Yonn i900 ROMs

Guest yonn1981

Guest BorisGVG

These have now

SPB DROID V3

Any particular problem here? Don't understand the purpose of your post? It looks to me that it is fine, right?

Guest obaggio

Any particular problem here? Don't understand the purpose of your post? It looks to me that it is fine, right?

It works fine in this rom.

Guest thunderjet

HS++ V2.01 ROM 9 June 2011

Details:

ROM Version : i900XBIJ1/Yonn

OS Version : 6.5.3.0

Released Date : 9 June 2011

Windows Mobile 6.5.3 Professional

CE OS 5.2.21690 ( Build 21690.5.3.12 )

With XDA_UC NET customization and HS++ Theme V2 Standalone..

Special thanks to michoob from xda for his IPTWeather -> Thread

Screenshots:

yonnhomescreenv2.png

This ROM includes lot of HTC Mega customizations such as ringtones, alerts, mail setup, ..etc".. Moreover It's equipped with XDA_UC NET for better user customizations... More details > Here <

Notes:

-> Most of Mega apps xmls are fixed to support WQVGA.

-> You can adjust EZinput settings for vibration and sound easily by using Text Input Settings - Now SIP menu replaced to simplify this...

-> Included with the ROM "XDA_UC" folder > This MUST be copied as it is to "My Storage" before flashing the ROM as it contains lot of customizations including the HS++ v2 Standalone CAB ...

For Details on how to operate HS++ theme refer to > Here <

Links:

Six (6) ROMs with different cooking settings to chose from

Update 9 June: Roms updated to 2.01 with power off bug fixed and slight more better modifications ...

1) Zero Cache - Best performnce and speed (but some apps esp GPS might don't like it) for regular users

PagePool 8

h_logo.gif

PagePool 12

h_logo.gif

2) 2MBCache XPR - Good performance and speed but with cache enabled

PagePool 8

h_logo.gif

PagePool 12

h_logo.gif

3) 2MBCache LZX - More space with ordinary performance and cache enabled

PagePool 12

h_logo.gif

* Value Addon 1

contains HTC and LG Ringtones and sounds with 1% Battery driver CAB "already in my ROMs"

h_logo.gif

__*__

Guys, Can somebody provide me a new link or mirror to yonn's HS++ V2.01 ROM 9 June 2011 zero cache, these links are already dead. many thanks

Edited by thunderjet

Guest MAROST67

Can i have new link for SPB DRIOD ROM 23 May 2011?

Thanks

can someone put the link for this rom reading on various sites are defined beautiful and I would try

HS + + V2.01 ROM 9 June 2011

SPB DRIOD ROM May 23, 2011

I thank you in advance

Edited by MAROST67

Just tried the two latest alternative ROMs in question and there are the problems (welcome if answered by anyone now):

[HS + + V2.01 ROM 9 June 2011

1.) the phone hangs if USB MASS STORAGE mode is set when linked to PC, how to avoid it?

2.) these Spb's candy looks and animations consume excessive battery power, don't they?

3.) can't put on the Spb Home Screen more plugins/widgets - must rely just on these already provided? e.g. what about CGPS?

other problem for both ROMs:

4.) why can't set 4 or 5 columns in the START menu?  (programs like XTreme.Tweaks.v1.1,  WM6.5_Hexagons_4_row  or   StartMenuExpander  bring no effect  but in  the Steff195's ROM  did it without any problem - it seems so smart if all the icons are reachable at just one glance, without the need of scrolling!)

Guest Maiur

hi all, i want to know why when i tap the icon of messages it doesn't display who currently send me sms and another question if someone can answer me how to add people to favorite contact. i'm talkin about HS + + V2.01 ROM 9 June 2011. Thanks all in advance ^^

Guest BorisGVG

Just tried the two latest alternative ROMs in question and there are the problems (welcome if answered by anyone now):

[HS + + V2.01 ROM 9 June 2011

1.) the phone hangs if USB MASS STORAGE mode is set when linked to PC, how to avoid it?

2.) these Spb's candy looks and animations consume excessive battery power, don't they?

3.) can't put on the Spb Home Screen more plugins/widgets - must rely just on these already provided? e.g. what about CGPS?

other problem for both ROMs:

4.) why can't set 4 or 5 columns in the START menu? (programs like XTreme.Tweaks.v1.1, WM6.5_Hexagons_4_row or StartMenuExpander bring no effect but in the Steff195's ROM did it without any problem - it seems so smart if all the icons are reachable at just one glance, without the need of scrolling!)

1. Don't use that option, use ActiveSync option, once you connected to AS, then go to your computer click My Computer and you'll have a mobile phone icon named Mobile Device, click on that and you are in your phone. This is better option than USB MASS STORAGE. (This is if you use Windows XP SP3, don't know how it is with Vista and 7)

2 & 3. Start reading this tread from Page 95 you will find your answers, If i remember correctly every bug, doubt or question about any of the ROM's presented in this tread is answered, you just have to do a little research. As an ex user of SPB Mobile Shell 3.5.5 I can tell you that those animations are GIF images, so they are not related to the phone system. Phone system only use power to activate the gif images, not to play them.

4. Try JWMDArmids v1.3 to change columns in start menu, search for them here or on xda-developers.

Guest BorisGVG

hi all, i want to know why when i tap the icon of messages it doesn't display who currently send me sms and another question if someone can answer me how to add people to favorite contact. i'm talkin about HS + + V2.01 ROM 9 June 2011. Thanks all in advance ^^

- For the sms not showing who send you, when you tap and the sms is open in default message program, then scroll up and you'll see who send it to you. This is not cooked thing this is default WM setting.

- If you think the 9 table of contacts, first you can add contacts only if those contacts are on the phone, not on your SIM card. Long press any of the empty icons of contacts there will bring popup menu Add Contact (or something like that). When you press that it will open a list with numbers from 1 to 9 (i think), those are the icons of your Favorite contacts they go like this:

1 - 2 -3

4 - 5 - 6

7 - 8 - 9

Then you chose any contact and you added do the wanted number of the list, you will wait about 5-7 seconds utill the app read the whole number (contact) info.

Short tap on the added Favorite Contacts (any of the contact) I think will popup a menu Remove contact.

I think it was that way with short/long tap, if not, then it's other way around. Play a bit, you will figured it out eventually :)

Edited by BorisGVG

yet about USB MASS STORAGE mode...

1. Don't use that option, use ActiveSync option, once you connected to AS, then go to your computer click My Computer and you'll have a mobile phone icon named Mobile Device, click on that and you are in your phone. This is better option than USB MASS STORAGE. (This is if you use Windows XP SP3, don't know how it is with Vista and 7)

The only XP I possess (legally) is HOME version and I can not install ActiveSync in it because Windows' response is that the ActiveSync is outdated already so the program is not certified any more and it's installation is set to be prohibited (it looks like it is prohibited hardwiredly as I tried to get around this obstacle with many tweaks and nothing helped).

So your answer implies the MASS STORAGE is not available in the Yonn HS++ ROM, doesn't it? Sad as I use this routinely, the more my default PC os is linux...

However USB MASS STORAGE works well in the Yonn's DROID ROM...

As an ex user of SPB Mobile Shell 3.5.5 I can tell you that those animations are GIF images, so they are not related to the phone system. Phone system only use power to activate the gif images, not to play them.

So does it mean for these gifs the power is used only once after the device's switching on? ;)

I must tell you I tried to monitor CPU utilisation during switching panels, folders etc. (and then returning to the main screen) such so many times. The FdcSoft's Task Manager has been used as the monitoring tool for this purpose: http://www.dotfred.net/TaskMgr.htm

Tested in the two ROMs: Yonn's DROID and Steff195s Light v2. To my surprise the plain "Today Screen" with 'Start menu' seems to consume even little more CPU than DROID's SPB Mobile Shell. Is it possible?

Of course it would be good to confirm this more precisely, could you recommend any applet for the power consumption measurement, please?

If it confirmed the Yonn DROID would be proclaimed as the most optimized ROM for the CPU resources - yet still the most functional and aesthetic either ;)

The only 'cons' is the RAM usage, but it could be reduced by disactivating Start menu, couldn't it?

Edited by vza

Guest Maiur

- For the sms not showing who send you, when you tap and the sms is open in default message program, then scroll up and you'll see who send it to you. This is not cooked thing this is default WM setting.

- If you think the 9 table of contacts, first you can add contacts only if those contacts are on the phone, not on your SIM card. Long press any of the empty icons of contacts there will bring popup menu Add Contact (or something like that). When you press that it will open a list with numbers from 1 to 9 (i think), those are the icons of your Favorite contacts they go like this:

1 - 2 -3

4 - 5 - 6

7 - 8 - 9

Then you chose any contact and you added do the wanted number of the list, you will wait about 5-7 seconds utill the app read the whole number (contact) info.

Short tap on the added Favorite Contacts (any of the contact) I think will popup a menu Remove contact.

I think it was that way with short/long tap, if not, then it's other way around. Play a bit, you will figured it out eventually :)

Very thank you the second point! it works now! i wasn't able to set that because all my contact are on sim that's the reason :) but can you explain me better how to set messages? i didn't understand clearly...first into the home a have a lower bar made by: home / messages / favorite contact / calendar...when i tap that icon of messages how can i set that page for seeing the conversations or when i tap the 2 arrows i change person who i'm chatting?? rlly thank you for your help ^.^

Guest BorisGVG

Very thank you the second point! it works now! i wasn't able to set that because all my contact are on sim that's the reason :) but can you explain me better how to set messages? i didn't understand clearly...first into the home a have a lower bar made by: home / messages / favorite contact / calendar...when i tap that icon of messages how can i set that page for seeing the conversations or when i tap the 2 arrows i change person who i'm chatting?? rlly thank you for your help ^.^

Can't remember now correctly cuz I use another ROM now (testing it), but I'm sure if you start reading I think from page 100, I'm sure there will be explanations about what you ask, although the conversation for all updated and reloaded roms starts from page 95. So there are 15-20 pages of reading, couldn't be that hard to read it.

Anyway, does someone has the CAB file of HTC Connection Setup which Yonn used it in his rom "HS++ V2.01 ROM 9 June 2011"? I would like to have it cuz it setup my data connection automatically when I used this rom. I like to try it on my new rom i am using now.

Thanks from advance :)

Guest BorisGVG

You can try this one, but it's not from Yonn. It's from OCK's ROMS.

Well, I use one of OCK's roms, Eclipse Refreshed to be pricize, I hope this one will help, I tryed like 4 of them, and noone makes my GPRS connection automatically like HTC CS from Yonn's rom.

Will try this and let you know

Thank you :)

EDIT: It worked man, thank you. Just to say something so other can be notified. Once you setup connection, uninstall HTC Connection Setup WQVGA from Remove Programs. Then go to Start>Settings>Connections and search for GRPS Authentication, click there and when you see your connection there (in my case TM MK Internet (T-Mobile)) if there is None authentication just put there PAP or CHAP. Try whatever works for you, In my case PAP was enough to get my 3G internet.

Edited by BorisGVG

Guest ARPcPro

Hello,

I started using yesterday the SPB DRIOD ROM 23 May 2011 because I was told it is the most recent for Omnia i900. It is fast, I didn't found major issues so far and I always use SPB on my WM phones. I came from the official WM6.1 ROM. So great work Yonn and thanks for this beautiful ROM.

I just would like to know how can I easily change the icons of the hexagon?

I know they are png files and I would like to know if I can copy a bunch of those pngs from a stock WM6.5 ROM and they will work after sending them to my phone. There are apps to do this, but I need to change the icons one by one and select the icon file.

The big green androids behind the icons makes the icons difficult to identify. That is why I would like to restore the original WM6.5 big icons. Thanks

Edited by ARPcPro

Guest BorisGVG

Hello,

I started using yesterday the SPB DRIOD ROM 23 May 2011 because I was told it is the most recent for Omnia i900. It is fast, I didn't found major issues so far and I always use SPB on my WM phones. I came from the official WM6.1 ROM. So great work Yonn and thanks for this beautiful ROM.

I just would like to know how can I easily change the icons of the hexagon?

I know they are png files and I would like to know if I can copy a bunch of those pngs from a stock WM6.5 ROM and they will work after sending them to my phone. There are apps to do this, but I need to change the icons one by one and select the icon file.

The big green androids behind the icons makes the icons difficult to identify. That is why I would like to restore the original WM6.5 big icons. Thanks

If they are cooked in the room you cannot change them, but if they are SPB Icons and can be changeable you can do it easily. Try to read this Thread , but I think it is if SPB Mobile Shell is original, not changed. Just try and see how it goes. I personally never used this ROM, but try reading this thread from page 95 to here, If i remember correctly there are lots of questions particularly about this rom . See how it goes, play around and please give good feedback, cuz I was wondering to try to flash this rom and to see. So far I use OCK's Eclipse Refreshed rom, and it's one of the best roms for omnia i900 I ever tried, along with Yonn's roms too.

Another thing for changing icons in the start menu, try and se this Thread

For all answers you look about windows mobile, especially for Omnia i900, beside MoDaCo, consider this forums also:

XDA-Developers

Samsung-Omnia.org

Guest ARPcPro

Thanks for your answers.

1 - I was able to replace most of the icons easily by the original ones. I downloaded the png icons and with total commander I copy them to the /windows folder. Now I have much clearer icons without the annoying green android. The icons are attached, so just copy them to /windows and your phone will look like this:

screenshotsyonniconsrep.th.png

JDMiconChanger didn't work very well, and I wasn't able to change the remaining icons with it, to the ones I want.

2-Edit: videocall clarified by using search. I had to install Omnia_Lite_Dialer_For_i900.cab to enable it.

3 - The phone seems fast so far. Although the startup animation is a bit long. I didn't find annoying bugs except the date that shows with the wrong year (2011) on the home SPB screen:

dateerror.th.png

4 - Latest and the most up to date version of Windows Live Messenger included in the ROM. Like:

Version: 10.7.0061.0500 Date Published: 1/8/2010 (Jan 8th 2010) Language: English

_ww.fileden.com/files/2009/11/13/2649211/OriginalWM65Icons.rar

OriginalWM65Icons.rar

Edited by ARPcPro

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BorisGVG

Thanks for your answers.

1 - I was able to replace most of the icons easily by the original ones. I downloaded the png icons and with total commander I copy them to the /windows folder. Now I have much clearer icons without the annoying green android. The icons are attached, so just copy them to /windows and your phone will look like this:

screenshotsyonniconsrep.th.png

JDMiconChanger didn't work very well, and I wasn't able to change the remaining icons with it, to the ones I want.

2-Edit: videocall clarified by using search. I had to install Omnia_Lite_Dialer_For_i900.cab to enable it.

3 - The phone seems fast so far. Although the startup animation is a bit long. I didn't find annoying bugs except the date that shows with the wrong year (2011) on the home SPB screen:

dateerror.th.png

4 - Latest and the most up to date version of Windows Live Messenger included in the ROM. Like:

Version: 10.7.0061.0500 Date Published: 1/8/2010 (Jan 8th 2010) Language: English

_ww.fileden.com/files/2009/11/13/2649211/OriginalWM65Icons.rar

Do 1 or 2 hard resets , that in many times do help with this kind of things. Everytime you flash a new rom, after the flashing do a hard reset for 2 or 3 times one after another. That you will be sure there is no leftovers from the previos rom. When I flash a new rom I always do 3 to 4 hard resets right after the flashing, and after that I start customizing the phone and installing programs. :)

Guest davide4688

Hi,

i have installed the last ROM: 2MBCache XPR 8PP but now the browser by wifi doesn't working!

After i connect to my wifi lan, the browser cannot find none page!

i tried to change the settings but nothing...

sorry my bad english :)

Guest ARPcPro

Hi,

i have installed the last ROM: 2MBCache XPR 8PP but now the browser by wifi doesn't working!

After i connect to my wifi lan, the browser cannot find none page!

i tried to change the settings but nothing...

sorry my bad english smile.gif

Try to change the Wireless Network settings from "Internet" to "Work". I think the internal apps like IE use the "My ISP" connection entry by default. I just don't remember exactly the steps to adjust that behavior.

Can you get an IP address on the wifi network?

By the way, regarding the SPB DROID ROM, where is the Windows Mobile “Search” utility? Usually there is a "find / search" shortcut somewhere that is able to search for words from PIM, Pocket Outlook, SMS and filesystem.