Omnia II 64 bit drivers needed

Guest AndyHamp

Hi,

a number of posts on here imply that people are using Windows 7 64bit and their Omnia II. But the UK support are telling me that they don't support 64bit systems !

So where did people get their drivers from ? Or can you tell me what device drivers you're running ?

Thanks ... Andy

Guest GunnarKarlsson

Hi

i "use" the omnia currently with Win7 x64.

I did not have to install anything at all, the mobile device manager popped up when I attached the omnia with the usb cable and I could set up the partnership with the pc.

If that does not work, but all you want to do is exchange music etc, pelase set the omnai as mass torage. That setting can be accessed from the settings.

However, I do not know if samsung Kies or other software works with win7 x64. I have not installed that on my work machine. It resides on my old xp sp2 laptop. I feel safer upgrading firmware from a machine with a battery...

//gunnar

Guest AndyHamp
Hi

i "use" the omnia currently with Win7 x64.

I did not have to install anything at all, the mobile device manager popped up when I attached the omnia with the usb cable and I could set up the partnership with the pc.

If that does not work, but all you want to do is exchange music etc, pelase set the omnai as mass torage. That setting can be accessed from the settings.

However, I do not know if samsung Kies or other software works with win7 x64. I have not installed that on my work machine. It resides on my old xp sp2 laptop. I feel safer upgrading firmware from a machine with a battery...

//gunnar

Gunnar,

Would it be possible for you to tell me what driver Windows pickedd up ?

Go to Device Manager, find the Phone (should be under Mobile Devices), Right click and select Properties. Then click on the Driver tab ... either copy the details or send a screen shot it you can. If you are sending a screen shot could you also click on the "driver Details" button and send a shot of that too.

Many, many thanks ... Andy

Guest ray1234
Gunnar,

Would it be possible for you to tell me what driver Windows pickedd up ?

Go to Device Manager, find the Phone (should be under Mobile Devices), Right click and select Properties. Then click on the Driver tab ... either copy the details or send a screen shot it you can. If you are sending a screen shot could you also click on the "driver Details" button and send a shot of that too.

Many, many thanks ... Andy

I use the i8000 on Win 7 x64 as well. In USB drive mode, Win 7 will pick up the device as an USB Mass Storage Device. It will use its internal USB drivers, namely USBfilter.sys and USBSTOR.sys

Guest GunnarKarlsson

c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\UMDF\WpdRapi2.dll

c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\WUDFRd.sys

Driver date: 2007-05-31

Driver version: 6.1.6965.0

Found it under portable devices.

I have not tested to sync to local outlook, since I use the OMA access to our mail exchange server.

Edited by GunnarKarlsson

Guest AndyHamp
I use the i8000 on Win 7 x64 as well. In USB drive mode, Win 7 will pick up the device as an USB Mass Storage Device. It will use its internal USB drivers, namely USBfilter.sys and USBSTOR.sys

Apologies i might not have been very clear. If i connect the I8000 as a USB mass storage device it works fine. If I use Internet Connection sharing, it work just fine.

But what i want to do is connect it to sync with Outlook using activesync.

Andy

Guest nutpantz

correct me if i am wrong.. but all you need to do is install the 64 bit version of windows mobile device centre

it has all the drivers for connecting with active sync.. ( its really a protacal for transferring information over a usb network device)

the omnia 2 needs no special driver, windows seven needs no new special driver other than the ones provided by windows mobile device center 6.1( i think is the newest one).

TAKE NOTE OFFICE 2010 x64 with NOT sync with any windows mobile device AFAIK.. only office 2010 32 (and it works fine with WMDC64 AND WIN64)

nutz

Apologies i might not have been very clear. If i connect the I8000 as a USB mass storage device it works fine. If I use Internet Connection sharing, it work just fine.

But what i want to do is connect it to sync with Outlook using activesync.

Andy

Guest AndyHamp
correct me if i am wrong.. but all you need to do is install the 64 bit version of windows mobile device centre

it has all the drivers for connecting with active sync.. ( its really a protacal for transferring information over a usb network device)

the omnia 2 needs no special driver, windows seven needs no new special driver other than the ones provided by windows mobile device center 6.1( i think is the newest one).

TAKE NOTE OFFICE 2010 x64 with NOT sync with any windows mobile device AFAIK.. only office 2010 32 (and it works fine with WMDC64 AND WIN64)

nutz

Nutz,

i agree ... that's all i should have to do... but it doesn't appear to be working. I have WDMC 6.1 installed and it doesn't start on my machine, but without a device installed i'm not sure what it should do.