guest johnchua55

i tried installing the Samsung Today cab and it's really smooth and seems to be low on memory usage ....... together with Mainmenu.exe ...... seems to have very very minimal or no memory leak .

I guess i wish the Samsung Today could be more customizable.

Guest Lancez
i also have a question. Has anyone manage to use srs wow hd for this rom? after installing AIO security - soft reset, installing srs wow hd 1.51 - soft reset, i cant play any sound :)...

SRS works fine here. try not to reset after installing AIO.

Guest kimitza
SRS works fine here. try not to reset after installing AIO.

nope...not working ....i have JE1 though, does it make any difference? srs wow hd works only with touch player. If i install another version to use it with all multimedia apps, i get errors and no sound is playing :)...

Guest pittas
@ pitas

what User Interface are u using ? SPB ? samsung today ?

Using spb , cant do without it :)

Still on this rom , still stating its brilliantly amazing after almost 2 months i have it

Great work

Guest Lancez
nope...not working ....i have JE1 though, does it make any difference? srs wow hd works only with touch player. If i install another version to use it with all multimedia apps, i get errors and no sound is playing :)...

SRS works on very ROM that i have flashed, including latest 6.5 and 6.5.x, even with highly integrated sense ROMs. when you open touch player, SRS will be disabled unless you enable it again. have you installed SDKCert2010 from rapid81 too?

Guest speedysms

I flashed this ROM and I'm having the flowing problems:

1) In SMS-Inbox (which looks like wm default sms-inbox) when I press on a conversation Samsung-SMS appears with only the last sms ...and so I can not see any older sms from some conversation ..does anyone know how to completly remove Samsung-SMS ?

2) After applying Black-theme .. the background windows colors have been modified but:

- selection remained Blue;

- the fonts from menus are very large

- and the scroll-bars are large

.. does anyone know how to reset the whole wm 6.5 theme to default values (background windows colors, fonts and selection,shadow,etc colors) because this blacktheme does not affect all this settings ..or do you know a "full" blacktheme for reseting all the above

Guest HAL_9000

speedysms:

1. You must change registry

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\MsgTypes\IPM\SMStext\DLL\ from mms.dll to htmlnote.dll

2. Try Black theme from any different ROM.

Guest speedysms
speedysms:

1. You must change registry

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\MsgTypes\IPM\SMStext\DLL\ from mms.dll to htmlnote.dll

2. Try Black theme from any different ROM.

1. thanks

2. I've tried several ..not solved :)

Edited by speedysms

Guest HAL_9000
2. I've tried several ..not solved sad.gif

I don't know. BlackTheme cab from first post works fine for me.

I have two questions:

1. Why are additionally cabs for this ROM so old? In JC2 ROM were much newer version of Samsung stuff. :D

2. Can anybody compare this JE2 ROM and JC2 from twu2? Which is better?

Even though JE2 is newer so it has older build 21 895 (JC2 has 21 897) and older Samsung stuff.

Maybe JE2 is only some remade ROM(by Kingmobi), witch is older then JC2 after all.

It seems so... :)

Edited by HAL_9000

Guest chico82

Does anyone have a copy of the default MP3 ringtones that were removed from this ROM?

P.S. Great job twu2! Super fast ROM

Guest Lancez
I don't know. BlackTheme cab from first post works fine for me.

I have two questions:

1. Why are additionally cabs for this ROM so old? In JC2 ROM were much newer version of Samsung stuff. :D

2. Can anybody compare this JE2 ROM and JC2 from twu2? Which is better?

Even though JE2 is newer so it has older build 21 895 (JC2 has 21 897) and older Samsung stuff.

Maybe JE2 is only some remade ROM(by Kingmobi), witch is older then JC2 after all.

It seems so... :)

they both are official ROMs, released in different regions. JC2 is for HongKong,China and JE2 is for Europe. JC2 is better than JE2 but JC2 only supports chinese and english.

Guest night.fox

Thanks TWU2.

This is exactly what I've been looking for....

I just wonder though and I hope somebody who knows will answer my problem now.

There seems to be no video calling. I installed advance config program and enabled phone skin, but still there is no option for video calling. any registry or fix for this?

Million thanks mate.

Guest HAL_9000
they both are official ROMs, released in different regions. JC2 is for HongKong,China and JE2 is for Europe. JC2 is better than JE2 but JC2 only supports chinese and english.

Thanks. This is what I needed to know. :)

Guest azza6

Has anyone had a problem with the camera?

When I take photo's or go to 'view' them in the camera app, it takes a long time to load.. My old ROM didn't. Any ideas?

Azz.