r6 Riskfree Root + A2SD+ = No WiFi

Guest ascot17

Guest ascot17

I have successfully rooted by phone using the r6 riskfree method. I installed A2SD+ and everything seemed to be working fine.

I tried to turn on WiFi this morning (for the first time since rooting) but the Wifi will not toggle on. I get no error message of any kind.

My phone (before rooting) was originally a UK T-Mobile branded model. I have the following software information:

Firmware version: 2.1-update 1

Baseband version: 32.30.00.28U_4.05.00.11

Kernel Version: 2.6.29-97da29ed htc-kernel@and18-2#1

Build Number: 1.15.405.4 CL155070 release-keys

Software Number: 1.15.405.4

Browser Version: WebKit 3.1

I have searched all over these forums and can find no similar problem (except for Orange users with an OTA update).

Does anyone have any ideas what the solution might be? I am thinking of flashing the MCR 3.1 ROM. Would this solve the problem?

Many thanks!

Guest Shawe
I have successfully rooted by phone using the r6 riskfree method. I installed A2SD+ and everything seemed to be working fine.

I tried to turn on WiFi this morning (for the first time since rooting) but the Wifi will not toggle on. I get no error message of any kind.

My phone (before rooting) was originally a UK T-Mobile branded model. I have the following software information:

Firmware version: 2.1-update 1

Baseband version: 32.30.00.28U_4.05.00.11

Kernel Version: 2.6.29-97da29ed htc-kernel@and18-2#1

Build Number: 1.15.405.4 CL155070 release-keys

Software Number: 1.15.405.4

Browser Version: WebKit 3.1

I have searched all over these forums and can find no similar problem (except for Orange users with an OTA update).

Does anyone have any ideas what the solution might be? I am thinking of flashing the MCR 3.1 ROM. Would this solve the problem?

Many thanks!

I do a ROM based on original 1.21.405.2, based on the previous link that give you the other user, I put it on ROM Manager an you can install easy and with some addons (bootanimations, kernels, ...)

Guest ascot17
I do a ROM based on original 1.21.405.2, based on the previous link that give you the other user, I put it on ROM Manager an you can install easy and with some addons (bootanimations, kernels, ...)

Thanks for the replies. I tool the plunge last night and installed the MCR 3.1 which has solved my WiFi problem.

Reference the ROMs mentioned above, are there details somewhere of what the individual ROMs provide? Do I need a premium account with ROM manager to access ROMs there?