Entering your SIM unlock code

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul

If you have purchase a SIM unlock code for the GT540, you can enter your code in the following way...

- Start the device

- Click the icon to open the phone dialer

- Enter 2945#*540#

- Enter the provided unlock code

- Click 'Unlock'

Job done! :)

P

• 1 month later...
Guest nath108

any idea where I can buy an unlock code? Mine is locked to O2 12 months but I have to move between countries so it's a little inconvenient in some countries without O2 service

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ThePenetrator

Hi guys, where would you usually purchase the unlocking code? I checked few websites but they didn't look too trustworthy to me. Could you recommend any decent website on which i can unlock my gt540. Cheers

Guest joeymk
If you have purchase a SIM unlock code for the GT540, you can enter your code in the following way...

- Start the device

- Enter 2945#*540#

- Click 'Unlock'

Job done! :huh:

P

I type that and i'm getting this

SIM NETWORK UNLOCK PIN

YOUR PHONE IS NOT PERSONALIZED

what is this mean? I'm on t-mobile network Macedonia.

Guest PaulWilks

- Start the device

- Enter 2945#*540#

- Click 'Unlock'

Job done! :huh:

P

Cool, thanks for the tip. I'm getting one of these phones for my daughter. Can I ask where to get an unlock code from? Seems to be lots of places advertising codes but I'm not sure how reliable they might be with this phone being relatively new). Thanks in advance ;)

Guest TheLostSwede
I type that and i'm getting this

SIM NETWORK UNLOCK PIN

YOUR PHONE IS NOT PERSONALIZED

what is this mean? I'm on t-mobile network Macedonia.

It means it's not SIM locked

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest mackgt540

I am also looking for an unlock code for my GT540.

It is locked to O2.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I would very much appreciate it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chubby_the_bink

i just got my GT540. It really looks amazing. The manual is really clear for unlocking the phone (dutch - vodafone)

Only where can i get a reliable unlock code? I tried a website... paid 5 USD,but no luck.

Please help, because i want to enjoy this device....

Guest fjsferreira
i just got my GT540. It really looks amazing. The manual is really clear for unlocking the phone (dutch - vodafone)

Only where can i get a reliable unlock code? I tried a website... paid 5 USD,but no luck.

Please help, because i want to enjoy this device....

I've just used fastgsm.com, they delivered the code in 5hrs, and it worked! It's around 19€. Not bad, my operator asked for 40€ (TMN, Portugal)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest corinadeva

Contacted o2 for the unlock code, they tell me will have to wait until july next year.

Is anybody here able to pm me with advice on where to get an unlock code for the gt540?

Thanks

I have bought the unlock codes for my phone, but which to use? I have got a choice of 5, called "level 1-5"?

does one use the current sim, no sim, or the new sim for the unlock steps? thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Guest cooperama
My dad got one of these today, locked to tesco (uk).

Where can I buy an unlock code? thanks

I got mine from Mobile unlock codes.co.uk, Working code + instructions within mins by email. Cost £7.99.

• 3 weeks later...

[ORIGINAL POST-10/01/2011]

I got mine from Mobile unlock codes.co.uk, Working code + instructions within mins by email. Cost £7.99.

Well I bought my code from that site last night at 8pm but still nothing from them. I'm starting to think I should have researched a little more as a lot of people don't seem to have a good word to say about them. On top of this, above user "cooperama" has only posted once! :D

Anyone know of a reliable unlocking code site for GT540?

[EDIT-11/01/2011] The company got back to me with two codes, neither worked. They have now said they will refund my money but it could take up to 5 days. I'll let you know if/when they do!

In the meantime, I am trying eBay with member e-unlocks after reading some posts with recommendations. Will let you know how it goes!

[EDIT-12/01/2011] eBay member e-unlocks worked fine, although it did take them a long time (about 30 hours) to provide the code. I now have an unlocked phone! However, still no refund from mobile-unlock-codes.co.uk

[EDIT-16/01/2011] Finally got a refund from mobile-unlock-codes.co.uk, took 2 e-mails with threat of opening Paypal dispute then I got the refund!

Edited by Iggy82

• 3 weeks later...
Guest infernal

If your in the UK and are going to buy a phone on payg your best going to carphone warehouse as there phones are unlocked allready,I had a o2 payg sim which I wanted to keep,the lg 540 was £99 on orange and vodaphone plus £10 top up which makes it £109 or £109 plus £10 pound top up on o2 =£119,but since I allready had a o2 sim I could of had it for £109.So I opted for the vodaphone deal popped my o2 sim in and I'm going to sell the vodaphone sim with £10 worth of top on ebay.. ;)

Edited by infernal

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest sinha12
hello,

i search the provider unlock code of ORANGE FRANCE.

please, can you send me the code.

Hello Dude!!

You Can get unlock codes for your mobile from .I recently got unlock codes for my mobile from this site

http://www.mobileunlocksolutions.com. It was reliable and the steps were easy to follow.Check the site dude!!

Edited by sinha12

Guest sonicpromo
Hello Dude!!

You Can get unlock codes for your mobile from .I recently got unlock codes for my mobile from this site

http://www.mobileunlocksolutions.com. It was reliable and the steps were easy to follow.Check the site dude!!

I can provide unlock codes for the LG GT540. These are usually delivered by email within 24 hours of ordering

You can order directly from our website www.unlockingshop.co.uk

or you can contact me by email [email protected]

Codes cost just £7.50, discount available for bulk purchases & resellers

Thanks

Darren

Guest killbot87

I got my unlock code from my provider but couldn't get in to the menu (2945#*540#); it insists that there are no mobile networks available. This may be because I recently switched provider, thinking I had already locked the phone, and now I cannot access any mobile network.

However, I have also rooted the phone and am running 2.3.3... I wonder if this would have any effect? I recall that the above access code was used as part of the original rooting process when the phone came packaged with 1.6.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.