Flash now your Samsung Galaxy S

Guest DDmen

Guest Sim-1
I wasn't able to flash with just using PDA = CODE file and instead used all three as above and it worked for me. :-) Just testing now !

Same here. Coming from F2 there was no way to make it work without all 3 of them.

Guest TMW597

Your post isn't very clear. Which software on the site are we supposed to download? There is no picture of a Galaxy S on the site to know that you're getting the proper files.

For those searching the site, go to the far right of the page where it says, "Firmware", then scroll down and select "Android" under Samsung Smart Phone, then scroll down and you'll see the Galaxy S picture. Click on that and follow the instructions.

Edited by TMW597

Guest Robert Davidson

I flashed the latest firmware using this method, found it very easy to use.

As reported in other posts the language in some of the samsung apps are in russian (I think)

Also one of my paid apps (Mybackup Pro) is no longer available and cannot be found in the market.

Guest TMW597
Any ideas as to why the voice search feature is now missing from my Google Widget??

I noticed this too. I'm going to try to figure it out. I'm wondering if it's just re-downloading the Google Mobile suite. ????

Guest TMW597
I have 40000 members everybody love this way because it is simple and clear...

For people that aren't very savvy, I can see how it could be a little convoluted for them. I had to poke around to get it.

I did the firmware upgrade to I90000XXJF5 successful, and like DDmen stated, it is pretty simple and quick. When I was done and it rebooted the language came up in Russian. I just navigated through the menus using the pictures and was able to change the language back to English. I have noticed that it is a lot less sluggish.

Besides that the Google Voice look-up option disappear, but I'm sure that will come back with a download of the Google Mobile Suite.

All of that being said though... the Kies Sync still gives me the same error, and I can't sync.

Thanks for the help DDmen!

Guest ArminC

I had version 3 all stable and running, flashed to 5 a lot of things got crazy. Wifi not working properly, my mobile inet got crazy. Flashed back to 2 (there is no 3???) and all works well.

For now I am on version 2.

Guest Sim-1
I noticed this too. I'm going to try to figure it out. I'm wondering if it's just re-downloading the Google Mobile suite. ????

Sorted! You can download it from the Market! It's the official Google Voice Search app. Once you've installed it, close (or trash it!) the Google Search Widget you have on your desktop, re-open it and there you go! :lol:

Guest DDmen

My internet and WIFI works great on JF5.

You have to fix the APN settings....

If you cant download anything in the Android Market you have to make a hard reset on your phone....

After that everthings will be work great.

NOTE you will lose alle things so make first a backup!

Guest zenkinz
My internet and WIFI works great on JF5.

You have to fix the APN settings....

If you cant download anything in the Android Market you have to make a hard reset on your phone....

After that everthings will be work great.

NOTE you will lose alle things so make first a backup!

do you have an english version of CSC that I can use? I flashed the latest EU/RU firmware, and there's some problem with the language. I heard flashing the english version of CSC will fix it..

Guest komos

just in case somethong goes wrong while flashing

the device when rebooted asks you to connect to pc

turn off device enter downloading menu (vol down + home + power) and start over again

check (again) if your pc has found the device

Guest johoe

Remember you phone must be simlock FREE!

DDMen can you please tell me, why the phone has to be simlock free? My phone is locked to the Austrian provider A1, so I cannot flash the newest roms from your site?

regards,

johoe

Guest bambibio

This might sound stupid, but I've been trying to search and ask around a few forums w/o much knowledge, since there hasn't been too many Android phones launched in Finland and for that reason, this is my first Android too.

I got a few basic questions:

-Do I lose warranty when flashed to these official firmwares? There was also talk that one couldn't use Kies to upgrade anymore if once flashed?

-Do I have to backup the phone before flashing? If yes, could someone recommend a good app/program to do so?

I noticed there's no JF3, which I currently have. Is there a way to backup my current firmware moderately easy? If flashing indeed causes me the warranty of the phone, I would like to be able to flash it back to JF3 to get the warranty back.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(Sorry for my English, not my native language)

Guest dan 6a

A few more basic questions,

1 Why does the samsung firmware site look so unofficial? It doesn't seem like samsung would have produced such a site, and;

2 If it is legit why do some of the apps come up in Russian??

Guest buzzman

I have also a question:

Somewhere i read about a not working WiFi tethering after flashing new roms. It this a joke, or is this true with custom roms or how can I understand that?

Is there no problem when flashing regular Samsung firmwares?

Thanks

Guest bambibio
A few more basic questions,

1 Why does the samsung firmware site look so unofficial? It doesn't seem like samsung would have produced such a site, and;

2 If it is legit why do some of the apps come up in Russian??

It's not official Samsung firmware site.

Guest daenney
Can firmwares be flashed with a Mac? I see Odin is only available for Windows. Any help is appreciated.

I'm a Mac-user too and I'd rather not have to deal with booting Windows in a VM, toying with drivers and such to flash a new firmware. Anyone got a guide somewhere or an idea as to how this could be achieved?

A set of linux tools would work just fine too on a Mac I'd guess and I'm no stranger to the commandline but I have no idea where to look for to begin with...

Edited by daenney

Guest cemaker

Hello im new to Androind and Samsung...

When start the phone in Download mode... and plugin the USB cable to flash my PC with Windows 7 64bit cannot find drivers for the "Gadget Serial" through windows update...

Am i doing something wrong?

Guest daenney
Hello im new to Androind and Samsung...

When start the phone in Download mode... and plugin the USB cable to flash my PC with Windows 7 64bit cannot find drivers for the "Gadget Serial" through windows update...

Am i doing something wrong?

Nope, that'd be correct, those drivers can not be found on Windows Update.

My best bet is that you either didn't install the Google Android ADB driver or the drivers that come with Samsung Kies.

Guest cemaker
Nope, that'd be correct, those drivers can not be found on Windows Update.

My best bet is that you either didn't install the Google Android ADB driver or the drivers that come with Samsung Kies.

How can i find those drivers?

Guest pekkala89

I'm a bit worried that my phone broke down. I flashed the newest firmware and after that my phone does not recognize any simcard. Where is the problem? SD-card and simcard were removed before flashing.

EDIT: Oh s*** I'm stupid. I placed the simcard 10 times backwards. ROFL

Edited by pekkala89