30/Jun r5 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero now with Online Kitchen - Android 2.1

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Markoc84
As I understand it, the partitioning tool in Amon RAs recovery images puts the ext partition as the first partition. Is this a problem?

James

Is there a way of checking which order the partitions are on your SD card?

I also used Amon RA recovery image to partition my SD card.

Thanks for any help in getting me this ROM working.

Edited by Markoc84

Guest DickieUK

Paul,

what's the difference with "Added Click-Drag rearrange to Rosie / Sense" ?? isn't this the normal operation??

Dickie.

Guest jonathanmusto
As I understand it, the partitioning tool in Amon RAs recovery images puts the ext partition as the first partition. Is this a problem?

James

I don't think it does, I used Amon RA (1.5.3.1) and here is my parted printout:

Number Start End Size Type File system Flags

1 32.3kB 7625MB 7625MB primary fat32 lba

2 7625MB 8137MB 512MB primary ext3

3 8137MB 8169MB 31.9MB primary linux-swap(v1)

It looks like Amon RA just asks you for the swap, then the ext, then the fat32 and does them in reverse order.

I'm just waiting for the Pauls latest release to download then i'll let you all know how i get on.

To get your partition info you need ABD installed on your PC. Boot to recovery mode (with usb plugged in). Then from dos (in the adb directory) type the below in bold.

D:\Downloads\AndroidApps\ADB\ADB>adb shell

* daemon not running. starting it now *

* daemon started successfully *

/ # parted /dev/block/mmcblk0

parted /dev/block/mmcblk0

GNU Parted 1.8.8.1.179-aef3

Using /dev/block/mmcblk0

Welcome to GNU Parted! Type 'help' to view a list of commands.

(parted) print

print

print

Model: SD SU08G (sd/mmc)

Disk /dev/block/mmcblk0: 8169MB

Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B

Partition Table: msdos

Number Start End Size Type File system Flags

1 32.3kB 7625MB 7625MB primary fat32 lba

2 7625MB 8137MB 512MB primary ext3

3 8137MB 8169MB 31.9MB primary linux-swap(v1)

(parted)

Edited by jonathanmusto

Guest keyra74

great rom as always, even if linkpack shows less fps i find it almost smoother than any other i tried

and thankfully my mms work

29 fps on neocore with sound... awesome, can't wait for an o/ced kernel

Edited by keyra74

Peeps, make sure you are...

- wiping first

Check.

- rebooting after the first boot completes to free up space on /data

If I wipe first, it gets stuck in a boot loop ("silently better") - it never completes (PIN entry).

- if using A2SD having FAT32 as the first partition and the second partition as ext2/3

Check.

Pity! I suppose I can wipe the SD card and start again.

Odd: when I restored my Nandroid backup, Google Maps and Google Voice Search didn't show up in the installed apps.

/TBX

Guest mljjlm

Hey Paul,

I just took a look at your ROM's framework-folder, and there is this classes.dex-file as seen in the .apk-files. Just wanted to know if it has to be there or if it was a mistake.

/M

Guest mac-attack

Guys and Galls....and Paul,

Loving the new 2.1 update apart fromm the fact ive got no Orange Data....im running the 2.1 release from the 4th of june and have been back through and installed all the radios's from this post - nada no data at all!

Can anyone confirm, specifically Orange UK Hero owners, Locked to Orange UK, if they have managed to get data working with either the 2.1 release from the 4th or with Paul's WIP ROM from today the 8th june? If so, please post the name of the Radio you are using and a link if possible?

Cheers,

Mac

Guest denvro

Hello,

Installed r4 build 2 on my Hero. Did a wipe before install. First boot I got in a boot loop. Removed the SD Card and then booted fine. Formatted my Ext partition as Ext 3 and manually removed some applications I don't use (like Mail, Footprints, Stock, Teeter etc.).

While waiting on a GSM Hero 2.1 MCR I installed Villain 5.5. I'm really happy with this WIP MCR release, it's much faster and responsive than Villain.

I will be testing this ROM and will report if I find any bugs. Thanx Paul that you released this MCR so quick after the official HTC Hero 2.1 release.

Kind Regards,

Dennis

Guest rileyz

No Data on an Orange fone. HTC Hero.

Orange fone that has been unlocked, now on O2. Tested using the MCR WIP Rom and Radio, no luck, tried a pre sense 2.1 radio, didnt work either.

Loving the new 2.1 update apart fromm the fact ive got no Orange Data....im running the 2.1 release from the 4th of june and have been back through and installed all the radios's from this post - nada no data at all!

Can anyone confirm, specifically Orange UK Hero owners, Locked to Orange UK, if they have managed to get data working with either the 2.1 release from the 4th or with Paul's WIP ROM from today the 8th june? If so, please post the name of the Radio you are using and a link if possible?

Cheers,

Mac

Edited by rileyz

Guest cagb

Hello,

On HTC Hero from Orange Spain:

*First boot too slow, and market not working, after reboot all fine.

Instaled about 18.00, with no issues, the only "problem" is the FC in Music App, Meridian plays fine.

I try it as "day-by-day" rom, i will post tomorow if any issue.

How can find and send any log you need?

Thank, good work paul.

Guest P1an

My market is really slow and have been with all 2.1 roms I've tried and this one also, anybody got some suggestions what to do?

Guest crashd

Are you sure your APN details are set correctly? I'm using the previous, leaked Radio ('JU') and MCR 4.0 r4 and I had to re-enter Orange APN details:

http://setuporange.wdsglobal.com/internet?...mp;phoneId=2927

D

Guest cagb
My market is really slow and have been with all 2.1 roms I've tried and this one also, anybody got some suggestions what to do?

After second reboot my market is fine,

Guest catterick

I'm using an unlocked T-Mobile G2 Touch on Orange. I did a full wipe (memory/cache, dalvik, battery, rotate, ext). My SD card was pre-partitioned to have EXT3, so no new partition was made.

I flashed the r4 Build 2 ROM, and then the latest 2.1 Radio (63.18.55.06OU_6.35.15.01)

Rebooted and the ROM installation worked 1st time with no issues (in fact, it seemed to boot up quicker than previous 2.1 ROMs I had tried!).

Have been running the ROM for about 4 hours now and I am super impressed, very snappy and from what I can see everything works. No data/GPS/signal issues at all.

The on FC I've had so far was trying to use the music app, which for me is quite a biggy! I'm trying a reboot now to see if it settles down, but wondered if anyone else has had this issue?

*EDIT* forgot to mention it was the r4 build with A2SD

Edited by catterick

Guest mkolonko

hm, its not my first mcr/custom rom istalled, but i have problems with the r4-build2 with a2sd version. when trying to install, the process is aborted with the message: can't open r4-build2....zip (bad) install aborted.

could anyone confirm/help me out?

i'm coming from the first 2.1 release by paul and did a full wipe.

trying now the rom without a2sd...

thanks

edit: looks like this worked... ?? try to flash a2sd version later - after reboot

edit2: a2sd version works now... wtf?? :)

Edited by mkolonko

Guest amoz
hm, its not my first mcr/custom rom istalled, but i have problems with the r4-build2 with a2sd version. when trying to install, the process is aborted with the message: can't open r4-build2....zip (bad) install aborted.

could anyone confirm/help me out?

i'm coming from the first 2.1 release by paul and did a full wipe.

trying now the rom without a2sd...

thanks

Try download it again? could be a bad file, simply...

Guest Yeth Mathter

Cheers,

Mac

Like crashd said, check APN - I had to wipe to get the stock ROM to work without FC and consequently lost APN. Once I'd sorted that all was fine.

Now on MCR r4 build 2 base (no additions, no A2SD) and data is fine.

Guest venturerider

Hi, folks. Quick question: This new ROM that Paul is building has many additional features that I don't really need (A2SD for instance). That being said, is this ROM significantly faster than the original 2.1 ROM that Paul released a few days ago? I am running that ROM and it is pretty much perfect as far as functionality is concerned. Will upgrading give me significant performance gains?