LG Gt540 rom updates from LG

Guest hecatae

s*** i pressed the call and button and in updater says error !!!!!!

oh fvck !

what i do now ?

thanks god i ejected the battery and phone is back to android 1.6....

so when says step complete DLOAD change

i just wait and phone is in emergency mode ?\

how much is the wait time ?

Guest TheLostSwede
thanks god i ejected the battery and phone is back to android 1.6....

so when says step complete DLOAD change

i just wait and phone is in emergency mode ?\

how much is the wait time ?

About five minutes, but do bear in mind that it will erase everything on the phone, so back everything up. Of course, you'll re-sync any data and stuff on the SD card is safe.

Guest RottenFoxBreath
About five minutes, but do bear in mind that it will erase everything on the phone, so back everything up. Of course, you'll re-sync any data and stuff on the SD card is safe.

Yeah, the update finishes when your phone finally reboots to the "welcome to GT540 screen".

Guest kapslock

Updated to 2.1 All nice and smooth. After done, I thought I would try phone update via LGMobile update. Of course, it said software up to date. Then i had a go with LG PC Suite 4. It tells me "New phone software available for GT540. Do you want to update now" What do you guys think. Should i try it. Could it all go horribly wrong. I'm not sure..... Could it set it back to 1.6 Anyone ??

Well my KDZ_FW_UPD application,after i set the destination of the kdz file and i click on start,it gets freezed (not responding),wtf made i wrong? i installed the lg android driver,etc etc.. can somebody help me? ><

Guest RottenFoxBreath
Well my KDZ_FW_UPD application,after i set the destination of the kdz file and i click on start,it gets freezed (not responding),wtf made i wrong? i installed the lg android driver,etc etc.. can somebody help me? ><

mine sort of froze, when i closed a mail window, and wouldnt respond, but I left it, and about a minute later it refreshed, and was doing its flash thing, cab file or whatever was created, then it rebooted the phone a few times, but it does seem to be problem free, unlike other upgrades, and other members posts.

Guest spark001uk

Hi, any of you guys cant work out why kdz_fw_upd just keeps failing? I found this setting after about 4 hours of fvcking about: on the phone, go to settings > sd card, and UNTICK the "mass storage only" option. Then when you plug usb back in, it installs the rest of the drivers that were missing! Stupid option why did they want to enable that as default for goodness sake!!

Guest huajiebbs
This is Android 2.1-update1, what other information to give? Worth a try, of course.

This ROM is multilanguage. English too present.

please tell me the V20b rom whether has Chinese language.

My GT540 is HongKong version.

This is Android 2.1-update1, what other information to give? Worth a try, of course.

This ROM is multilanguage. English too present.

Will the FM Radio work if I'm on a different continent? I love my radio stations too much.

Edited by Ixirim

hmmm, when i try to download the

LGAndroidDriver i get a message in russian and have no idea whar it means, i press ok and then that is it, it does not downloaded it. anyone know what i am doing wrong?

ok i found it, but what am i doing here:

on the phone: Settings => Applications => dop.nastroyki, set daw USB debugging

it obviously translated wrong, which aplication is dop.nastroyki?

ok i found it, but what am i doing here:

on the phone: Settings => Applications => dop.nastroyki, set daw USB debugging

it obviously translated wrong, which aplication is dop.nastroyki?

ANYONE?!

Settings => Applications => Development => turn on (check) USB debugging

Thanks! but now the screen keeps pn saying emergency mode after it restarted.

it keeps saying things on KDZ> like iparam=162, then 163 then 164, and it has stopped at 164 for a long time now...

how long shall it be like that? before i panic

Guest Khanh Tran
Thanks! but now the screen keeps pn saying emergency mode after it restarted.

it keeps saying things on KDZ> like iparam=162, then 163 then 164, and it has stopped at 164 for a long time now...

how long shall it be like that? before i panic

I just wait for 2-3 minutes and my phone restart, after that, it's ok. Welcome 2.1 :lol:

I just wait for 2-3 minutes and my phone restart, after that, it's ok. Welcome 2.1 :lol:

ok i think i a, in trouble, it has been like 10 nothing has changed and my computer is frozen! now what?

Guest Khanh Tran
ok i think i a, in trouble, it has been like 10 nothing has changed and my computer is frozen! now what?

Try re-flash it on Emergency Mode

Edited by Khanh Tran