How to root your LG GT540

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest s60mike

I've rooted a GT 540 and installed Superuser but no Superuser-Request appears when I'm starting any Root App like a screenshot-App etc.? What's wrong?

Guest jrenshaw
I have tried the above but i only have four options in stability test, data abort, prefetch abort, kernal panic, and abort by user mode can anyone help please

The same here, can't see what I am doing wrong.....

I'm on kernel version 2.6.29

and

software version GT540-v10a-JUN-24-2010

any ideas?

Guest Clarkey15
I've rooted a GT 540 and installed Superuser but no Superuser-Request appears when I'm starting any Root App like a screenshot-App etc.? What's wrong?

Open up the superuser app and a pop up should come up asking if you want to give the screenshot program access. Give that a try.

Guest s60mike
Open up the superuser app and a pop up should come up asking if you want to give the screenshot program access. Give that a try.

Normally it is the other way - isn't it? I'm starting the Screenshot app and a popup should appear that wants to allow me SuperUser Rights for this app?

Guest Clarkey15
Normally it is the other way - isn't it? I'm starting the Screenshot app and a popup should appear that wants to allow me SuperUser Rights for this app?

Yeah I'm pretty sure it is usually the other way round too, I had the same problem, but this fixed it for me.

Guest turbocrow

thank you used the Chinese site and did not use the beta i used 6.1 or something and i then went onto the market place and downloaded superuser perfect works brill now thnx

Guest Imfrom

So, I bought mine from Carphone warehouse. And triend Androot. it said it rooted the phone, but when I've tried launching few root requiring apps they didn't lauch. one of them even stuck, and I had to reboot the phone.

Any advice, other than flashing?

P.S. Could anyone explain me what flashing is about and drop me a guide to it?

I saw the first post of this thread, just I do not know how to use those packages. thanks, for understanding.

Edited by Imfrom

Guest bloodlust8

I just bought my LG GT540 the other day from Carphone Warehouse and I can't root it because the enable root permission is removed/disabled by the CPW. Can I just use the Universal Androot 1.6.2 beta 5? Just wanted to confirm first before doing it. Thanks.

Edited by bloodlust8

How can I install my apps, games on SD card? I've already rooted my phone but it still uses my phone memory..

You'll have to run android 2.2 on your phone, then it's possible. But on Android 2.1 there are also some apps2sd available i think, don't be sure of that tough.

Guest Satans_Hell

Gah!!

I dont seem to be able to root my GT540. I put in the 3845#*540#, then go to Module test, stability test and I dont get the option to Enable Root Permission??

Not sure if I am doing something wrong though.....

Guest TheLostSwede
this is obviously a foolish question, but i cant see an obvious answer after a fair bit of searching. what benefits does rooting the phone bring?

Certain apps require rooting, such as using it as a Wi-Fi hotspot, root explorer and a bunch of other useful software. That's about it.

Guest DonPanda

hi there,

im a totally noob at the android technology, but i've readed a lot of read me's and stuff to understand what ur talking about.

well the problem i have is:

when i connect my phone to the pc, the android SDK manager cant find my device. does i need the sdk programs to root my lg? i get the 'ok' msg after i enabled root, but dunno what to do next.

maybe some1 can explain me the next steps to finally root the lg?

would be really nice. i rereaded the last 4 sites 3-4 times, but i dont know what u mean with whiteapps and stuff.

:lol:

thanks

hi there,

im a totally noob at the android technology, but i've readed a lot of read me's and stuff to understand what ur talking about.

well the problem i have is:

when i connect my phone to the pc, the android SDK manager cant find my device. does i need the sdk programs to root my lg? i get the 'ok' msg after i enabled root, but dunno what to do next.

maybe some1 can explain me the next steps to finally root the lg?

would be really nice. i rereaded the last 4 sites 3-4 times, but i dont know what u mean with whiteapps and stuff.

:lol:

thanks

Hi,

LG has patched the root method in the OP during some of the firmware updates. Right now, if you can't find "Enable Root Permission" or am having trouble installing the superuser app, you should give Universal Androot a try. It roots your phone as well as install the superuser app.

A Superuser app grants apps permission to access the phone's root. Apps that have been granted permission are said to be in the whitelist, I think.

You don't really need to have to use AndroidSDK, if you just want to root your GT540 phone.

If you can't connect your phone to the computer, you most likely don't have the drivers installed. Get LG PC Suite IV from somewhere since the Official Site doesn't really give you a download link, you'll have to google it.

Edited by Ixirim