• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Lack of equalizer / bass boost on Android

1 post in this topic

Posted (edited)

After putting up with a pretty awful Windows Mobile phone for the last year and a half, my contract finally came to an end so I got myself a new HTC Legend.

One of the first things I tried out was the music player, and I noticed straight away that it sounded flat with no bass at all. After some hunting around it appears that there's no equaliser or even a simple bass booster available. It never even crossed my mind that this would be a problem with a modern handset and (supposedly) one of the best mobile operating systems available. I use my phone to listen to music a lot and now I'm stuck with this phone for two years (since Vodafone don't have a return policy, which is totally unfair) and as long as this issue isn't resolved (which I really don't think it will be since it hasn't been sorted in the last 2 years) I'll never be able to use it to listen to music on. So unimpressed.

I'm sure some audiophiles will tell me I just need some better headphones, but the fact is that - despite their shortcomings in many other departments - on both my previous phones - my Diamond and my Sony Ericsson - the sound quality was great with these very same mid-range headphones.

Apart from that though, the phone seems great and I'm very impressed with Android, I'm just very annoyed that this very basic feature seems to have been overlooked. I know comparisons between Android and iPhone can get a bit tedious, but the lack of such a basic audio feature would be totally unthinkable on the iPhone platform.

Edited by moo_ski_doo