LG Gt540 rom updates from LG

Guest hecatae

Guest IvanavI
I cant find rom file for Slovak language - can somebody help?

I'm using this Europe Open V20B ROM and it has Slovak under 'Locale'.

EDIT: It also has both Slovenčina ans Slovenščina (I'm guessing one of those languages is Slovak) as message writing languages and XT9 option for both. ;)

AssisstiveTech << Thanks! :)

Edited by IvanavI

Guest ilovelg
there are already news about Android 2.2? of LG? of lg. Europe Open in preference.

;)

As already mentioned here like thausand times or even more, Im glad to mention this again. GT540 Wont receive 2.2 Official Firmware Update from LG due to Phone's Hardware specs, this was officialy Announced by LG via e-mails to users of this forum, who has cantacted Support Service.

Russians (Quarx and Ankuch) from 4pda.ru are working on 2.2 Costum ROM (based on CyanogenMod) which is already usable, and alot of people here are using it at the moment.

Thanks for your understanding, may this Message be a Notice for further generations which may come here in the future.

Edited by ilovelg

According to the Lgblog vers2.2 is being worked on for the gt540, whether this is because of the problems they are having with the official 2.1 upgrade or not who knows

Guest ilovelg
According to the Lgblog vers2.2 is being worked on for the gt540, whether this is because of the problems they are having with the official 2.1 upgrade or not who knows

Link to the Source please.

Guest fishears
Link to the Source please.

Yeah, post your source.

I checked the LG blog and there is nothing there that I can see. Plus, they aren't having any problems with the 2.1 upgrade any more - they fixed it...

Guest DingIsBack
Pleeeeeaseeeeeeeee help me !

I have an LG OPTIMUS , o2 network , uk , bought from carphone warehouse.

I would like to update my 1.6 to a 2.1 but i have no idea how to and i dont really understand what people are talking about here ;)

Could anyone give me a step by step guide how to update my phone to a 2.1? :) Thanks if anyone does choose to help me :D

ffs...SEARCH!!

TRY OPENING YOUR EYES!!!

....go the main GT540 thread... look at GT540 Reference thread by ilovelg... its the FIRST PINNED TOPIC... !!!! ;)

Hi again guys,

I updated from 1.6 to 2.1 Europe Open like one month ago, but recently I have come to notice that my contacts are not synchronizing with gmail anymore! I have double checked that the respective "ticks" are ticked... the arrows turn like it's synchronizing, but the contacts I have in my phone don't show up in Gmail... anyone knows what might be happening? Anyone else has this problem?

Thanks!

EDIT: Ok just a bit of further googling and I found out what the problem is... In 2.1 when I create a contact the default is PC Sync and not Google Sync... I will always want them to be google sync, is there a way to make this the default option? How can a change a contact from PC Sync to Google Sync? Do I have to delete it and make a new one? Not very practical...

Edited by LarsPT

Guest The_Phoenix

GT540 is not getting 2.2 from LG due to the stupidity of the users.

LG seeming lied to users saying that LG Optimus series can't run 2.3 due hardware restrictions. However, Android lead dev brought the lie to light. And, after user uproar, LG has agreed to upgrade Optimus series to 2.3.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/12/09/lg-comm...ad-angry-horde/

All the Optimus phones in US ship with 2.2 and are getting a 2.3 upgrade but GT540 is still running 2.1.

Hardware spec wise, all these phones have the same 600MHz processor. Coming to RAM, GT540 has slightly less RAM compared to others in the series. However, Optimus T by T-Mobile still being a T-Mobile version of GT540 ships with 2.2.

If you go through the Google's guidelines, you will notice that there's no such hardware restrictions. Android is open and it has no hard pressed hardware requirements which GT540 cannot meet.

If there are more users willing to take on LG for not supporting GT540, hopefully, they will roll an update.

Guest doom_legionare
LG will upgrade all Optimus One smartphones currently using the Froyo OS to the next version of the Android OS, Gingerbread. Details of the upgrade schedule will be announced locally in due course. We sincerely apologize for the confusion and misunderstanding that was caused regarding this issue.

Since when is gt 540 Optimus one? As far as I am informed, LG GT 540 isn't getting any update from this moment on and that means we're stuck on 2.1. As far as LG is concerned.

Edited by doom_legionare

Guest ilovelg
I'll take this to your level:

ffs, READ ALL THE TOPICS!!!

There will be no 2.2 from LG. No. None. Nil. Nothing. Obviously LG is driven by profit - they do NOT get additional profit if the keep updating an old phone. They get more profit from selling a new phone. That's Economy 101 for you.

Anyho, we're "stuck" with the Cyanogenmod-based updates which is fine by me.

I think you should read again which post he quoted. ;)

Edited by ilovelg

response from LGbLOGuk one week ago:

this was in reference to which upgrade TC was after. The Android 2.1 upgrade is available for most, whilst the 2.2 upgrade is still being looked into.

If you are on Vodafone then the upgrade is still pending.

thanks

Guest nektarios_nick

Hello! I would like a help! Download the driver for installation ... in which everything was fine but for GREECE had a problem with this network! I made the mistake of reinstalling the 1.6 to 2.1 as I was and then the lg gt 540 optimus necrosis! is lit and stops on its brand lg!!

I would like a help help;;

Thanks!

Guest ThornInMySide
Hello! I would like a help! Download the driver for installation ... in which everything was fine but for GREECE had a problem with this network! I made the mistake of reinstalling the 1.6 to 2.1 as I was and then the lg gt 540 optimus necrosis! is lit and stops on its brand lg!!

I would like a help help;;

Thanks!

Just post your question in ONE place, not on multiple threads - it's just annoying seeing the same request/question in multiple threads.

I've responded in the other thread.

Guest alucard7
Does anyone know how to update lg gt540 to froyo 2.2 please i need steps thanxx so much :lol:

Dude Lg will never release any official froyo for our phone . It's against the rules of marketing . Though there is a costumed rom developed from a Russian team that is quite like froyo but with some working (i hope) stuff that makes the phone a litle bit unstable . Check the forum for whatever you need . It's everything out there .

For a full guide getting this rom flashed check here

I think you should read again which post he quoted. :lol:

Hum, yes... Could've sworn there was a 2.2 in there somewhere. Must've been tired. Sorry 'bout that.

• 4 weeks later...

hi have i screwed up? installed o2uk 2.1 V20A when i try put Baltic V20D it goes thru process then phone does nothing but force close everything what can i do to get 20d baltic?

Guest fishears
...Hardware spec wise, all these phones have the same 600MHz processor. Coming to RAM, GT540 has slightly less RAM compared to others in the series. However, Optimus T by T-Mobile still being a T-Mobile version of GT540 ships with 2.2...

You are wrong on that point:

Optimus T == Optimus One

Optimus One != Optimus GT540

Whilst everyone knows GT540 can run 2.3 (many already are with CM7) this does not mean that LG will invest development time in providing it. They will not.

Does anyone use GT540 with Thee UK network? I have problems with calls and SMS not passing through after upgrade from 1.6 to 2.1. So far I tried Russian 2.1D and Carphone Warehouse UK 2.1C, same bug. If you use 2.1 on Three, which ROM do you use?

This is the last LG Phone i sand a mail when 2.2 official android

This is the anser:

"Thank you for your e-mail.

Unfortunately there are no current plans to update the GT540 Optimus handset to Android 2.2.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this matter may be causing.

Best regards,

LG Electronics UK Helpdesk"