• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

What happened to the FM radio in the Froyo update?

19 posts in this topic

Posted

Either I am being really stupid (quite probable) but I can't find this FM radio. Also the coloured trackball alerts are MIA.

Anyone found the FM radio?

Posted

Where did you see there would be a FM radio ? It was just an unconfirmed rumor

Posted

Well it's certainly unconfirmed now :rolleyes:

Posted

Paul, did you have any more luck getting the FM radio from the desire to work on the nexus one.

Posted

i think the unconfirmed rumour was FM radio will come in the future, it was not mentioned for Froyo, perhaps Gingerbread in Q4 this year? only google knows...

Posted

Paul, did you have any more luck getting the FM radio from the desire to work on the nexus one.

Seem you :rolleyes: very happy when i see FM Radio on N1 :D

Posted

Either I am being really stupid (quite probable) but I can't find this FM radio. Also the coloured trackball alerts are MIA.

Anyone found the FM radio?

AWW! I was hoping for the coloured trackball alerts as well! :rolleyes:

Posted

FM radio would be nice. I'm sure Paul will have it working soon and cookable with a froyo kitchen

He's the best IMO. It wont be long.

Posted

FM radio would be nice. I'm sure Paul will have it working soon and cookable with a froyo kitchen

He's the best IMO. It wont be long.

Once he figures It out on the desire rom then he just needs to implement That into froyo

Btw I love the new keyboard. And it seems so far that the crazy screen issue is gone.

Posted

Erm, you guys do know that colour trackball alerts IS enabled in Froyo...?

It works fine!

You just need apps that can change the 'alert / LED colour'. So I use SMS Popup and set that to Red, Twidroid you can't set a colour, but it flashes blue..

Just 'standard' notification bar stuff which flashes white at the mo (as the Trackball Alert 'hack' doesn't work, so can't differenciate just yet) but as its now built-in, I'm sure it will be a day or two after the source is released that a proper app (that won't even need root!) will be released to control it all.

Posted

A ROM update is not going to install a more suitable antenna for FM reception into your phone unfortunately.

Posted

A ROM update is not going to install a more suitable antenna for FM reception into your phone unfortunately.

Of course not.. But you don't need more than a working Antenna.

Its only you not knowing what the facts are.

Using the Desire Rom you can see that it is very well possible to scan and find

Stations with the Nexus One using the Desire FM Radio App.

It finds all Stations. This means that the Antenna is working!! (Headphone)

The only problem is that there is no audio output from this FM tuner.

This seems to be a kernel Problem.. Now that the Desire Kernel is public

it is a question of time to get FM Tuner working on the Nexus one.

So dont make fun about people asking for FM! Nexus One Hardware is ready for that!

Regards

Aspi

Posted

Hi,

I really don't understand why the hardware support the fm tuner but there is no app.

The fm tuner from desire will be great to be implemented on Nexus One.

Posted

Hi,

I really don't understand why the hardware support the fm tuner but there is no app.

The fm tuner from desire will be great to be implemented on Nexus One.

it s implemented in custom roms...

Posted

it s implemented in custom roms...

Please give me a name or a address.

Thank you

Posted

Simple, because the radio chip they used was probably cheap and had that feature. Developing an application for that would have cost more development money and was probably judged not worth the effort. So they simply let the FM tuner lie there, unused.

lcg

Posted

Please give me a name or a address.

Thank you

Go to xda and look at Cyanogen or MIUI, probably others too. Very good implementations

Posted

There is one person who had installed a cynagen or miui rom version on google nexus one and it has the fm tuner application?

Posted

There is one person who had installed a cynagen or miui rom version on google nexus one and it has the fm tuner application?

Both custom ROMs (both kitchen and not) here on MoDaCo and Cyanogen has the FM Tuner (thanks to the fancy BT chip inside the N1)... I'm sure there are more out there that as well.