LG Gt540 rom updates from LG

Guest hecatae

Guest JDean123

I have installed the CPW 2.1 update (following the steps here: http://android.modaco.com/content/lg-gt540...ference-thread/ ).

So far, no problems. The market was being a bit strange though. Anything I selected to download got to the starting download stage and just hung. Infact, I forgot about them last night and checked my phone at about midday today for messages and I saw the notification saying they had been downloaded! Another app I downloaded today went really quickly though... So not sure about the market tbh. Haha.

Guest sughero
Hmmm still no joy with the boot logo at startup just a blank screen and also LGs software does not recognise my phone

I would try the android usb driver (you can download it from google SDK, and then have to edit the inf file).

Once the system recognize your phone (it doesn't matter if it's LG driver or something else) you should be able to flash it again with KDZ.

Good luck

Guest sughero
Just install the greek version.i have a few questions plz :

do i have to root- it? and what is the benefits of root-ing the system?

if you root your droid you will access /system with write permissions, which means that you can run

many apps as app2sd, shootme, titanium backup, wifi-tethering... otherwise forbidden

how can i remove - sims,shazam ?

you need to root your device to delete apps inside the rom. Titanium Backup or root explorer can do this for you

thanks for the replies.

sorry for my bad english.

you're welcome

Guest Dedge-World
I would try the android usb driver (you can download it from google SDK, and then have to edit the inf file).

Once the system recognize your phone (it doesn't matter if it's LG driver or something else) you should be able to flash it again with KDZ.

Good luck

THX for the advice, the blank screen was due to LG Updater, gave bad flash update from LG, LG have taken it back for repair.

:rolleyes:

Guest garrygeezer
I have installed the CPW 2.1 update (following the steps here: http://android.modaco.com/content/lg-gt540...ference-thread/ ).

So far, no problems. The market was being a bit strange though. Anything I selected to download got to the starting download stage and just hung. Infact, I forgot about them last night and checked my phone at about midday today for messages and I saw the notification saying they had been downloaded! Another app I downloaded today went really quickly though... So not sure about the market tbh. Haha.

Hi mate does your lg app advisor app work?

For all the kiwis, looks to be a vodafone issue, not the phone itself. check at stuff.co.nz

thanks.. No keywords or anything??? No real links?? you know stuff.co.nz has LOTS of topics about android and vodafone...

Guest JDean123
garrygeezer Posted Today, 07:07

Hi mate does your lg app advisor app work?

Hi Garrygeezer,

I am assuming the lg app advisor on my phone is working... I'm not really sure what its there for, other than to advise.. It is only displaying halloween apps atm. And if I want to select one of them, it directs me to the market to download it.

How come?

Joshua

Guest AerospaceMango
Hi Garrygeezer,

I am assuming the lg app advisor on my phone is working... I'm not really sure what its there for, other than to advise.. It is only displaying halloween apps atm. And if I want to select one of them, it directs me to the market to download it.

How come?

Joshua

LG App Advisor is a waste of time!

Halloween was more than a week ago, LG, get it up to date, or at least let me delete it!

Guest garrygeezer
Hi Garrygeezer,

How come?

Joshua

Hi Josh

Mine just comes up with an error that the process needs to close or more recently a message saying download error connection problem detected, please check your internet connection and restart the application. Any ideas

PS is it only my phone or does anyone elses phone touchscreen sound like the double sided tape holding it on is coming unstuck by the soft keys (Menu and Back) when the phone is warm?

Gaz

Edited by garrygeezer

Guest ASY9650
LG App Advisor is a waste of time!

Halloween was more than a week ago, LG, get it up to date, or at least let me delete it!

Use Titanium Back Up, and remove LG App Advisor that way.

Guest mogseyoboyle

after updating to 2.1 CPW, when I had rooted and app2sd'd 1.6, my phone doesn't accept my 8GB partitioned SD card anymore.

Is there some process I can follow to rectify this issue?

Thanks

Mogsey

Edited by mogseyoboyle

Guest TheLostSwede
after updating to 2.1 CPW, when I had rooted and app2sd'd 1.6, my phone doesn't accept my 8GB partitioned SD card anymore.

Is there some process I can follow to rectify this issue?

Thanks

Mogsey

Yes, re-install App2SD

Guest blakamin
thanks.. No keywords or anything??? No real links?? you know stuff.co.nz has LOTS of topics about android and vodafone...

Sorry, I thought that considering it was the 4th story at the top of the 1st page at the time and the 1st in "technology" section would have made it easy.

(Have you ever tried navigating this site on your gt540 when you are fueling you vehicle? 2 sites is a bit much when you have 3 minutes as your tank is filling (it's a diesel semi, don't anyone stress over static) Also the reason there was a double-post.)

here is the latest

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/industries...-network-glitch

Edited by blakamin

Sorry, I thought that considering it was the 4th story at the top of the 1st page at the time and the 1st in "technology" section would have made it easy.

(Have you ever tried navigating this site on your gt540 when you are fueling you vehicle? 2 sites is a bit much when you have 3 minutes as your tank is filling (it's a diesel semi, don't anyone stress over static) Also the reason there was a double-post.)

here is the latest

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/industries...-network-glitch

ahh I see now!, Thanks for clearing that up lol

Guest ChriisM

Im on an Irish Network called Meteor

I Downloaded the LG software updater and installed all the usb drivers and then when i connect my phone it says theres no update?

Ive tried on 3 different computers one with W7 and 2 with XP OS.

any ideas?

Guest garrygeezer
Im on an Irish Network called Meteor

I Downloaded the LG software updater and installed all the usb drivers and then when i connect my phone it says theres no update?

Ive tried on 3 different computers one with W7 and 2 with XP OS.

any ideas?

Hi Chriis M this is probably because your network has not approved the 2.1 update yet. Only option is to flash manually. Follow the tutorial on this forum I flashed with CPW 2.1 all ok so far.

Gaz