Galaxy S rooted kernel

Guest PaulOBrien

Wow that was fast!

Keep us updated if you try it Paul!

If this is legit, do you plan on supporting the GS with MCR?

Quite probably...

P

Guest 7500usr
Thanks Paul ;)

just tested and couldnt get it to load...just hung at zimage..but never went past...Paul please post if you see something different.

Guest iNicc0lo

i try in different way, but now no boot (the phone start but afther 5 second reset)

any suggestion paul?

i have jf5 BUT now i have to downgrade to the JF2 ;) :(

Guest Ash_786
i try in different way, but now no boot (the phone start but afther 5 second reset)

any suggestion paul?

i have jf5 BUT now i have to downgrade to the JF2 ;) :(

What country / provider are you on to get JF5 ? I'm on JF3 UK/O2

Guest Igniztion

I helped a mate of mine root the phone last night. Works like a charm, albeit a bit messy.

Leshak says he's working on a more automated process.

Now where is my device!? Est. delivery 30th og June sigh...

Guest zenkinz
I helped a mate of mine root the phone last night. Works like a charm, albeit a bit messy.

Leshak says he's working on a more automated process.

Now where is my device!? Est. delivery 30th og June sigh...

can you comment abit more why the flash is messy?

I thought it's just adding the su and then flash the kernel, what went wrong in between?

Guest Igniztion

It's better now, after LeshaK fixed the kernel. I had to enter the push commands and copy su on a kernel that had a bootloop, so it was a bit messy getting the commands right before the device rebooted.

The procedure as it stands is still not that easy, especially for the non-tech-savvy folks out there, but I guess someone will make it an easier process given time.

Guest zenkinz
It's better now, after LeshaK fixed the kernel. I had to enter the push commands and copy su on a kernel that had a bootloop, so it was a bit messy getting the commands right before the device rebooted.

The procedure as it stands is still not that easy, especially for the non-tech-savvy folks out there, but I guess someone will make it an easier process given time.

thanks. I tried it, and even with the latest kernel, it still requires abit of steps.

but eventually the effort is well worth it, managed to run market enabler and now could access paid aps.