Dell Streak available now in the UK

Guest squirreleater

Guest squirreleater

The Dell Streak is now available in the UK..

04-Jun-2010_DellStreak_1.jpg

This phone quietly was released this week, it may not grab the headlines like the Evo did in the US but is a worthy looking phone/Tablet.

5" Touchscreen with 16:9 ratio / 800x480 pixels

Front facing camera with 5mp and dual led flash

1ghz snapdragon processor.

3G/WiFi/Bluetooth

Micro sd expandable to 32gb

'Gorilla glass'

Engadget gorilla glass video

Available now with O2 and the Carphone warehouse, soon direct from Dell.

Personally I really like the look of this, if it wasn't for the fact it ships with Android 1.6 - 2.1 to follow soon - I would seriously consider one.

This is the first of many phones promised from Dell, another PC company moving into the mobile/Tablet market.

Thanks to 'The Android Guys' who claim to have first coined the phrase 'Phablet'!

Guest 1uk3

I had a play with the device in an O2 shop yesterday. It was very nice indeed. The main problem with it however is that it would be better if it were bigger for using as a tablet and it's just too big as a phone!

I was seriously considering getting one but it just felt stupid holding it up to my ear. I know you can use a bluetooth headset to make and receive calls but personally I think people look pretty dumb when they're walking about using a headset looking like they're mentally ill, talking to themselves (that might just be me though).

I can't wait for a great Android tablet device to appear but this one just doesn't quite cut it for me.

Hopefully HTC will release something iPad sized - I'd be running to the shop to get one!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Adrian IS
I had a play with the device in an O2 shop yesterday. It was very nice indeed. The main problem with it however is that it would be better if it were bigger for using as a tablet and it's just too big as a phone!

I was seriously considering getting one but it just felt stupid holding it up to my ear. I know you can use a bluetooth headset to make and receive calls but personally I think people look pretty dumb when they're walking about using a headset looking like they're mentally ill, talking to themselves (that might just be me though).

I can't wait for a great Android tablet device to appear but this one just doesn't quite cut it for me.

Hopefully HTC will release something iPad sized - I'd be running to the shop to get one!

is probably just you (and maybe a few more) ... nobody told me so far that I look stupid or something similar ... apparently phones start to get bigger so using bigger phones will become something normal.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.