19/Aug - Streak 1.6 downloads / how-tos (ROM / Superboot / Recovery)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest battletank
I can't even get to the custom recovery with that version. It just sits there doing nothing....

Yep - that's what I mean - when you've selected 'Software upgrade via Update.pkg on SD card' there's nothing - presumably because there's no Update.zip on the SD card.

Guest The Jones
Yep - that's what I mean - when you've selected 'Software upgrade via Update.pkg on SD card' there's nothing - presumably because there's no Update.zip on the SD card.

I am not sure that is what I would expect. I would expect the custom recovery to load up - it shows various options one of which is to flash the update. I just get a blank screen. The previous version of the recovery image I tried at least loaded but I couldn't select any of the options.

Guest Dogmann55

Hi all,

To those of you that can't find the update.zip on the SD card is it looking for it on E:? is it then returning not found? if so is your SD card actually E: or is it D: when you plug it into your computer because this is the problem i had and mentioned in the Custom Rom thread. If so the fix is really simple instead of choosing update.zip in the menu choose install from the SD card and then you will be able to search the SD and find the update.zip and just click on it to install.

Marc

Guest the_didge
Cant get my drivers to work either. Do we have to download "Android Bootloader Interface" drivers from somewhere? If not themn where do we find them?

Everything will be installed when you install the dell pc suite.

Guest irus

@ Paul

Just wanting to make sure its ok that the new img is half the size as the old one. I noticed someone else also mentioned it but no one responded to it. Sorry for the stupid question.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Guest Browell2664

To anyone who is having problems with connection of FASTBOOT mode upon connection to pc.

After downloading the ROOT file from one of the online sources.

Open up Device manager and your Streak should appear as "Android 1.0"

>Right click, "Update Driver Software"

>Choose "Browse my computer for driver software"

>Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer."

>Categories appear, choose "Android phone"

>Select "Android fastboot"

I Hope this helps anyone experiencing problems.

Guest davehod

Paul,

The stock recovery image, (which I assume is unrooted), you link to in the first post is only 2,772 KB.

The glass on my Streak is 'bubbling' so need to return the device with the original ROM loaded - might be able to get away with the rooted version but don't want to give them any excuses...

Be grateful if you could update the link with the full ROM or point me to another site that has the img file.

Thanks.

Guest Breezzy

Hi All,

Newbie question here .. how do you install the following Builds ? Via Fastboot or another tool ?

I noticed there is a .IMG file in each folder so wasnt sure if you need to create a .bat file to run the .IMG

Stock 4399 (rooted) - DOWNLOAD (MediaFire Pro) / MIRROR (ROMraid / CoBlitz) - MD5: b3cd6f3facd39d8bf51ef956cf0a0cf1

Stock 3883 (rooted) - DOWNLOAD (MediaFire Pro) / MIRROR (ROMraid / CoBlitz) - MD5: 06067784c4b508a758503e82b002b085

Thanks

Guest davehod
Paul,

The stock recovery image, (which I assume is unrooted), you link to in the first post is only 2,772 KB.

The glass on my Streak is 'bubbling' so need to return the device with the original ROM loaded - might be able to get away with the rooted version but don't want to give them any excuses...

Be grateful if you could update the link with the full ROM or point me to another site that has the img file.

Thanks.

Cancel the above request.

After sifting through the varous posts here I realised that 2,772 KB stock recovery image is not supposed to be the full rom but is the stock dell startup/recovery prog that fires up when you start the phone holding down the volume buttons and hitting the power button. As for the full rom, nearest I got to the original was the unrooted 4399 build which can be found at http://mobileupdate.dell.com/LatestBuild/LatestBuild_21.html. Changed the name of this to update.pkg stuck it on the SD card and used Dell's recovery screen to load it.

On another note, after restoring everything to factory defauts ready for return I took a closer look at the screen and realised that the bubbling was actually a factory installed screen protector - nothing wrong with the glass. Ho Hum, feel a bit of a num nut but hope this post helps out anybody else who want's to get back to a stock build...

Guest shEEEsh

TOOK A DEEP BREATH and FINALLY got up the nerve to try and root my shift ... I have build 3562 .. Am I going to be left holding the 'unrooted streak" bag ??

Diane

Guest mintymoo

Aaaaargh!!!!

Rooted the phone. Worked perfectly. Then I decided to delete the facebook twitter quickoffice and touchdown apks. Now I get a repeated message

"android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" Phoned wont load the desktop now

Does anyone know how to fix this or have I just bricked my phone ?

Guest popetodd
Aaaaargh!!!!

Rooted the phone. Worked perfectly. Then I decided to delete the facebook twitter quickoffice and touchdown apks. Now I get a repeated message

"android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again" Phoned wont load the desktop now

Does anyone know how to fix this or have I just bricked my phone ?

That was a bad move.

You should have gone to the kitchen and cooked up a rom without them, I did and it's stable.

You could reload the recovery rom and go back to square one or you can go make a custom rom without the apps you tried to delete, those are my suggestions.

Edited by popetodd

Guest Domino
looks like a new version is out 2.5 :angry:

My Streak is connected to my laptop and I've just tried to install this.

I followed the instructions, putting it into fastboot, ran install-recovery-windows.bat and my streak now says "download recovery done!

Might be a bit of a noob question but it's been hanging like this for the past 10 minutes. None of the buttons appear to work so should I just pull out the battery?

What is it supposed to do once it says that Download recovery Done!??

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Guest mintymoo
That was a bad move.

You should have gone to the kitchen and cooked up a rom without them, I did and it's stable.

You could reload the recovery rom and go back to square one or you can go make a custom rom without the apps you tried to delete, those are my suggestions.

Saved! Tried the kitchen but it hung at the O2 start up screen. Prebake worked fine but thats not why I paid 9.99

Edited by mintymoo

Guest fards
My Streak is connected to my laptop and I've just tried to install this.

I followed the instructions, putting it into fastboot, ran install-recovery-windows.bat and my streak now says "download recovery done!

Might be a bit of a noob question but it's been hanging like this for the past 10 minutes. None of the buttons appear to work so should I just pull out the battery?

What is it supposed to do once it says that Download recovery Done!??

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

yes if it's done then pull the battery

Guest magnoman

tried this version ..taken battery out..

hasnt done anything from what i can see..

shouldnt there be a zip zile or something on the sdcard ?

Guest fards
tried this version ..taken battery out..

hasnt done anything from what i can see..

shouldnt there be a zip zile or something on the sdcard ?

you need to drop into the recovery rom

press both volume buttons while turning the streak on, then follow the instructions. ..

Edited by fards