USB brick/rickrolled/b0rked -> FIXED!

Guest IEFtm

unrecognized usb problem.

i own a htc desire with a cyanogen rom and my pc is not recognize my phone (unrecognized usb)

Any solution?

10X

by the way bluetooth is not working as well.

I applied the update.zip and still does not working.

i got this message when connecting to PC:

post-763040-1284996128_thumb.png

Guest McStyles

Hi i hope some can help.

I have a unrooted usb bricked device.

I have tried reroot with no success, as i cant run the update.zip

C:\r6-desire-root-alt

C:\r6-desire-root-alt>step1-win

dows.bat

Desire Root Step 1

Erasing cache and rebooting in RUU mode...

< waiting for device >

erasing 'cache'... OKAY

... OKAY

About to start flash...

< waiting for device >

sending 'zip' (138708 KB)... OKAY

writing 'zip'... INFOadopting the signature contained in this image...

INFOsignature checking...

INFOzip header checking...

INFOzip info parsing...

INFOchecking model ID...

INFOchecking custom ID...

INFOchecking main version...

FAILED (remote: 43 main version check fail)

sending 'zip' (138708 KB)... OKAY

writing 'zip'... INFOadopting the signature contained in this image...

INFOsignature checking...

INFOzip header checking...

INFOzip info parsing...

INFOchecking model ID...

INFOchecking custom ID...

INFOchecking main version...

FAILED (remote: 43 main version check fail)

Rebooting to bootloader...

rebooting into bootloader... OKAY

Step 1 complete - now use the bootloader menu to enter recovery mode.

To do this, press the power button, wait a few seconds, then use the volume keys

and power button to select the RECOVERY option.

-------------

E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command

--Wipe data...

Formatting DATA..

Formatting CACHE..

Data wipe complete.

--Install from sdcard...

Finding update package..

Opening update package..

Verfing update package..

E:Failed to verify whole-file signature

E:signature verificaton failed

Installation aborted.

I have also tried renaming the testimage.zip file to PB99IMG but it tell's its says

Main version is older..

When i run the HTC Andriod Phone Rom Utility is says my Image version is 2.09.405.8. But when i check it on the phone it says 1.21.405.2.

Hope someone can help..

cheers

Guest McStyles

I updated the rom using RUU_Bravo_Froyo_HTC_WWE_2.10.405.2_R_Radio_32.44.00.32U_5.09.05.30_2_release_142

28_signed.exe thinking it will also update/fix the usb problem.. it didnt? Probably made it worse. You guys got any suggestions?

Thx

Guest dayosaysyosh

i've got a rooted desire, SD card works, everything works except when i plug it into my computer, the computer cannot recognise it....

any suggestions? i flashed the update.zip, it worked for a few days, and then died again..

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

My device is Desire SLCD with android 2.1 and bootloader 0.83

My device is usb-bricked and I apply official untouched desire Rom but the usb functions didn't back to work.

I try to follow the steps

But my device is unrooted so I can't apply it.

I get this massage in recovery proceed Update.zip

"E: whole-file failed to verify signature"

"E: signature verification failed"

"Installation aborted

in Terminal Emulator the command “su” always give me permeation denied.

Please help me

Thank you

Guest Nemesco

Hi I have read all over for 3 days and nights on MoDaCo and XDA and stupid enough read over this topic.

I have USB Bricked my Desire after reverting from a HD Rom to a non HD Rom. After that (bad flash I had no OS at all, only the clockwork recovery in bootscreen. I managed to flash with a Stock Rom: (RUU_Bravo_HTC_WWE_1.21.405.2_T2_Radio_32.41.00.32U_4.08.00.09_release_137222_si

ned). Now I have a semi working OS but the phone is not rooted anymore and having the problem with Bluetooth and USB, I can call, but only in speaker mode.

I have a generic HTC desire which i bought simfree two weeks ago.

Bootloader is HBOOT-0.93.0001

Please help!

Is there a way I can re-root and solve the USB Brick with the info in this thread or should I try to bring it back to the shop where I bought the phone and act stupid and ask for a new one?

EDIT: I brought the phone back to the store, to fix the usb brick I need root access and to gain root access I need USB so I think It cannot been solved in my situation. If I'm wrong please let it know!

Thnx,

Nemesco

Edited by Nemesco

• 2 weeks later...
Hi I have read all over for 3 days and nights on MoDaCo and XDA and stupid enough read over this topic.

I have USB Bricked my Desire after reverting from a HD Rom to a non HD Rom. After that (bad flash I had no OS at all, only the clockwork recovery in bootscreen. I managed to flash with a Stock Rom: (RUU_Bravo_HTC_WWE_1.21.405.2_T2_Radio_32.41.00.32U_4.08.00.09_release_137222_si

ned). Now I have a semi working OS but the phone is not rooted anymore and having the problem with Bluetooth and USB, I can call, but only in speaker mode.

Please help!

Is there a way I can re-root and solve the USB Brick with the info in this thread or should I try to bring it back to the shop where I bought the phone and act stupid and ask for a new one?

EDIT: I brought the phone back to the store, to fix the usb brick I need root access and to gain root access I need USB so I think It cannot been solved in my situation. If I'm wrong please let it know!

Thnx,

Nemesco

If clockworkmod recovery still works, try applying the update.zip in the first post.

If that doesn't work, you should RUU your phone with this:

http://shipped-roms.com/download.php?&...p;send_file=yes

rename to PB99IMG.zip and put on your sdcard. Run it in HBOOT mode, will start updating automatically.

Guest Nemesco
If clockworkmod recovery still works, try applying the update.zip in the first post.

rename to PB99IMG.zip and put on your sdcard. Run it in HBOOT mode, will start updating automatically.

clockworkmod recovery doesn't work (is not installed after flashing to PB99IMG_Bravo_HTC_WWE_1.21.405.2_Radio_32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.02_2_releas_126984_s

gned

Flashing to the file you mentioned is not possible.

Finally I brought the Desire back to shop to be repaired by HTC, think I have to wait the 3 weeks they said it would take (it's a long time without a decent phone). Lucky enough I have the HTC Raphael for backup.

I think the first post has to be updated with information about solving the USB Brick when you're not rooted and have HBOOT 0.93.0001 and the latest Over The Air Update installed.

Can you give another link for this folder because it doesn't exist

thank you

Edited by flashb

Guest zwicked

Please help!

Thnx,

Nemesco

I had the same problem, and solved it, instructions here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...amp;postcount=9

• 3 weeks later...
Is this the guide to use if you can´t mount your phone/sd card as disk drive when connecting it to a PC with a cable?

Do you by any chance force apps to SD or use Froyo native APPS2SD?

If yes than there is your problem.

Edit to add explanation:

Some apps just don't like to be forced to SD. I had the same problem with my phone when I used Froyo's APPS2SD. The FAT32 partition that had to be mounted contained some apps that were used on my phone like some apps with widgets and some others that changed the way Sense worked for me. So either Sense crashed and the card mounted or (which was the case for 99% of my mounts) the card never mounted in the first place.

That's why it's better to use A2SD or A2SD+.

Edited by bpivk

Guest Asselberghs
Do you by any chance force apps to SD or use Froyo native APPS2SD?

If yes than there is your problem.

I brought up gparted tried to reformat the SDcard, since it just said Unallocated space. It presumebly finished correctly but since it has removed the option disk drive and notifies "it is safe to remove SD card" although it´s not supposed to do that.

It´s a FAT32 followed by a 1 GB ext3 on the standard 4 gig SD card. And the MCR rom is using A2SD+.

Space hasen´t increased internally as it´s suppoesed to with A2SD and A2SD+.

Quite confused:S

Space hasen´t increased internally as it´s suppoesed to with A2SD and A2SD+.
It's not supposed to increase.

The phone won't know that you have an EXT partition but you can check if it works by installing Quick system info from the market and check there.

The SD card must not contain any unpartitioned space because that can lead to errors and the phone not mounting the card.

I brought up gparted tried to reformat the SDcard, since it just said Unallocated space. It presumebly finished correctly but since it has removed the option disk drive and notifies "it is safe to remove SD card" although it´s not supposed to do that.

It is supposed to do that. Linux will unmount the card and then format it. At least that's what my distro does.

Edited by bpivk

Guest Asselberghs
It's not supposed to increase.

The phone won't know that you have an EXT partition but you can check if it works by installing Quick system info from the market and check there.

The SD card must not contain any unpartitioned space because that can lead to errors and the phone not mounting the card.

It is supposed to do that. Linux will unmount the card and then format it. At least that's what my distro does.

Yes I know about that, I followed all these steps on my phone, doing it for a friend now, and it´s Quick System Info that doesen´t show signs of increased space.

I am uncertain about any unpartitioned space, but it is Android itself when not connected to a PC that states "you can safely remove the SD card now" that´s not supposed to happen...is it?

Oh I get it now. I misunderstood you. I was under the assumption that you can't mount the SD card on your computer via your phone not the phone itself.

I had that same problem with my phone when I deleted some files using Astro. The card unmounted and wouldn't mount back.

I fixed the problem by rebooting the phone and then just pressed the Unmount SD card button in settings and OK to confirm. The card then unmounted and I re mounted it. It worked fine then.

And make sure that you put the card in a card reader on your pc and run chkdsk x: (x is the number of SD card drive) to check for errors. I had some corrupted files that had to be deleted and I never experienced that problem since.

Edited by bpivk

Guest Dashie84

i use the update.zip with clockworkmod recovery and it dont work, what i can do? my pc recognize qualcomm cdma technologies msm

my device is rooted with unrevoked 3-21

Edited by Dashie84

Guest Dashie84

Please, a question, if I flash a official RUU rom it will bring back my usb?

Because i dont think i am able to make a goldcard and downgrade my hboot to 0.80.

I have a rooted desire with Unrevoked 3.21 and S-ON and i cant root S-OFF with alpharev 'cause i need usb functionality right?

Guest western
Please, a question, if I flash a official RUU rom it will bring back my usb?

Because i dont think i am able to make a goldcard and downgrade my hboot to 0.80.

I have a rooted desire with Unrevoked 3.21 and S-ON and i cant root S-OFF with alpharev 'cause i need usb functionality right?

I hope you have not Unrooted your phone yet, I did last Friday as i had the same Problem, but thats not the right way...

Simply follow this tutorial on XDA:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=691639

If you already Unrooted than things gonna be more complicated but also possible, the solution is here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...mp;postcount=15

Edited by western

Guest Dashie84
I hope you have not Unrooted your phone yet, I did last Friday as i had the same Problem, but thats not the right way...

Simply follow this tutorial on XDA:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=691639

If you already Unrooted than things gonna be more complicated but also possible, the solution is here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...mp;postcount=15

Yes i read that guide but i dont understand where insert command like "/data/flash_image misc /data/mtd0.img" or chmod u+x /data/flash_image

Also i find a misc.img that have my cid (HTC_001), i must rename to mtd0.img?

Also i need to unzip flash_image or leave it zipped?

Edited by Dashie84