• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Streaks display type?

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi,

I have had a look round and cant seem to find a specific answer.

What is the display tecnology used on the dell streak? oled, amoled or just old tft tech?

this could be a deal breaker for me between this and the galaxy s.

Thanks

Posted

I believe it's TFT. It does look amazing, but at the same time reds and oranges don't pop like they do on my N1.

Posted

TFT.

P

Posted

ok thanks :),

bit of a shame they didnt use some later tech, but i suppose it does keep the cost down of the big screen.

Posted

Regardless of the tech, the screen works great imo, even decently in daylight (better than the Nexus One imo in that respect).

Posted

thats good to know, still very tempted now you say that lol, also this seems to be getting a bit more attention from developers for custom roms ect than the galaxy s, especially now its rooted.

I take it the screen will be a improvment over my current phone (touch hd) disregarding size ofc.

How are you finding the battery life? i heard its onpar with the desire which sounds impressive given its larger screen.

Posted

Too early to say yet for me, it lasts a full day (just), but I'm doing lots of stuff on it because it's so cool :) My impression is that under "normal" (which for me means fairly heavy 3G use for email and web) use it will achieve a day comfortably, on a par or better than the iPhone 3GS (the phone I've used the most so far).

Posted

well i think i will upgrade on o2, wonder if i can get any extras out of them :)

Cheapest taffif from what i can see is the 18m - 300min - unl text - unl data for £35 p/m (totals £690) from what im paying now £20 smartphone tariff im ending up paying £330 for the phone.

Posted

7 hours has taken 50% of my battery so far today. Of course I've only really given it one charge, so a little early to judge.

Posted

Battery life so far is on-par with my iPhone 3gs. Are you still on contract? If not, you should ditch your current plan, buy the streak outright and get a giffgaff sim.

Posted (edited)

i was actually looking at that option, i noticed on the giggaf website something about unlimited web untill july. does that apply to the 10p/m tariff? also will the sim work in the streak?

having similar battery lide to the iphone seems pretty good considering how locked down they are with software compared to the android systems

Edited by craigdabbs

Posted

i was actually looking at that option, i noticed on the giggaf website something about unlimited web untill july. does that apply to the 10p/m tariff? also will the sim work in the streak?

having similar battery lide to the iphone seems pretty good considering how locked down they are with software compared to the android systems

If you get the 10p/m tariff it includes the data. Also, someone on this forum said that they use giffgaff with their streak and that since it uses o2 it works great. I know o2 is changing their data plans so I'm not sure if they will impact giffgaff or not.