Update on Tmobile uk 2.1 and 2.2

Guest rjm2k

Guest rjm2k

Today I contacted tmobile uk asking about their impending release of 2.1 and also if there are plans for 2.2...

Response:

We are working on the TMUK 2.1 build for the Pulse and I hope (subject to testing and approval) have this towards the end of the month. There are no plans for a 2.2 build for the Pulse.

Guest thealexweb

Delay after delay, what testing is there still to do it's been released in Hungary. Doesn't really matter to me at the moment T-Mobile has my phone for the second time, just keeps rebooting, if I don't get it back working this time I'm gonna demand a refund and just a HTC Hero.

Guest Richard_Arkless
Today I contacted tmobile uk asking about their impending release of 2.1 and also if there are plans for 2.2...

Response:

We are working on the TMUK 2.1 build for the Pulse and I hope (subject to testing and approval) have this towards the end of the month. There are no plans for a 2.2 build for the Pulse.

There really is no point in talking to UK tmobile, they dont know what they are talking about and will just say anything to get people off their backs anyway im running 2.1 Hungarian update and no problems so they will most likely knick it and put it on their site as for 2.2 I think its upto huawei at this point if they want to continue support for it because there is no chance of tmobile uk continuing it

Guest Stevos

Whilst it's great that the Hungarian build was released, there are a number of issues that need to be fixed with it (including home app speed and market compatibility). I suspect this is why the other markets haven't followed with a release.

Modifications will need testing. Not all consumers are as prepared as us to deal with glitches, weird slowdowns and paid-for apps disappearing. amongst other things.

Guest Simon O
Whilst it's great that the Hungarian build was released, there are a number of issues that need to be fixed with it (including home app speed and market compatibility). I suspect this is why the other markets haven't followed with a release.

Modifications will need testing. Not all consumers are as prepared as us to deal with glitches, weird slowdowns and paid-for apps disappearing. amongst other things.

I believe either T-Mobile Hungary released a test rom or Huawei have been a bunch of spanners by releasing a rom with test keys. I hope we eventually get the correct release keys to fix the market issues once and for all... providing Google add the fingerprint to their databases.

Guest de_shepherd

I'd have to agree. I've upgraded to the Hungarian 2.1 and running that asis at the moment. As I've been following this forum for some time I'm aware of the issues that can arise and am working around them and will probably upgrade to a custom ROM with a2sd sometime soon.

However, if I was a "standard" user and had installed 2.1 then (as I did initially) install 6 or 7 apps and then get told that I'd run out of text message storage (as happened to me) I'd be pretty unhappy. Similarily if the phone occasionally crashed during calls (as has been reported) and I was the sort of user who spends most of their life talking on a mobile then I'd be even unhappier.

Remember the Pulse (at least in UK) is branded as T-mobile ... so when it goes wrong people are going to associate the problem with T-mobile. Bad experiences on one phone can stick to the whole brand. I

Guest rjm2k
There really is no point in talking to UK tmobile, they dont know what they are talking about and will just say anything to get people off their backs anyway im running 2.1 Hungarian update and no problems so they will most likely knick it and put it on their site as for 2.2 I think its upto huawei at this point if they want to continue support for it because there is no chance of tmobile uk continuing it

The person I got this from isn't your average tmobile customer services bod, hopefully they know what they are talking about. I think there are issues with the hungrian rom (though I am using it), so hopefully tmobile uk is just being more thorough in their testing. The way I look at is we've got an early release to play with and will get a final release soon. as for 2.2, Huawei may still release it as tmobile isn't the only market for the u8220

Guest todoleo
Delay after delay, what testing is there still to do it's been released in Hungary. Doesn't really matter to me at the moment T-Mobile has my phone for the second time, just keeps rebooting, if I don't get it back working this time I'm gonna demand a refund and just a HTC Hero.

Have you ever stopped to think that the T-Mobile Hungary release is actually the testing...? They're testing it on the Hungarians before making any adjustments (if any are needed) and then releasing the Eclair goodness to us.

Guest ZsZso
Have you ever stopped to think that the T-Mobile Hungary release is actually the testing...? They're testing it on the Hungarians before making any adjustments (if any are needed) and then releasing the Eclair goodness to us.

That's sounds like a conspiracy theory to me :(.

Guest Stevos
I believe either T-Mobile Hungary released a test rom or Huawei have been a bunch of spanners by releasing a rom with test keys. I hope we eventually get the correct release keys to fix the market issues once and for all... providing Google add the fingerprint to their databases.

Do you know how this was solved in the 1.5 MCRs? I assume the keys were forged in some way to appear as another device, but I don't understand how the signing process and market keys thing works, so that may not be possible.

If the keys are based on the signed ROM, then presumably our flashed custom versions might break that anyway even if we started off with the right keys from huawei.

Guest thisweb

Actually i think you are right. Movie releases are tried in asian countries before us/ europ edit

. Has anyone asked t mob why hungary has it?

Guest Cheadle

Im in the camp that believes that this could be a smart T-mobile trick with the release. They would have known that one person had a copy of the rom, others were working on making it better - so why not release it somewhere, knowing that the OS community would get hold of it, play with it and make it miles better. Then it shows them what is possible, get this put into their rom before release and the job as they would say is done.

Im sure that when Paul is back and in the mood for playing with the Pulse we will get some fantastic releases. Im betting that market will be sorted, load speed will improve and crashes will be down. The we can all find something else to moan about or want for the future .... 2.2 :(

Guest Stevos
Im in the camp that believes that this could be a smart T-mobile trick with the release. They would have known that one person had a copy of the rom, others were working on making it better - so why not release it somewhere, knowing that the OS community would get hold of it, play with it and make it miles better. Then it shows them what is possible, get this put into their rom before release and the job as they would say is done.

Well if you're listening T-Mobile, you aren't getting any more crappy boot animations from me until you fix the poor 3g coverage in London.

There, that told em :(

Edit: although please do use the minified one, or do something to shrink it. There are loads of duplicate frames in the shipping one and it's 8 times the size it should be.

Edited by Stevos

Guest todoleo
That's sounds like a conspiracy theory to me :(.

It is, those cunning Magenta Germans at T-Mobile know how to do their releases...

Guest brtemp

I too have the feeling that the Hungary release is a 'test' release... However, I think you're giving t-mob uk too much credit in regards to the OS community. Doing what you suggested would require them to pull their heads out. :(

Guest chall32
Well if you're listening T-Mobile, you aren't getting any more crappy boot animations from me until you fix the poor 3g coverage in London.

There, that told em :(

Edit: although please do use the minified one, or do something to shrink it. There are loads of duplicate frames in the shipping one and it's 8 times the size it should be.

+1 ROFL

Seriously T-Mobile; your Ashford coverage sucks and blows big time....

- Chris