Home Screen Setup - Show Me Yours :)

Guest Andy Garton

Guest craigdabbs
What is that scrolling messenger and weather widget? ;)

yea also interested in that social widget, almost like friendstream for htc?

is the bottom weather widget "beautiful widget"?

it would be nice to reduce the taskbar (O2-uk) section so that we can see more notifications.

Edited by craigdabbs

Guest Andy Garton

The messenger, calender and weather widgets are all part of the Pure series:

http://www.androlib.com/android.developer....landes-zpt.aspx

http://koxx3.wordpress.com/

... I can recommend all of Francois's work (and no I'm not on commission ;) ).

You can hide the status bar completely in ADW.Launcher but I prefer it shown personally.

It looks bad in landscape, but that doesn't bother me as I only really use landscape for browsing certain websites.

Edited by Andy Garton

Guest streak dan

Haven't rooted yet and really can't be bothered to mess around getting a proper screenshot so you'll have to do with a photobooth pic!

post-714677-1277058087_thumb.jpgpost-714677-1277058070_thumb.jpgpost-714677-1277058078_thumb.jpg

Guest streak dan

Its called fancy widget, make sure you set any task killer not to kill it though...really messed me up looking at my phone for a few hours with the same time...

Guest Wonford

Here's my 3 main screens, I tried ADW but i actually prefer Dells set up tbh and I have found than I mainly use the device in landscape anyhows. So I don't find the home screen not working in portrait a big problem just a slight annoyance!

post-651680-1277125981_thumb.jpg

post-651680-1277134113_thumb.jpg

post-651680-1277134120_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wonford

Guest Dogmann55

Hi all,

I also use my Streak in Landscape mainly in fact only the apps that don't work in Landscape and i have no choice do i use in Portrait and am very happy with the Dell UI so feel no need to install any other launcher well not as yet anyway. I'm running Beautiful Widgets for the Clock and Weather as well as 3G Watchdog and Live Calender Widget. In the last screen shot that is the view you get from touching the Live Calender Widget and the rest of the Widgets are the ones that come with the Streak. I'm also using a Carbon Fibre Wallpaper that was originally from a HD2 so is 800x480 as i like my backgrounds plain. Anyway this is my set up after my first two weeks with the Streak and i am loving this device especially as it will only get better once it gets 2.2 or Custom Roms.

4721474160_5533db775a_m.jpg

4720850915_59339b0024_m.jpg

4720831355_02ccbb255f_m.jpg

Marc

Edited by Dogmann55

Guest rottenmonkey
Its called fancy widget, make sure you set any task killer not to kill it though...really messed me up looking at my phone for a few hours with the same time...

Cheers for that mate.

Guest fracmo2000

hey andy, your home screens are smart, can you explain what you installed (portrait, Android 2.2 style launcher thing at bottom etc)

Guest koolin

That weather widget you guys are all wondering about that looks like the HTC flip clock is maybe Fancy Widget, but quickly go get as HTC is about to force them to pull it down.

Guest fantasytozi
yah Andy ... can you just "explain" you 2 screens?

I cant manage to make mine show portrait mode

He used ADW Launcher. Search for it :lol: