MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Time Sheep

With ProLauncher I barely feel the difference in anything else than speed. I have no need for changing back, so it would be a waste of time, even in the long run.

BTW Mine has been running for 1½ hour, then I accidentally closed it. 1 hour then I did it again. 2 hours, then I did it again. Means I've spent 3½ hour playing games while waiting for Delia to give me my download :lol:

Jamaljmys

PeteT is Ad Free, therefore he has access to the kitchen...

Guest StuMcBill
err help its now about 1 hour

Sorry mate, I don't know what to suggest, but I don't think you have any choice but to pull the battery.

What apps2sd option did you select in the kitchen and how is your SD partitioned?

Guest PeteT

Yes, I have access to the kitchen :lol: It only took 10 mins.

its been on the white screen for 1h15mins now. What do i do? Wait? or use my nandroid? If so do i just remove the battery then go into recovery? or power off? i dont want to brick it.

Guest PeteT
Sorry mate, I don't know what to suggest, but I don't think you have any choice but to pull the battery.

What apps2sd option did you select in the kitchen and how is your SD partitioned?

i chose apps2sd+. It is partitioned to ext3.

Guest Time Sheep

Happened to me once. Pull battery, nandroid, everythings fine :lol:

Although I cannot guarantee it won't brick your phone, I just took the risk. I mean, white screen is not funnier than black screen. And in fact Rick Martin is funnier :D

I've never heard of anyone bricking the phone by pulling the battery at boot?

True, it is a phone, but it's a smartphone. If you just want to place calls and browse FB/Twitter, you should be able to do with a phone 1/4th the price, so I'm wondering why you bought a smartphone if you got no use for it's functions?

Edited by Time Sheep

Guest StuMcBill

Mine has stuck at the HTC screen (before the animation) a few times, and I have just pulled the battery and booted it up again.

If it doesn't work you should be able to restore your Nandroid?

You did wipe before installing the ROM didn't you?

Guest PeteT

tadaaaaaaa :lol: :D

Pulled the battery, put it back in turned it on with vol up (wrong i know). Was about tp pull the battery again then i noticed the annimation. i have waited to 5 mins and hey presto i have android 2.2 phewww

btw yes i had a nandroid. i have about 5 i think. Where are they stored on the sd card? thought a backup on the pc would be a good idea.

Edited by PeteT

Guest StuMcBill
btw yes i had a nandroid. i have about 5 i think. Where are they stored on the sd card? thought a backup on the pc would be a good idea.

Glad it worked ok for you.

It depends on how you made your Nandroids?

If it was with clockworkmod, they should be in the clockworkmod folder in the SD card I think?

Guest PeteT
Glad it worked ok for you.

It depends on how you made your Nandroids?

If it was with clockworkmod, they should be in the clockworkmod folder in the SD card I think?

Yes it was with clockworkmod and thank you the backups are in that folder.

Guest StuMcBill

Bug report: I cannot seem to send MMS messages using this ROM.

I am using handcent, and I have tried it with wi-first disabled so I was connected to 3G all the time.

Guest Noonski

Servers cooled down again was a speedy download and Bake.

Already had my first encounter with the trackpad wake.

(how does the tweak work, as in does it do more polling and what is the effect on battery)

And don't forget to do screen of and on to connect Headphone jack when it don't start.

Found the Script app very quickly, but market doesn't look faster yet (It starts out with updates)

Update: after updates there is increase in market speed.

Boot looks a bit slower, but nothing to lose sleep over.

Is there a way to bring the minimal screen backlight up a bit for the automatic mode?

I can seen lines on whites in the minimal backlight setting.

I don't use exchange but does this work on Froyo?

http://www.nexeo.net/?p=93

For the ones that do need Exchange.

Update: downed and installed, it Force Closes.

And Google Googles still has Force close (I know I haven't read about any fix for this).

I use Barcode Scanner to scan QR codes as a replacement for Googles.

Does ZXing Team allow for redistribution of Barcode Scanner in the form of Rom's and Kitchens?

Edited by Noonski

Guest marius.greve
Is there any way to implement another language? E.g. Norwegian? Via an update.zip or baked into the ROM? :lol:

Anyone? I've got another ROM with Norwegian language, so if I could extract it somehow..?

Guest afiorillo

Just flashed a baked r21, amazing as usual.

I noticed two things:

1. The ultra-slow Market required the tweaked XML file;

2. After flashing the screen goes black for a quite long time, just after the "HTC Brilliant" white screen: one could think that the Desire is stuck, but it is not.

Guest CF Chong
Damn, I only just installed r20 last night and installed all my apps again. I never feel comfortable flashing without wiping but I might have to this time. Can anyone who's already installed confirm the echo is gone? I cannot hear it but people I am on the phone to always comment on it.

If you are not comfortable not wiping, then do a backup using titanium backup.

After flashing, use titanium backup to restore. Make sure your filters are set to backup and user. Then use batch to restore all apps and data. This will restore only your apps and not the system.

For sms and call logs, use sms backup and restore and call logs backup and restore respectively.

For browser favourites, use titanium backup to restore [bookmark]browser. Restore only the data.

Edited by CF Chong

Guest ALouie

strange camera/gallery behavior when transferring from Desire to Mac. All images are empty but emailing the images from the device works. other than that, this one is a good rom.

Guest laouer

Hello everybody

I have tested many froyo versions 2 month ago, what about the FM radio application? it isn't included yet???

Guest CF Chong
Hello everybody

I have tested many froyo versions 2 month ago, what about the FM radio application? it isn't included yet???

FM radio is from HTC...not part of Froyo... :lol:

Guest Ajthescot
+1

I am waitin for this to be answered before flashing aswell

i wouldnt think so im sure there would be a massive thread if someone found a fix for white noise /echo

nice write up from cfchong http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...mp;postcount=10

While Google has released the Froyo source to AOSP, I believe the source that Google has been working on was meant for Nexus One.

Nexus One has a noise cancellation feature utilizing 2 microphones. The first microphone will pick up sounds and the system will generate a reverse phase of these sounds. These generated sounds will be used to match and cancel off the sounds coming in from the second microphone.

For example, you are using the phone beside a fountain. Due to the distance between you and the fountain, both microphones will pick up the same volume of the sound from the fountain. On the other hand, when you are speaking on the phone, the microphone you are speaking into will register a louder sound of your voice compared to the second microphone at the back of the phone. The noise cancellation software will take the sounds from the first microphone and generate a reverse phase of the sounds. Then these generated sounds are matched against the sounds coming in from the second microphone. Since the volume of the sounds coming from the fountain is the same for both microphones, they are canceled off. The sound of your voice is louder from the first microphone than the second microphone and is only partially canceled. This results in the other party been able to hear your voice without (or faintly) the background sound of the fountain giving the impression that the your voice is very clear.

Coming back to Desire, it does not have the second microphone but the noise cancellation program is still residing in the AOSP source which was meant for Nexus One. This program is the one generating the "white noise" and "echo" for the non existing second microphone.

Since the source has been released, I am sure someone will be able to identify and disable/remove the noise cancellation program. Or someone may leak an HTC Desire Froyo test ROM. Whichever comes first.