[ROM]AMDZero ZeroSense (DC23) v2.0 (23569)

Guest haveitnow
THIS ROM DOESN'T WORK ON MY PHONE AT ALL I CANT EVEN DIAL OR NOTHING HOW DO I GO BACK TO ORIGINAL SAMSUNG ROM

Did you update to the DC23 ROM before flashing this one? Are you sure you have the Verizon i920?

This ROM is great the only bug as stated above is the button mapping names. Although I did get rid of batclock as it appeared to be using a steady bit of cpu.

Guest ShamroQ
Did you update to the DC23 ROM before flashing this one? Are you sure you have the Verizon i920?

This ROM is great the only bug as stated above is the button mapping names. Although I did get rid of batclock as it appeared to be using a steady bit of cpu.

yes I updated my rom first fine and it was DC23 before i flashed this rom. I've been trying desperately to get my rom back and now i have a dead phone. all I see on my phone is a a big white cell phone icon two dots then a blue triangle with a ! in the middle two dots then a computer icon so what do I do now?

Guest Bryan W.
yes I updated my rom first fine and it was DC23 before i flashed this rom. I've been trying desperately to get my rom back and now i have a dead phone. all I see on my phone is a a big white cell phone icon two dots then a blue triangle with a ! in the middle two dots then a computer icon so what do I do now?

There is a thread in this forum that has the stock available for download.

However, are you sure you can flash anything at all to the phone? Are you using Octans? You could try another ROM, as there are many and they all work fine. AMDzero stock is closest relative to Samsung Stock.

I'm more worried why it messed up so next time you flash it goes right.

Edited by Bryan W.

Guest kdkinc
There is a thread in this forum that has the stock available for download.

However, are you sure you can flash anything at all to the phone? Are you using Octans? You could try another ROM, as there are many and they all work fine. AMDzero stock is closest relative to Samsung Stock.

I'm more worried why it messed up so next time you flash it goes right.

Try re- downloading the Rom again maybe you got a bad download.If you have screen you don't have a brick :(

Or try another rom.

:( :P

Guest hchockeh

This is your first flash that isnt working correctly for me AMD... It just seems to be getting stuck on "starting windows"

This last 1.5 flash worked amazing! What am I doing wrong?

Edit: Nevermind reflashed it again let it sit at the screen for like ten minutes then started tapping the top right corner! Seems to be working now!

Your roms are by far the best! AMAZING! :(

Edited by hchockeh

Guest xlightwaverx

Seems like every time i use this ROM, i keep getting more memory. I know that sounds weird, but i had a 2 hour drive today, and had 50+ megs of ram all day (unless i didn't close apps out or they got stuck), and on the ride home I ran sktools reg cleaner, and now i am noticing a steady 61-63 megs... hmm. Tomorrow I am going for 70. ahah

Oh, and that caller ID thing is a MUST. Anyway to fix that?

X

Edited by xlightwaverx

Guest amdzero
Yes, but I could not list which ones.

EDIT:

Question: Maybe silly but, is it possible to use other Titanium skins, like gchis? Sometimes I feel the urge to do something change back and forth for a day or something. Right now I'd have to flash to the Basic ROM to use another skin.

Not asking you hit the drawing board! Just thought you might know how to do it, since I tried earlier today and it would not work. Default item in Items screen for titanium was not listed to enable gchis.

This rom does not have titanium installed. It has been removed to save space.

Guest amdzero
Seems like every time i use this ROM, i keep getting more memory. I know that sounds weird, but i had a 2 hour drive today, and had 50+ megs of ram all day (unless i didn't close apps out or they got stuck), and on the ride home I ran sktools reg cleaner, and now i am noticing a steady 61-63 megs... hmm. Tomorrow I am going for 70. ahah

Oh, and that caller ID thing is a MUST. Anyway to fix that?

X

caller ID thing? can you be more specific? I posted the original white(ish) phone canvas.

Guest tntopspin
Try a hard reset - all those options work fine for me.

The only reproduceable bugs I've seen are the incorrectly labeled button settings (Button1HOLD, Button1HOLD, OK/Close...) which is no big deal, since I can still set the buttons to launch whatever I want, and the caller ID not showing info (also not a real concern). For those who dislike the CallerID, switch the skin off and use the MS dialer - it's not as nice (IMO), but it pops up all caller info, and saves you about 10mb of RAM.

Also, thanks for the poster above who showed me the weather toggle, which turns off.on the full screen weather animation. Wish I'd known about it before.

Thanks. Hard Reset seems to have worked. Oddly, also, I like the MS Dialer..... the Samsung one is wretched, so thanks there as well.

Fantastic work, AMDZ! Well done, indeed. And thanks to the helpful, knowledgeable community here.

Guest norm883

I have flashed and all is going well.

A little confused! But I am sure I will learn.

How to change wallpaper on the home screen (zerosense)?

New task manager I have no idea except the reset is very nice.

The windows start flag would be great in color, the pop up Home keys are great.

Don't like all that clutter.

Why can't we map the L side key?

Thank you for all your work, and very helpful with questions and follow-up on issues.

Norm883

Guest ShamroQ

I can't find this rom on here at all... why is it all this post has is the the rom previous to this one ie 2.0, 1.5 etc... how do I find AMD's 2.5 and not the original 2.5 sense. And is swype supposed to be removed with this rom?

Guest ShamroQ

I can't find this rom on here at all... why is it all this post has is the the rom previous to this one ie 2.0, 1.5 etc... how do I find AMD's 2.5 and not the original 2.5 sense. And is swype supposed to be removed with this rom?

Guest ShamroQ

But It doesn't look the same. Theres no menu like in the photos he is displaying with all the icons in it either. The middle button doesn't even do anything to show that menu even if it did have it. Or is the button not assigned on this rom? well if not how do I get to the menu screen like with the samsung rom?

Guest amdzero
But It doesn't look the same. Theres no menu like in the photos he is displaying with all the icons in it either. The middle button doesn't even do anything to show that menu even if it did have it. Or is the button not assigned on this rom? well if not how do I get to the menu screen like with the samsung rom?

Okay for starters, you're new. I get it, but please don't shout (even if I can't really hear you). We are trying to help you but you need to articulate a little better.

The pictures in the first post are from my ZeroSense v1.0

I have not updated the pictures, as there really hasn't been much change cosmetically. Yes I have changed the buttons on the bottom, cleaned them up a bit. I got bored of the brushed titanium feel on the buttons. To me it looked kinda cheese after looking at it for over a week. I changed the color of the buttons, so there is not red "x" and green "check". I muted them to a more uniform look. The Samsung dialer (as previously posted) got on my nerves so I got rid of it. The brushed titanium still exists in the background however.

HTC can get kind of confusing with all their version numbers....

I'm (me, Ninja and Steel) are using HTC Sense2.5.2015 (mostly). So when it lists 2.5, we are using that major version. There is a 2.6 major version of HTC Sense out, but I have not ported it (nor plan on it, as this one took us for ever to get near perfect).

My rom versions, clearly listed in the first post are 1.0 (original) 1.5 (minor update) and 2.0 (with better memory handling, cleaner interface, and some better tools).

We here at the i920 community like to help others out, but we need some more information/explaination than "The middle button doesn't even do anything to show that menu even if it did have it."

Guest norm883

It is all there. It may not be setup as in the Photos because everyone sets it up different.

His pictures show the full possibilities.

The middle button needs to be mapped I set it to Task Manager.

Do you have a i920? You may have loaded on the wrong device.

Or you may need to hard reset to let it load again. And let it take the time it needs.

Alot of software here.

All the screens appear when you swipe left or right or hit the right (hang up key) moves you back to the home screen.

And yes the sense does take some getting use too, but it is light years ahead of the original crap.

Norm883

Guest ShamroQ

there is only 3 buttons on the face of this phone so when I say middle button it is the only button in the middle of this phone. it doesn't have the start menu function like to samsung rom. how do I get to the start menu on this rom? when I click the middle button all i get is a file task error that says it can not be opened how do I fix that?

Guest ShamroQ

Ok so how do I map the middle key to open the start menu or at least open the screen with all the setting with the icons all collaged up with brushed metal in the background

Guest norm883

ShamroQ,

Did the software load?

If it did then you just touch the little widows symbol down in the lower left

and it takes you to the main menu with many icons and settings I believe this is what you are looking for.

I do not think you want this ROM. What you are looking for is the DC23 original and you can re-flash with octans (only the PDA portion).

I have been reading for weeks and fried one phone. It is a chance you take but read carefully.

This site is tuff because it is mixed with alot of i8000 items.

Middle button is mapped under settings, buttons and you can map it to 2 diffent things. Quick click 1 item, long hold another item.

I have read ever item on these pages http://www.modaco.com/category/425/verizon...rom-discussion/

and googled everything to learn what they were even saying sometimes.

Norm883

Guest LordSith
Ok so how do I map the middle key to open the start menu or at least open the screen with all the setting with the icons all collaged up with brushed metal in the background

Ok, see the icon in the lower left corner? The Windows icon. THAT is the Start Menu (Windows 7 look). Press that and it will open the menu that you are talking about.

To remap the "center" button, go into Settings, Personal, Buttons and map it to whatever you want (You get a drop down box with all available options)

Guest ShamroQ

Ok so there is a way to revert back to oem then. I was beginning to believe that there wasn't a know way as I thought I had bricked by phone until I just put this rom back on and it worked but the make told me that he changed it since his last post so I thought it was the wrong rom. I believe you may have helped me with all that I need for now for if I can't get this rom to satisfy me then I will try and go back to the oem rom. though your explanation is still vague for me as beginner

Guest ShamroQ
Ok, see the icon in the lower left corner? The Windows icon. THAT is the Start Menu (Windows 7 look). Press that and it will open the menu that you are talking about.

To remap the "center" button, go into Settings, Personal, Buttons and map it to whatever you want (You get a drop down box with all available options)

thanks will try that also

Guest ShamroQ
thanks will try that also

by the way I'm in the settings for mapping buttons but don't know which button is the middle button which button is it that I'm mapping in the settings menu?

Guest ShamroQ
by the way I'm in the settings for mapping buttons but don't know which button is the middle button which button is it that I'm mapping in the settings menu?

Ok I just figured out that the rom has set the middle button to do the same thing twice and made it inoperable. So I had to change the assignments for each button to be different in order for the middle button to work... Starting to like this rom now that it's working a little bit better for me as the oem did.