[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

Guest Simon O

Quick heads-up. I've added ADW.Launcher 1.1.3 update to the first page. This fixes all known bugs that affected 1.1.1 on our Pulse and it's surprisingly quick and lean on resources. I'm giving it a good test now and my phone has been incredibly stable for the last 24 hours. Sadly wasn't the case with LauncherPro (which I do like...).

So if you want to squeeze a little more performance and more available ram, try ADW out.

Guest primo007
Quick heads-up. I've added ADW.Launcher 1.1.3 update to the first page. This fixes all known bugs that affected 1.1.1 on our Pulse and it's surprisingly quick and lean on resources. I'm giving it a good test now and my phone has been incredibly stable for the last 24 hours. Sadly wasn't the case with LauncherPro (which I do like...).

So if you want to squeeze a little more performance and more available ram, try ADW out.

Thanks for the update. I switched to ADW 1.1.2 from LPro yesterday and my home became a lot faster and didn't have any reloads since then. FCs gone too. FLB-Mod 1.4.1 with ADW Launcher is the real thing!

But erm... link's broken on first page.

Guest fredewis
Thanks for the update. I switched to ADW 1.1.2 from LPro yesterday and my home became a lot faster and didn't have any reloads since then. FCs gone too. FLB-Mod 1.4.1 with ADW Launcher is the real thing!

+1

Guest dimben1

merci a tous c'est ok tout est installer , l'update1 2.1 et la flb 1.4 et tous fonctionne bien pour l'instant et je vous tiens au courant

merci encor

Guest meinnit

Just wondering..for the people that have installed new ADW, how much RAM do your acore processes take up? Do you get 1 or 2 acore processes?

Guest Totyasrác
Just wondering..for the people that have installed new ADW, how much RAM do your acore processes take up? Do you get 1 or 2 acore processes?

And if someone tested - how much worse is the overall performance compared to stock launcher?

(The LPro that was initially in FLB v1.4.1 (or after one upgrade via market?) had a feature showing the memory used by itself - showed ~10megs!!! That's just too much for a home, I guess...)

Guest Simon O

One acore process. 22M used by acore. 27MB system memory available. I'm using no memory tweaks and not using the home keep in memory tweak. ADW isn't set to be persistent. Whenever I've been using some apps and go back to the home screen it's there ready. No waiting for widgets to reload :huh:

The author of ADW has really optimized this a lot!

Guest primo007
One acore process. 22M used by acore. 27MB system memory available. I'm using no memory tweaks and not using the home keep in memory tweak. ADW isn't set to be persistent. Whenever I've been using some apps and go back to the home screen it's there ready. No waiting for widgets to reload :huh:

The author of ADW has really optimized this a lot!

Would you make a version of your mod (1.4.2 maybe) with that 'no memory tweak' setting and ADW launcher default? Thanks in advance!

Would you make a version of your mod (1.4.2 maybe) with that 'no memory tweak' setting and ADW launcher default? Thanks in advance!

You can easily flash this on your own.

Guest Simon O

You can easily obtain this by flashing the ADW update http://flibblesan.co.uk/android/flbmod/extras/adw_1.1.3.zip and the replacement boot image http://flibblesan.co.uk/android/flbmod/ext...flb-default.zip

Most custom ROMs don't even use those tweaks and I've been getting better performance without them. I'm still a bit new to all this :huh:

Edited by flibblesan

Guest primo007
You can easily obtain this by flashing the ADW update http://flibblesan.co.uk/android/flbmod/extras/adw_1.1.3.zip and the replacement boot image http://flibblesan.co.uk/android/flbmod/ext...flb-default.zip

Most custom ROMs don't even use those tweaks and I've been getting better performance without them. I'm still a bit new to all this :huh:

Yes I knew and did that, I just like to have the latest and greatest stuff in one, in case I need to flash the whole rom again.

Another thing: I can't find the setting of 'number of screens' in ADW Launcher 1.1.2 and 1.1.3. 3 screens would be enough for me instead of the default 5.

Hi!

Silly question perhaps, but here we go!

Since I first uppgraded to 2.1 my contacts synced from my Gmail can't be read from third-party applications, for example Navigon.

If I add a new contact directly on my phone it pop up instantly in Navigon, but none of my synced contacts can be found.

Has anyone noticed this behaviour? Can this be fixed?

I'm currently running FLB-Mod 1.4.1

Regards

Guest Simon O
Hi!

Silly question perhaps, but here we go!

Since I first uppgraded to 2.1 my contacts synced from my Gmail can't be read from third-party applications, for example Navigon.

If I add a new contact directly on my phone it pop up instantly in Navigon, but none of my synced contacts can be found.

Has anyone noticed this behaviour? Can this be fixed?

I'm currently running FLB-Mod 1.4.1

Regards

Yes I notice this. I believe you have to move the contacts to the phone rather than have that as Google contacts, if that makes sense?

Edit: Just tested this. Contact on the phone or SIM display correctly in Navigon and Wavesecure. They didn't display when my phone was only using Google contacts.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest Simon O
Yes I knew and did that, I just like to have the latest and greatest stuff in one, in case I need to flash the whole rom again.

Another thing: I can't find the setting of 'number of screens' in ADW Launcher 1.1.2 and 1.1.3. 3 screens would be enough for me instead of the default 5.

Yeah they changed the way that works. Dead easy now though. You need to be on the home screen, press Menu then Edit. You'll see the screens (Samsung style). Then you can delete the ones you don't want.