HTC EVO Keyboard

Guest MacCarron

Guest MacCarron

Hi there, i extracted and deodexed the HTC EVO keyboard, then xTc is loVe ( big thumbs up for him :) ) successfully packed it into an update.zip that can be flashed via recovery. Enjoy :)

Screenshot:

evokeyboard.png

HTC_IME_EVO_UPDATE_SIGNED.zip

Edited by MacCarron

Guest MacCarron
I dont know why u dont use HTC IME from Desire? Its pretty the same?

U have to delete HTC_IME.apk and HTC_IME.odex from your current ROM after u can install the EVo Keyboard. If it work? I dont think so because the EVO Screen is bigger!

Dont worry about APPS2SD there is a way to unbrick your Desire ;-) I Successfully unbricked once ;-)

Edit: I think u CANT install it because HTC APKĀ“s dont Accept testkeys ;-)

Well the EVO keyboard has the arrows :):p. I know it's not a big deal but if it can be done easily, why not? I don't think the problem lies with the test key, i successfully installed other htc apks in the past signed in the same way. I'll nandroid and start messing around then :)

Edited by MacCarron

Guest pina
Well the EVO keyboard has the arrows :):p. I know it's not a big deal but if it can be done easily, why not? I don't think the problem lies with the test key, i successfully installed other apks in the past signed in the same way. I'll nandroid and start messing around then :)

can you post a screenshots please?

Guest MacCarron
Aii this looks nice :) i test it with an update.zip ;-)

Update.zip is working ;-) Looks nice dont know if i hold it =)

WOW sweet!! I'll edit the first post and credit you right away :) :) . You gotta love the power of a community :) :P :D

Edited by MacCarron

Guest xTc is loVe
WOW sweet!! I'll edit the first post and credit you right away :):D. You gotta love the power of a community :):D:D

Thats the thing i love on android community :) i started posting it at xda with ALL CREDITS going to you :) its okay? =)

Guest MacCarron
Thats the thing i love on android community :) i started posting it at xda with ALL CREDITS going to you :) its okay? =)

Give yourself half of the credit man,as i did here. It sounds more professional when done as a team :)

Edited by MacCarron

Guest xTc is loVe
Give yourself half of the credit man,as i did here. It sounds more professional when done as a team :)

Thanks =) the longest time i needed for upload the files :) haha only 1000er dsl ;-)

Guest khtse

I guess the EVO keyboard has those arrow because it doesn't have a trackball/trackpad on it? (and because there is so much screen real estate to waste on the EVO)

Guest jedininja666

Good stuff! Any way you could merge this with the HTC IME jonas mod? E.g. to have the voice input button. That would truly create a keyboard masterpiece!

Guest sterallures

Is there a possibility that if I update it with the evo keyboard and I don't like it that I can flash back the old keyboard?

Looks rly interesting and nice tho!

Thanks for sharing!

Guest VeeDubZ
Good stuff! Any way you could merge this with the HTC IME jonas mod? E.g. to have the voice input button. That would truly create a keyboard masterpiece!

it has the voice input already

Guest StripLV

Guys i tried it to install in my X10. I isntalled it with no update zip because the X10 has no root.

IS THERE A WAY TO INSTALL IT LIKE A NORMAL APP like apk? Because if i do install it this way the X10 says me "this Sw can not be installed on this Phone"

PLEAS HELP ME! I NEED IT ON MY X10! Becaus i have no Trackball!

THANK YOU!!!

Guest jedininja666

So does it display the microphone icon if you have Voice Search installed?

Also any way this can be made an additional IME and installed as an APK?

Guest xTc is loVe
So does it display the microphone icon if you have Voice Search installed?

Also any way this can be made an additional IME and installed as an APK?

There is a way but i dont know emuch to go it :)