I have one. Pics and video later

Guest nintylinky

Guest @home
Hi all,

Well although i bought mine from CPW i was in an 02 shop yesterday as tried to get one faster and then cancel my initial order unfortunately because i had just got my first 02 contract on Thursday for the Streak they wanted a £150 for a second one and couldn't speak to anyone to explain so i left it.

Any what i was told was that all Streaks are locked to 02 irrespective or where they come from and i was told this is going to include even the Streaks that will come from Dell direct, 02 quite simply have the exclusive rights to sell them in the UK.

Marc

Wow What a bummer.

So how come they are advertised as Sim Free @ £429 & Paul got his sime free from O2?

Ta

Guest Dogmann55

Hi @home

Well although they are being sold Sim free which in this case means without a contract they are all still locked to 02. The reason i bought mine from CPW by phone was i thought this would be the quickest way as bought it on Thursday afternoon ready for launch on Friday and at that time i believed all units from CPW would be unlocked. Unfortunately this is not the case as which ever method you use to get one at this time irrespective of on contract or not or from CPW or 02 they are all locked to 02.

I'm just hoping being on a Mobile Broadband Tariff means i get decent speeds from 02 as if not i will have to return mine to CPW I'm not going going to get stuck with only being able to use it over WiFi or 02 for 24 months unless i get decent speeds from 02 but that's just how i feel about it.

Marc

Guest griff_dai
Hi @home

Well although they are being sold Sim free which in this case means without a contract they are all still locked to 02. The reason i bought mine from CPW by phone was i thought this would be the quickest way as bought it on Thursday afternoon ready for launch on Friday and at that time i believed all units from CPW would be unlocked. Unfortunately this is not the case as which ever method you use to get one at this time irrespective of on contract or not or from CPW or 02 they are all locked to 02.

I'm just hoping being on a Mobile Broadband Tariff means i get decent speeds from 02 as if not i will have to return mine to CPW I'm not going going to get stuck with only being able to use it over WiFi or 02 for 24 months unless i get decent speeds from 02 but that's just how i feel about it.

Marc

Yeah it's well strange it being 'locked' irrespective of where it's from even stranger that CPW do it at £429 and you can get it for £399 from o2 in the same state (sim free and no contract).

However I'm sure someone will work out how to unlock it. Otherwise wait for it to be released in the states and import one??

Who will be the first person to unlock it I wonder ?