Circle battery MOD

Guest squrl

Guest squrl

THIS IS NOT FOR FROYO!

Hi,

the original Circle battery update changes not only the battery icon itself, but almost all other icons, not speaking about transparent slide-down notification area. And because all I wanted to change was the battery icon, I've modified the original update package to do so.

If anyone is interested, download attached zip file, save it to your SD card and flash it in recovery. For de-odexed ROMs only (MCR r1 & r3). That means no Froyo :)

Notice: first boot takes longer than usual, so don't panic and let it work ;) I claim no credit for this mod, all credits belong to the original author.

Original:

son38i.png

Modded:

devicea.png

Download the update_signed.zip file at the end of this post.

MD5: af940badd945722267f98e22dc1db8e3

Other versions

For those of you, who like the new icons, transparency & stuff, but wanna the stock alarm icon.

Download: circle_batt_stockalarm_signed.zip

MD5: 0e9e6fbb9fad66c0ac70946c7a8f01a3

Courtesy of rowanparker:

For anyone who doesn't like the one that comes with the original circle battery mod and would prefer something a little more graphicsy.

Screenshot:

alarmicon.png

I have attached a framework-res.apk (rename to apk) file with the modded alarm icon. Just push it with adb.

Download: framework_res.zip

update_signed.zip

Edited by squrl

Guest VeeDubZ
Going to try it too!

P.S. It's a small world! I live near Nantwich!

haha, it is indeed.

mod works like a charm, although did hang on first boot after install. good job KIU

Guest bungle89
haha, it is indeed.

mod works like a charm, although did hang on first boot after install. good job KIU

second that! All seems to be good.

I did have a little panic when it sat at the boot screen for a couple of minutes though!

Guest zaphod0

The version I tried last night over at XDA only worked with MCR r1 and r3. I noticed the .zip above is a different size. Anyone tried it on r2? (I should just get around to flashing r3!)

By the way, I can't seem to find an explanation for what an ODEXed ROM is. What I have come up with is, applications are pre-compiled or cached for performance reasons? Blindly reading the term a lot lately.

Guest squrl

Yeah, first boot takes longer, I think its because it needs to rebuild some caches. I'm no dev so if I'm wrong, feel free to correct me.

afiorillo: Yes, for de-odexed ROMs only. So for r2 it's a no-go.

Edited by squrl

Guest squrl
In yours, you removed transparency ?

Yep. Didn't like it. Everything is stock except the circle battery icon.

Edited by squrl

Guest squrl

For those of you, who like the new icons, transparency & stuff, but wanna the stock alarm icon.

Untested by me so I advise you to do a nandroid before flashing, but it should be OK. And don't panic if the phone will hang on boot screen, it can take up to 15 minutes to re-cache things on first boot, so be patient :rolleyes:

circle_batt_stockalarm_signed.zip

Guest Tebo2K

Worked perfectly for me, thanks :rolleyes:

Iain

Guest gandalfmuaddib

Untested by me so I advise you to do a nandroid before flashing, but it should be OK. And don't panic if the phone will hang on boot screen, it can take up to 15 minutes to re-cache things on first boot, so be patient :rolleyes:

Would like to try this out, but I'm about to bake a fresh r3 ROM from the kitchen.

I was wondering, would it be okay if I included this zip in the "Upload Zip" option in the kitchen. Would it work that way?

Theoretically it should, right? But I may be wrong...

Guest squrl

I'm afraid it won't work that way. This mod contains it's own update script which I think won't be incorporated to the main update script of the ROM you will bake.

You can try to extract the two files from system\framework and include them in your custom zip provided you will keep the same directory structure in it. Or... if you don't want to bake any other additions in, just use the file in the attachment.

If you'll try this, let me know if you've succeeded :rolleyes:

EDIT: attachment deleted, don't try to include this mod as an custom ingredient in the kitchen, you'll get bootloops! The ROM must complete at least 1 boot-up process to make this mod work! So flash your cooked ROM, boot up the phone, reboot to recovery and then you can safely flash this mod :D

Edited by squrl

Guest Qliratu

I love it !!

Good work, just out of curiocity.. is there anyway of getting the default back or do i need to reflash the entire device?

Guest squrl
I love it !!

Good work, just out of curiocity.. is there anyway of getting the default back or do i need to reflash the entire device?

You can always replace framework-res.apk and services.jar located in system/framework with their stock copies.

Guest domaboul

work perfectly on MCR R3

thank you

Edited by domaboul

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sonandreas
Hi,

the original Circle battery update changes not only the battery icon itself, but almost all other icons, not speaking about transparent slide-down notification area. And because all I wanted to change was the battery icon, I've modified the original update package to do so.

If anyone is interested, download attached zip file, save it to your SD card and flash it in recovery. For de-odexed ROMs only (MCR r1 & r3).

Notice: first boot takes longer than usual, so don't panic and let it work :(

Original:

son38i.png

Modded:

devicea.png

MD5: af940badd945722267f98e22dc1db8e3

does this include the percentage inside the battery icon??

Guest pina

Untested by me so I advise you to do a nandroid before flashing, but it should be OK. And don't panic if the phone will hang on boot screen, it can take up to 15 minutes to re-cache things on first boot, so be patient :(

so, if i'm right, your zip contains the 'original' custom battery on http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=679937 + alle the custom green icons except the alarm clock, which you have replaced by the stock one?

why is yours so much bigger?

Edited by pina

Guest Kasonne

Untested by me so I advise you to do a nandroid before flashing, but it should be OK. And don't panic if the phone will hang on boot screen, it can take up to 15 minutes to re-cache things on first boot, so be patient :(

This one stopped my headset working!!!!