Signal Strength

Guest dan13l

Guest dan13l

Hi all,

Can someone with a Streak tell me what the signal strength is like? I'm getting pretty crap signal on my nexus one at work, and wondered how the Streak compared. Very tempted to ditch o2, but then I'd have to wait for Dell to sell direct. And pay full price.

Cheers!

Guest Paul

I meant to post this actually, I am finding the signal MASSIVELY better than my Nexus One. Basically, at home, my N1 keeps dropping out of service whereas the Streak just hangs onto the signal. Of course YMMV etc. etc., but that's my experience so far.

P

Guest knightpants

I'm in poor reception area, had an HD2 previously and found the streak to have a lot better signal reception, still get drop outs, but it's a vast improvement on anything else I've tried here. Battery life is also very impressive.

Guest tudorw

wifi antenna seems as good as my thinkpad x31 and sony vaio, get a great mobile signal but have switched from orange to o2 so cannot comment on that really, I get a strong reception all through the house, you've probably seen the o2 checker but just in case not, http://www.webmap.o2.co.uk/

Guest Dogmann55

Hi dan13l

I have to agree with what the others have said the Nexus one in the same location kept dropping out of coverage and was weak at best the Streak hasn't lost signal once and i also have to say battery life seems really good to. Only charged to full when i first got it some 12hrs ago and have had WiFi on all the time, screen brightness on full and messing around and installing stuff still got 60% now.

Marc