Internet Explorer screen refresh issue

Guest Buckcherry

Guest Buckcherry

Hi everybody,

Seems that you're all expert people on WM :-) .So I hope you can help me.

I have a Toshiba TG01 from Movistar Spain. Since I have upgraded to Windows Mobile 6.5 on december 2009 everything works right, but Internet Explorer. The problem occurs with pages like Google, the page is loaded but it don't appear on the screen until I hide the Toshiba keyboard or I move the page up and down.. knowing that the page is in fact there. It also happens that, when I type, the text doesn't appear on the screen until I hide the keyboard. If you insert text the new text erases the previous one (apparently, because when you close the keyboard you can see that it has been inserted correctly). I think that is screen refreshing problem, but only with IE.

I want to know if that happens to somebody else...

I have already enforced from the control panel a reset to the factory settings... but the problem persists. I wondered if I reinstall the update of Windows Mobile 6.5 over itself, to see if that solves the problem. what do you think?.

Greetings

Buckcherry

SO CE 5.2.21840

Compilation: 21840.5.0.60

Guest *LeiTo*
Hi everybody,

I have a Toshiba TG01 from Movistar Spain. Since I have upgraded to Windows Mobile 6.5 on december 2009 everything works right, but Internet Explorer. The problem occurs with pages like Google, the page is loaded but it don't appear on the screen until I hide the Toshiba keyboard or I move the page up and down.. knowing that the page is in fact there. It also happens that, when I type, the text doesn't appear on the screen until I hide the keyboard. If you insert text the new text erases the previous one (apparently, because when you close the keyboard you can see that it has been inserted correctly). I think that is screen refreshing problem, but only with IE.

I have already enforced from the control panel a reset to the factory settings... but the problem persists. I wondered if I reinstall the update of Windows Mobile 6.5 over itself, to see if that solves the problem. what do you think?.

Greetings

Buckcherry

SO CE 5.2.21840

Hi,

Yes i have already see this too, nothing to do i think or maybe try a custom rom.

sorry for not help, maybe someone else know the answer...

Edited by *LeiTo*

Guest Buckcherry

Yes, I'm also thinking on it, but I want to preserve my OS in Spanish, and I didn't found any newer ROM in Spanish...

Guest xdalover
Yes, I'm also thinking on it, but I want to preserve my OS in Spanish, and I didn't found any newer ROM in Spanish...

Hi Buckcherry, there is a guy from Spain, Arag0n, who has made a ROM in spanish based on WM 6.5.5. I've not tested it yet , but they say that it works very well!

See here: http://electronika.vacau.com/foro/viewtopi...p?f=29&t=28

Cordialmente

Edited by xdalover

Guest Buckcherry

Thank you xdalover!, It's a very good notice for me. But I think It's too premature... I'm going to wait for a more stable release.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest stimulant
I know this is a late reply but have you try OPERA the browser? It`s a lot better than IE.

since the windows update I've found IE to be excellent

• 2 months later...
Guest Armster

Hi everybody,

Was this problem ever resolved? If so, can you tell me the steps that you took in order to resolve the problems?

Hi everybody,

Greetings

Buckcherry

SO CE 5.2.21840

• 1 month later...
Hi everybody,

Was this problem ever resolved? If so, can you tell me the steps that you took in order to resolve the problems?

Internet Explorer mobile Patch display for WindowsMobile 6.5 by `EagleDig`.

Read about it follow the link,

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=804542

Download the cab from my attachment if you want.

IE_Patch_Display_by_EagleDig.cab