thesufi

is freezing/ hanging a real problem with the hd2?

4 posts in this topic

hi, i'm agonizing between the hd2 and desire for my next upgrade (from an htc /kaiser tytn II) but am leaning toward the hd2. reasons:

- not sure i want android as a/ i have a bunch of winmo apps that i'd like to keep; and b/ android's youth-consumer emphasis is not for me, eg. don't care about games/ social networking etc.

- i'm not afraid of hacking winmo to get what i need.

- my aging eyesight would appreciate the largest screen available.

the only thing that is putting me off is a constant buzz of anecdotal reports concerning reliability, specifically frequent hang-ups/ crashes and freezes requiring hard-resets or battery removal to fix. that said, i read the same kind of stuff about my tytn II before i bought it and they turned out to be bullcrap as that phone has been completely solid for me for years.

what is the truth? is there a problem with the hd2? or was there an early problem which has since been fixed? any solid information?

i very rarely have to soft reset mine and when i do it's usually down to too much tinkering in the registry or adding and removing loads of apps. i'm still using the stock rom ans it's solid as a rock.

i very rarely have to soft reset mine and when i do it's usually down to too much tinkering in the registry or adding and removing loads of apps. i'm still using the stock rom ans it's solid as a rock.

Ditto for me.

I had a couple of problems when I first got it, but they seem to have gone away.

I'd happily recommend it to anyone at least semi technology literate as the best phone out there by a long way, but I wouldn't like to see it in the hands of my mother or someone that couldn't work out how to tinker with it!