LG Gt540 rom updates from LG

Guest hecatae

Guest jaypea1
Im on an Irish Network called Meteor

I Downloaded the LG software updater and installed all the usb drivers and then when i connect my phone it says theres no update?

Ive tried on 3 different computers one with W7 and 2 with XP OS.

any ideas?

I am on meteor too. I used KDZ_UPG method with Europe Open ROM and now I have 2.1.

Guest Peter Lairo

I just got a response from customer care in germany (on 15.11.2010):

"Ein Android-Update auf die Version 2.1 wird in Deutschland in wenigen Tagen online zur Verfuegung stehen."

So, it's in a "few days"! I'll wait...

Guest dudeman1996_11
you need to root your device to delete apps inside the rom. Titanium Backup or root explorer can do this for you

I wouldn't recommend this, I tried it, rooted the phone and used Titanium Backup to remove App Advisor, Facebook For LG (i use the official Facebook app), Foursquare, Java Downloads, Layar, Quickoffice, Twitter for LG and Wapedia. It screwed up my phone, wouldn't download apps from the market and couldn't make phone calls, had to reflash with the KDZ updater, luckily didn't loose my texts , contacts etc.

Guest ASY9650
I wouldn't recommend this, I tried it, rooted the phone and used Titanium Backup to remove App Advisor, Facebook For LG (i use the official Facebook app), Foursquare, Java Downloads, Layar, Quickoffice, Twitter for LG and Wapedia. It screwed up my phone, wouldn't download apps from the market and couldn't make phone calls, had to reflash with the KDZ updater, luckily didn't loose my texts , contacts etc.

Never experienced that myself...ever.

Guest ilovelg

Its propably becouse he deleted Java Downloads or Quickoffice or even becouse of Twitter/Facebook app couse it use SNS.

Guest Carbonize

I would of said deleting Java Downloads was what caused his problems and is why you shouldn't go around just deleting every app you see without finding out what it is first.

Can anyone tell which GT540 english update to 2.1 is the best for the phone.

there are many updates region wise and also version wise like UK, Balkan,...... and also v20A, B, C.....

can anyone tell the differences and also suggest which is the best update

Guest abmoggy

Help,

I'm new to this forum. So, hello everyone =). I kind of need some help upgrading my LG GT540. I tired to do the upgrade using the KDZ... with V20A_00.kdz but I get ERROR!

WParam: 100 LParam:502

This is from the log file:

06:33:38 : Param : Path = C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\LGMOBILEAX\Phone\DZ_GT540AT-00-V20a-268-XX-OCT-28-2010+0.dz

06:33:38 : Param : moduleDir =

06:33:38 : Param : waitTime = 0

06:33:38 : Param : UsbHighSpeed = 1

06:33:38 : Param : PhoneMode = 1

06:33:38 : Param : BinVersion = V20A_00

06:33:38 : Param : AuthMark = 0

06:33:38 : Call fn_StartUpgrade

06:36:15 : CDMA: wParam = 100, lParam = 502

06:36:15 : Step : Upgrade Error2 - Error Code : 502

06:36:15 : ResetStartInfo() Call

06:36:15 : _DetachDLL Call

06:36:15 : _DetachDLL Call End

06:36:15 : FreeLibrary Call

06:36:15 : FreeLibrary Call End

06:36:15 : ResetStartInfo() Call End

06:36:16 : ===FINISHED===

06:41:50 : OnModelDllMsg(OnMsgFromModelDll-CDMA) delete m_pLGCyonUpdate

I have tried it using different version of the rom, but still same error code.

I have disabled the Mass storage only (unchecked), set the USB debugging to on.

My phone info:

Firmware 1.6

Kernel 2.6.29

Software ver GT540-v10b-JUN-11-2010

Thanks in advance.

abmoggy

Guest sughero
Help,

I'm new to this forum. So, hello everyone =). I kind of need some help upgrading my LG GT540. I tired to do the upgrade using the KDZ... with V20A_00.kdz but I get ERROR!

WParam: 100 LParam:502

This is from the log file:

06:33:38 : Param : Path = C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\LGMOBILEAX\Phone\DZ_GT540AT-00-V20a-268-XX-OCT-28-2010+0.dz

06:33:38 : Param : moduleDir =

06:33:38 : Param : waitTime = 0

06:33:38 : Param : UsbHighSpeed = 1

06:33:38 : Param : PhoneMode = 1

06:33:38 : Param : BinVersion = V20A_00

06:33:38 : Param : AuthMark = 0

06:33:38 : Call fn_StartUpgrade

06:36:15 : CDMA: wParam = 100, lParam = 502

06:36:15 : Step : Upgrade Error2 - Error Code : 502

06:36:15 : ResetStartInfo() Call

06:36:15 : _DetachDLL Call

06:36:15 : _DetachDLL Call End

06:36:15 : FreeLibrary Call

06:36:15 : FreeLibrary Call End

06:36:15 : ResetStartInfo() Call End

06:36:16 : ===FINISHED===

06:41:50 : OnModelDllMsg(OnMsgFromModelDll-CDMA) delete m_pLGCyonUpdate

I have tried it using different version of the rom, but still same error code.

I have disabled the Mass storage only (unchecked), set the USB debugging to on.

My phone info:

Firmware 1.6

Kernel 2.6.29

Software ver GT540-v10b-JUN-11-2010

Thanks in advance.

abmoggy

I used to have that problem too. Try to flash your phone without the sdcard and without the sim.

Guest sughero

I never had an issue, never.

I even deleted the LG IME as I wanted the keyboard with the microphone that came with the french rom!

I need to say that I never deleted Java. I had troubles with the market but they were related with my google talk account; so when you restore with Titanium be careful not to restore your data if configuration changed