• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Back up SMS?

7 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I own a HTC Desire, and HTC issued a Firmware update last weekend. The update installed fine, but it caused problems with the Android Market, in that when I went to download something, the status bar would just continually say "Download Starting". I contacted HTC about my problem and they informed me that I would have to perform a factory reset of my phone. However, in doing this, I will lose any SMS messages saved and applications that are installed. The applications can be reinstalled, but my SMS messages will be lost. I have seen that there are apps that can backup SMS messages, but as I cannot install any apps due to my Market problems, is there any other way of backing my messages up?

Cheers in advance,

~Kerb

Posted · Report post

titanium backup is the best

its fast too ;)

worth every penny

Posted · Report post

or instead of hard resetting, try a few things first.

have you by chance recently changed your google account from @googlemail.com to @gmail.com? if so, change it back. this will solve the market issue and allow you to backup your SMS. then you can change it to Gmail again if you really want to and then hard reset.

if you haven't done that, then try going to settings > applications > manage applications

find and clear cache/clear data and force stop Market, download manager and google talk

that often helps with the 'starting download' thing.

Posted · Report post

or instead of hard resetting, try a few things first.

have you by chance recently changed your google account from @googlemail.com to @gmail.com? if so, change it back. this will solve the market issue and allow you to backup your SMS. then you can change it to Gmail again if you really want to and then hard reset.

if you haven't done that, then try going to settings > applications > manage applications

find and clear cache/clear data and force stop Market, download manager and google talk

that often helps with the 'starting download' thing.

Man I wish I had seen this before hard resetting. Yea I had recently changed from @googlemail.com to @gmail.com

Thanks anyways!

Posted (edited) · Report post

+1 for android sms backup & restore. titanium backup is also good but need root.

Edited by Diage

Posted (edited) · Report post

The  Android Mobile Manager is the best tool to backup HTC SMS.

Edited by Erikkl