Phone doesn't beep/notify on text messages

Guest mackrox

Guest mackrox

Whenever I receive a text message, picture message, or even e-mail this phone stays silent. I have set all the options in the sound settings, no matter what I do, it doesn't work. I tested the sound, it exists and it plays in the preview. it doesn't even vibrate and the screen doesn't light up.

I'm using a stock rom, the latest version. Any clue on what's going on??

Guest garbageguts

You might need to use a program to clear out your message stack. HTC Memory Manager, SDKTools, etc. should help. A similar problem is with the Alarm on this phone. Once message stack is clear - notifications should work.

Guest dbsimms63
Whenever I receive a text message, picture message, or even e-mail this phone stays silent. I have set all the options in the sound settings, no matter what I do, it doesn't work. I tested the sound, it exists and it plays in the preview. it doesn't even vibrate and the screen doesn't light up.

I'm using a stock rom, the latest version. Any clue on what's going on??

I know you have probably already done this, but have you checked under settings>sounds and notifications and set a sound for each? I know my i910 didn't have any sounds for uincoming emails and I turned it on, and added custom sounds for text and missed calls.

Guest mackrox
I know you have probably already done this, but have you checked under settings>sounds and notifications and set a sound for each? I know my i910 didn't have any sounds for uincoming emails and I turned it on, and added custom sounds for text and missed calls.

Yes, I did.

I'll install a program to clear the memory.. I hope that works :-\

Guest mackrox

I just installed memmaid, so hopefully that can fix it.

UPDATE: Same issue =|

UPDATE 2: OMG the "sound notifications" was unchecked! It works now :(

Any other suggestions?

Edited by mackrox