How to root your LG GT540

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul

Want to root your LG GT540?

Here's how! :)

The LG GT540 root is interesting in that it's very similar but not the same as the LG GW620 root, detailed here on XDA developers. For the GT540, LG introduced an additional level of security in the engineering application. It didn't really work out so well. :)

To enable Superuser access (root) on your GT540:

- Turn on the device and click the icon to open the phone dialler

- Enter the code '3845#*540#'

- Select the option 'Module Test', then 'Stability Test' then 'Enable Root Permission'

- You will now be prompted for a password - enter :SWIFT::GT540:

- A toast message will briefly appear saying 'OK' - your root access is now enabled!

- Reboot your device, and now when you connect via ADB, you'll see you have a root prompt (#).

You can now download and install ChainsDD's excellent Superuser app from here (I used the su-2.1-cd-unsecure version).

Job done! Enjoy! :)

P

GT540root.jpg

Guest Filipceglow

I'm very sorry but polish users were faster.

3rd of June 2010, two users from http://www.forum.android.com.pl (polish web site) rooted LG Optimus.

We have sent many mails to diffrent portals but none of them anserwed.

So we will be very pleased if you could contact them and say that Poles have done that before you.

Just for justice.

Greetings from android.com.pl

Oh, here's the link: http://forum.android.com.pl/showthread.php?t=13986

Guest Paul

I'm not sure what exactly you expect me to do with it?

I posted my root findings here, not realising they were already made available on your Polish forum (as i'm sure would be the case for many English speaking MoDaCo readers), but that's fine because your very posting in this topic has corrected that...?

P

Guest Filipceglow

What do I expect ?

Hmm nothing special, just to inform all the people that Poles were first. We sent many mails to diffrent android-portals but none of them anserwed, and few days after a BIG BANG, and nearly all of them described how did you do it. I personally think it is a litte bit unfair for our users to lay all the splendor on you, don't you think so ?

I don't really accuse you of being a cause of that what happend, but you are the only man who can fix the situation. We're trying to get in touch with editors of the portals to correct text about rooting, but it's ineffective so far (as you can see).

Edited by Filipceglow

Guest behnaam
What do I expect ?

Hmm nothing special, just to inform all the people that Poles were first. We sent many mails to diffrent android-portals but none of them anserwed, and few days after a BIG BANG, and nearly all of them described how did you do it. I personally think it is a litte bit unfair for our users to lay all the splendor on you, don't you think so ?

I don't really accuse you of being a cause of that what happend, but you are the only man who can fix the situation. We're trying to get in touch with editors of the portals to correct text about rooting, but it's ineffective so far (as you can see).

Why would it be unfair? It's not Paul's fault the portals didnt report the polish peoples work right? He just made his root and they reported it, he didnt beg or ask them to do so.

I think your post is pretty silly tbh. Talk to the news sites if u want anything sorted out.

Regards,

B

Guest Filipceglow

1. I am not angry, my English is rather old-fashioned so it may looks like because of that. :)

2. Thanks for the tweer now everytihng is clear and we appricate that.

Once again - Greetings from forum.android.com.pl :)

Edited by Filipceglow

Guest magicpie1980

So annoying, when you think all Paul has done for Android rooting in general?

So what who's first, do you see any reaction from paul when he rooted nearly every other phone on the market before anyone else...

Just slow down and watch the football;)

Oh yeah Poland are not at the World Cup are you;)

MP

Guest RemoteSojourner
So annoying, when you think all Paul has done for Android rooting in general?

So what who's first, do you see any reaction from paul when he rooted nearly every other phone on the market before anyone else...

Just slow down and watch the football;)

Oh yeah Poland are not at the World Cup are you;)

MP

Agree with everything except the football comment. It's overrated :)

Guest magicpie1980
Agree with everything except the football comment. It's overrated :)

women, football, and android;) Oh and maybe Cisco;) = Life;)

lollol

Im just sitting here waiting for the polish backlash;)

I like you guys, really;) My girlfriend is Polish;))))

But we have to defend whats right, and this guy is definatly WRONG!

JD;)

Guest EmDzej
What do I expect ?

To be honest I don't see any reason for Paul to inform that rooting was made by some people from our country (ya, I'm from Poland)...

Thay always could login @ modaco and place some info by themself. You could do it!

I know that almost every human being on the planet interested in adnroid is following Paul, but he deserved it with his hard work.

So work hard and become famous!

Guest zaphod0

Wow I thought it was going to kick off here. Reminds me of a good friend of mine who I've worked with for a few years. He is Polish and can sometimes speak with a certain formality that can come across quite serious. At first I thought he didn't like me, but then I realized it was just his formal vocabulary. We get on superbly now!

(lol Just thought it was worth a mention! )

Back on topic, congrats to both groups in obtaining root. Wish they were all that easy! Thinking of buying one of these for my girlfriend

Edited by zaphod0

Guest TheLostSwede
How do I install the superuser app. I've downloaded it but have no idea what to do with it.

Drop it on the SD card, download Apps Installer from the market, start Apps Installer, install the superuser app.