Orb

Guest fracmo2000

Guest fracmo2000

Im moved from an hd2 which ended up superb for movies and games (core player & morphgear/fpsece)

I downloaded the orb app from the marketplace, but found when clicking on movies it uses the default dell video player (which is terrible). So when using the web interface and click on a file it plays with say yxplayer...but have to set it to 3gp cause it doesnt support any other files (3gp is pretty bad anyways)

Basicially, is there something im missing? Whats the coreplayer for android (or anything that plays Windows Media Format (.asx))

Cheers

Guest Dogmann55

Hi franco2000,

From all accounts yxplayer isn't great how ever there is a player around called Rock Player that is now in Beta 1 as a Demo Player that plays DivX Avi's and most formats as well as CorePlayer does on WM i can't remember where i got the link to download it from it think it may of been on XDA Forum if i find it again I'll post where it is at although i think it may of been pulled now at the Developers request.

Marc

Edited by Dogmann55

Guest fracmo2000
Rock player seems nice how do I set it as the default media player?

Thanks for the answers folks (and thanks for the install file marra2)!

On Windows Mobile, you could change the program assosiated with an extension (using resco file explorer)...is this possible with Android? Cause maybe this rock player would play asx files...but I dont know how to test it!

Guest giryan

Settings ->Applications-> Manage Applications-> <what ever the default media app is called> ->press the "Clear defaults" button under the Launch by default section.

(or something like that )

Guest fracmo2000

Nice one giryan, I will give that a try! thanks man!

When you clear the defaults and then the stream file (.asx) from orb comes via the browser will it ask me which app to open it with?

Guest courtlandre

When you clear the defaults and then the stream file (.asx) from orb comes via the browser will it ask me which app to open it with?

Best way to find out is to try!

Guest fracmo2000

Its my friends streak ;) He works nights, so was just wondering if anybody knew (or could check)...if it does work then it will make orb great on the the device.

If not, I will post back over the weekend!

Guest courtlandre

I've got no .asx files to test with! Sorry!

Although, I dont think rock player pops up as one of the choices. I'm sure that will change in a future update. Anyone else getting rockplayer popping up as an option to open media files?

Edited by courtlandre

Guest giryan

Yes, well if you do it for something like text messages or webpages that's what happens, so it ought to.

I've not done it with the media stuff.