Just bought an Evo 4G

Guest supernine

Guest supernine

Okay, so I have the EVO 4G in my hands.. just bought it!! This phone is so awesome... what do I do? I want to root it so badly :rolleyes: :D :(

if anyone wants to know anything about the phone, please feel free to ask. I'll answer as best as possible

Guest ranblv

I am really interested in the volume of the speaker, is it better than the N1, can you actually play music on it and step away for a few steps?

Also, how is the battery life? rumors say the large screen is eating away at the battery...

Edited by ranblv

Guest The Hero

Over at phonedog.com, Noah has a bunch of videos featuring the EVO, and one of them shows off the speaker. it sounded really loud from that video, which is GOOOOOOD...

Guest supernine
I am really interested in the volume of the speaker, is it better than the N1, can you actually play music on it and step away for a few steps?

Also, how is the battery life? rumors say the large screen is eating away at the battery...

It's definitely louder than the Nexus One, virtually the same volume as the Motorola Droid, maybe a tiny bit less. To give you an example of the volume.. I was washing my bike outside, while the EVO remained in the 2door garage with Pandora Playing and I can still hear fine. The Nexus one can only be heard within the garage.

Battery life is virtually the same as the Nexus One, I saw no significant difference... except when you turn off the always-on mobile data setting (affects apps however, like pandora). Everything so far is nice, except you can't really use the touchscreen when its on the kick stand as theres not enough support to tap without holding, but that's not really an issue.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ernien
Okay, so I have the EVO 4G in my hands.. just bought it!! This phone is so awesome... what do I do? I want to root it so badly :) :) :)

if anyone wants to know anything about the phone, please feel free to ask. I'll answer as best as possible

toastcfh over at xda forums has root on the EVO. I'll probably try this today.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=690762

• 2 months later...
Guest MixedMotives
Okay, so I have the EVO 4G in my hands.. just bought it!! This phone is so awesome... what do I do? I want to root it so badly :D :D ;)

First off what OTA is on it, so you know if you can root it or not right now