30/Jun r5 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero now with Online Kitchen - Android 2.1

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest mkolonko
Try download it again? could be a bad file, simply...

was the first,second and third thing i did... :) well, its working now. no idea where the problem was though...

Guest mkolonko

the reboot after installing a2sd version of build 2 leaves me with the "quietly brilliant" screen starting again and again with no end. also i noticed, there is no green progress indicator on the bottom.

going back to the build without a2sd...

Edited by mkolonko

Guest nindim

I'm not sure if this is how it's supposed to be, but it seems odd to me...

If you hit the cog on the keyboard to go into the settings page, then hit "user dictionary" and "Add New", what I think should be labelled "OK" and "Cancel" are actually, "Select files" and "found"....

Guest nindim
My only concern is the laggy keyboard. Can this be fixed/optimized?

Try turning off the haptic feedback if you haven't done so already, it always seems cause lag.

Settings->Language & Keyboard -> Touch Input -> Text Input -> untick "Vibrate when typing"

Guest Nazgulled
Paul,

what's the difference with "Added Click-Drag rearrange to Rosie / Sense" ?? isn't this the normal operation??

Dickie.

I wanted to know this and also what does the Legend HTC_IME has that the Hero doesn't?

By the way, behnaam made these changes to your original repack:

* Sq3lite binary

* e2fsck binary

* Busybox symlinks moved to separate folder in /system/xbin

* 14 Wifi channels

* Removed all extra chinese widgets Paul forgot to remove

* Symlinked everything back to toolbox instead of busybox

Are any of it added to this rom are you considering it? But a better question is, are they important for behnaam to feel the need to repack it with a few goodies (although I have removed a few from the list since you already added them to this rom). At least remove the extra chinese widgets :)

I also found a translation bug in all Chungwa's releases. On the user dictionary, there's 2 buttons when adding a new word. It should say "OK" and "Cancel", instead it says "Select Files" and "found". Just so you all know.

Edited by Nazgulled

Guest Parhel

I had many issues with the A2SD ROM initially, so here is what I did:

1) reformat my ext3 partition

2) Nandroid backup and full wipe

3) Install

4) Setup

5) Reboot

Since then everything has been peachy.

Haven't tried the music app, since I use Meridian anyway.

Guest maboss77

Hello,

Thank-you for this rom. I have 1 question, I flashed the ap2sd build with ext2 partition but the free space on phone down when I instal apk. Why?

Excuse my bad English.

Guest Lynchpin

Hi all. I'm an avid user of Modaco 3.2, and I'm really keen to put this 2.1-based ROM on my phone. I was just wondering though; if I install it now, will I be able to update it as Paul makes new releases, or will I need to re-flash each time and set everything up again? Just wondering if it's worth jumping on it now, or holding out til an uber version with a modded kernel gets released.

Guest TheAdmiralCS

I am so desperate for the kitchen to appear. Held off flashing the full one and also Villain, and just want 2.1 on my Hero :) Hurry up Paul :-)

Guest jonathanmusto
Try turning off the haptic feedback if you haven't done so already, it always seems cause lag.

Settings->Language & Keyboard -> Touch Input -> Text Input -> untick "Vibrate when typing"

+1 - it flies without haptic feedback!

Guest fabsn

Looks great.

Multilanguage would be very nice and the haptic feedback is very weak. On MCR 3.2 and earlier it was much stronger.

Guest IAmGeef

Been using the non-A2SD version since yesterday, and the only FC's i'm getting are : com.htc.bgp, and com.htc.music.

Can't see anything that is being stopped by the com.htc.bgp process stopping, and the com.htc.music app doesn't prevent me from using Spotify or last.fm.

For me this works great.

Thanks for the hard work Paul.

Guest richdoc
Paul,

what's the difference with "Added Click-Drag rearrange to Rosie / Sense" ?? isn't this the normal operation??

Dickie.

I believe this is referring to the fact you can pinch the home screen (or any screen for that matter) and it zooms out so you can see all 7 screens and select the one you want. Nice :)

Edited by richdoc

Guest Lordsmiff
I believe this is referring to the fact you can pinch the home screen (or any screen for that matter) and it zooms out so you can see all 7 screens and select the one you want. Nice :)

Once you have zoomed out and you can see all 7 screens, just hold on one and you can re-order them making a diffrerent screen the default etc...that's the click\drag feature...

Smiffy.

Perhaps this one ?

*Clic*

:)

Different Rom, this one is a preview release of MCR 4.0 based on the official HTC 2.1 release, the one you provided the link to is the pre-rooted 2.1 release which doesnt have any of Pauls added magic.

Guest dwattsy21
Different Rom, this one is a preview release of MCR 4.0 based on the official HTC 2.1 release, the one you provided the link to is the pre-rooted 2.1 release which doesnt have any of Pauls added magic.

Yea it says with kitchen in the title of this thread. Hopefully that means it should be up soon. Good work Paul