[ROM]AMDZero ZeroSense (DC23) v2.0 (23569)

Guest rpmm70
Anyone else having problems with the notification bubbles for appts. not popping up with Sense?

Which notification bubbles?

Guest tedkord

Hey, AMDZero - just installed your latest sense ROM. I really like it, but Sense is super laggy - I mean worse than TouchWIZ. Am I missing something? Is there a setting I need? (This was with processor set to high)...

SPB Mobileshell 3.5 works like a charm, but honestly Sense looks nicer. Do you have anu advice?

Guest kdkinc
Hey, AMDZero - just installed your latest sense ROM. I really like it, but Sense is super laggy - I mean worse than TouchWIZ. Am I missing something? Is there a setting I need? (This was with processor set to high)...

SPB Mobileshell 3.5 works like a charm, but honestly Sense looks nicer. Do you have anu advice?

I own a copy of SPB MS but don't use it at all because IMHO it interfere to much.

I would suggest that you clean house and DUMP SPB MS and start a new re-flash ,Ya I know Pain in the butt. I really believe that your experiencing resource conflicts SPB is a HOG IMHO.

:lol: :D

Guest WolfpackInCO
Which notification bubbles?

Reminder bubbles. When the phone is booting, I get the notifications, but once Sense starts, they don't show up anymore.

Guest tedkord
I own a copy of SPB MS but don't use it at all because IMHO it interfere to much.

I would suggest that you clean house and DUMP SPB MS and start a new re-flash ,Ya I know Pain in the butt. I really believe that your experiencing resource conflicts SPB is a HOG IMHO.

Really? I'm having just the opposite experience. SPB is buttery smooth, even set in auto performance. Set in high performance, Sense is almost unuseable. The whole phone is bogged down. Even something like lowering the volume takes 30 seconds, as the level indicator moves slowly from 5 to 1. Once I disabled Sense and loaded MS3, the phone is a flash. (And htis was before I loaded any other apps - it's not a conflict with anything I put on it)

Otherwise, I lve the ROM. Everything so far works as it should, not even any minor issues like I used to have with ROMs for the i910.

I'm sure it's something I've done wrong, I just wish I could figure out what. Sense looks really nice!

Edited by tedkord

Guest kdkinc
Really? I'm having just the opposite experience. SPB is buttery smooth, even set in auto performance. Set in high performance, Sense is almost unuseable. The whole phone is bogged down. Even something like lowering the volume takes 30 seconds, as the level indicator moves slowly from 5 to 1. Once I disabled Sense and loaded MS3, the phone is a flash. (And htis was before I loaded any other apps - it's not a conflict with anything I put on it)

Otherwise, I lve the ROM. Everything so far works as it should, not even any minor issues like I used to have with ROMs for the i910.

I'm sure it's something I've done wrong, I just wish I could figure out what. Sense looks really nice!

It's like 3 U/I's fighting for the same space . (sense,windows,and SPB )

try it what you got to loose but a bit of flash and setup time

Guest tedkord
It's like 3 U/I's fighting for the same space . (sense,windows,and SPB )

try it what you got to loose but a bit of flash and setup time

:) :D

OK, re-flashed (well, hard reset). It is a bit smoother, but still laggy. But now, I'm literally eating through my battery in less than 6 hours. Is this set to O/C automatically? Or is it at the stock 800MHz?

BTW, I had my old O1 next to my O2 yesterday to transfer some info - I never realized how dull and brown the O1 display is! Man this AMOLED is crisp!

Guest kdkinc
OK, re-flashed (well, hard reset). It is a bit smoother, but still laggy. But now, I'm literally eating through my battery in less than 6 hours. Is this set to O/C automatically? Or is it at the stock 800MHz?

BTW, I had my old O1 next to my O2 yesterday to transfer some info - I never realized how dull and brown the O1 display is! Man this AMOLED is crisp!

It has been said by others that "yes" Sense is a bit laggy.

I read that turning off some of the nice WX animation helps a bit also shorting the back lighting time period , (though Amoled really does not have true back lighting)

OC has to be started by you on each start-up. so yes it's 800 MHZ at start until you "fix" it.

Comparing the i910 screen to the i920 that's funny ....it's got to be a shocking difference :)

:D :P

Guest amdzero
It has been said by others that "yes" Sense is a bit laggy.

I read that turning off some of the nice WX animation helps a bit also shorting the back lighting time period , (though Amoled really does not have true back lighting)

OC has to be started by you on each start-up. so yes it's 800 MHZ at start until you "fix" it.

Comparing the i910 screen to the i920 that's funny ....it's got to be a shocking difference :)

:D :P

The ZeroSense is set to High by default, so ppl who want to overclock don't have to change another setting. The stock setting is AUTO which does not work with overclocking. I realize that this eats more battery life, but sense needs more CPU power in order for it to run smoother. The main limitation with sense on our O2 is the RAM. The ram is killing our sense experience. Short of rewriting the Manila code there is little that can be done to help. I do know how to program, but I don't have the time to sit down and break open the Manila code. Any Manila experts out there who know some short cuts?

Guest snapz54

I would just like to state for the record, that I am completely happy with what we have right now. I get enough performance to get by and I don't mind the occasional soft reset to kick start things a bit. I know the chefs all have soo much drive that they will push themselves to eventually make things better and better. I am just very happy with the natural progression.

When we got our O2's the HD2 was the top of the line something to look at (for about a week until they announced winphone7 and no update for it) HD2 was a phone to dream about for awhile though. Do you remember the first time you saw a pic of that big crispy screen with sense 2.5? They brought it to us and even if the phone world has moved past since then. It's was so amazing to me the first time I booted up after that initial sense flash.

It's been a great ride so far, thank you chefs! Looking forward to the future.

Guest tedkord
I would just like to state for the record, that I am completely happy with what we have right now. I get enough performance to get by and I don't mind the occasional soft reset to kick start things a bit. I know the chefs all have soo much drive that they will push themselves to eventually make things better and better. I am just very happy with the natural progression.

When we got our O2's the HD2 was the top of the line something to look at (for about a week until they announced winphone7 and no update for it) HD2 was a phone to dream about for awhile though. Do you remember the first time you saw a pic of that big crispy screen with sense 2.5? They brought it to us and even if the phone world has moved past since then. It's was so amazing to me the first time I booted up after that initial sense flash.

It's been a great ride so far, thank you chefs! Looking forward to the future.

I didn't mean to appear unhappy or ungrateful. I am ecstatic! I have the option of going for SPB MS3 if I want. I have found that it takes a while for Sense to speed up after a soft reset. An hour or so after, it's much smoother. Immediately after, it's jumpy and laggy.

Either way, SPB or Sense, the Omnia II is 100% better than stock with TouchWIZ. SPB works more smoothly than Sense (for me), but Sense is just so attractive, and intuitive.

Thanks for the great work.

I asked Steel this, so I''ll ask you. Have you modified the page pool size? I didn't see anything about it on the first page. A bigger page pool might help with performance.

Guest xlightwaverx

So, what do we do about the SPB deal? It's not like you want to run SPB off the stock ROM, cause that stock ROM is full of crap (been using it for a couple days and it does suck), but then again you don't want to run it off a SenseROM (Zero, Non) and disable Sense and turn SPB on. I'm using NonSense right now after switching from Yardi's, and I have Sense off with just text on my screen :), not even fancy Titanium. You could run Yardi's ROM and turn everything off because he seems to have the lightest ROM out from what I gathered. Then run SPB off that. It would be nice to have a true LITE ROM with NOTHING on it whatsoever, just original Samsung Dialer, Clocks, tasks, calendar, or EVERYTHING with the beautiful SAMSUNG screens, minus the touchwiz ui. It would be a pure LITE ROM and keeping the i920 feel, but being pure without someone's graphics they threw in for a theme they made. Ninja's Black Blue is very close to this. It seems like when everyone wants a custom ROM they want the crap taken out and after they remove the crap, they want to throw some other stuff in to make it custom, but I think it would be beneficial for the cooks to just make a true lite rom since it seems that every cook takes out all the junk in the first place, and then they go from there. it's like when building a new rom, they pass this stage, and instead of just flashin', they add a bunch of stuff, etc.

i think i might just be rambling, but a good common denominator for all of is is speed, battery life, and performance.

these factors are all maximized in a cooks process of making a rom.

then couldn't we just install cabs at that point at what we want to use? and if not because the cooks need to tweak them, we could make special cabs, just for the ideal lite rom that comes out. Say there is a rom called DC23-21097-LightWaver-BaseRom[i920].nb0 that is nothing but all the junk out, but everything still into to make the samsung screens function (even the damn swf to keep the favorites workin) and then customize say, sense for it, Sense2015forLW.cab or something like that?

something like Yardi's speed, AMD and Steels ingenuity, Ninjas aesthetics, and kaf*ckin pow.

Then if you want to run SPB, you can run SPB full f'n throttle! and if yo want to run regular titanium, sense or whatever, they would all ride on the universal, "ideal", base rom for that particular phone.

There already is a teamAMD right? Well if you're all a team, work as a team and from there create the ideal BASE ROM based on all the common denominators, and not worry so much about each individuals ROM, when you are all supposedly a team.

sorry if i come off like an ass. but it makes sense to me. And please don't think I am not appreciative of all your hard work, I truely am. But it just seems like we are all going in a direction to pimp out the latest mod we can steal from the newest phone, and anyone that knows how to cook, they can make their own rom, and each cook can spend a couple weeks for so tweaking it right, so at the end we all have different roms with the newest coolest mods to make our phone look like someone elses, and everything is different and not universal, but every "good" cook has their own ROM that they can hope get donations for from all their hard work, when in reality, the whole team helps each other.

So, let there be a system for this.

I may make this its own topic.

X

I didn't mean to appear unhappy or ungrateful. I am ecstatic! I have the option of going for SPB MS3 if I want. I have found that it takes a while for Sense to speed up after a soft reset. An hour or so after, it's much smoother. Immediately after, it's jumpy and laggy.

Either way, SPB or Sense, the Omnia II is 100% better than stock with TouchWIZ. SPB works more smoothly than Sense (for me), but Sense is just so attractive, and intuitive.

Thanks for the great work.

I asked Steel this, so I''ll ask you. Have you modified the page pool size? I didn't see anything about it on the first page. A bigger page pool might help with performance.

Guest amdzero
So, what do we do about the SPB deal? It's not like you want to run SPB off the stock ROM, cause that stock ROM is full of crap (been using it for a couple days and it does suck), but then again you don't want to run it off a SenseROM (Zero, Non) and disable Sense and turn SPB on. I'm using NonSense right now after switching from Yardi's, and I have Sense off with just text on my screen :), not even fancy Titanium. You could run Yardi's ROM and turn everything off because he seems to have the lightest ROM out from what I gathered. Then run SPB off that. It would be nice to have a true LITE ROM with NOTHING on it whatsoever, just original Samsung Dialer, Clocks, tasks, calendar, or EVERYTHING with the beautiful SAMSUNG screens, minus the touchwiz ui. It would be a pure LITE ROM and keeping the i920 feel, but being pure without someone's graphics they threw in for a theme they made. Ninja's Black Blue is very close to this. It seems like when everyone wants a custom ROM they want the crap taken out and after they remove the crap, they want to throw some other stuff in to make it custom, but I think it would be beneficial for the cooks to just make a true lite rom since it seems that every cook takes out all the junk in the first place, and then they go from there. it's like when building a new rom, they pass this stage, and instead of just flashin', they add a bunch of stuff, etc.

i think i might just be rambling, but a good common denominator for all of is is speed, battery life, and performance.

these factors are all maximized in a cooks process of making a rom.

then couldn't we just install cabs at that point at what we want to use? and if not because the cooks need to tweak them, we could make special cabs, just for the ideal lite rom that comes out. Say there is a rom called DC23-21097-LightWaver-BaseRom[i920].nb0 that is nothing but all the junk out, but everything still into to make the samsung screens function (even the damn swf to keep the favorites workin) and then customize say, sense for it, Sense2015forLW.cab or something like that?

something like Yardi's speed, AMD and Steels ingenuity, Ninjas aesthetics, and kaf*ckin pow.

Then if you want to run SPB, you can run SPB full f'n throttle! and if yo want to run regular titanium, sense or whatever, they would all ride on the universal, "ideal", base rom for that particular phone.

There already is a teamAMD right? Well if you're all a team, work as a team and from there create the ideal BASE ROM based on all the common denominators, and not worry so much about each individuals ROM, when you are all supposedly a team.

sorry if i come off like an ass. but it makes sense to me. And please don't think I am not appreciative of all your hard work, I truely am. But it just seems like we are all going in a direction to pimp out the latest mod we can steal from the newest phone, and anyone that knows how to cook, they can make their own rom, and each cook can spend a couple weeks for so tweaking it right, so at the end we all have different roms with the newest coolest mods to make our phone look like someone elses, and everything is different and not universal, but every "good" cook has their own ROM that they can hope get donations for from all their hard work, when in reality, the whole team helps each other.

So, let there be a system for this.

I may make this its own topic.

X

I can appreciate all type of criticism, and yes I realize that not all of it will be constructive. Here is the deal, as far as I am concerned.

Ninja has made a lite rom that works great for 6.5

Yardi has also made a lite rom that works great for 6.5.5

So I was asked to make a lite rom as well. Well guess what, when you spend as much time working on a painting, sculpture, novel, chocolate cookies, etc. you don't just slap some paint on a canvas, smack a hammer on a rock, put some words on a page, throw some flour in a bowl, etc... you make it your own.

You make it with the blood sweat and tears that has cause you to bring it into fruition.

I think you get my point.

What we (chefs) have to work with is a car seemingly built by Homer Simpson. You know the one with the three horns that you can blow anyway you look, and the glass dome over the top? Yeah this feels like what samsung/vzw has done. Taken a really nice looking sports car and gutted it and slapped some stickers on it, some shiney seats with seatbelts that costs $4.95 extra per month.

I mean it would be different if we got a lite rom from the manufacturer. But the fact remains we have a pile of junk taped onto a really nice phone.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Okay enough about that I think you all know how I feel about this subject...

I can create a uberlite rom with 395MB of free space if you want. It won't do anything accept make phone calls (no sms/mms/camera/bt etc). For example for those who don't know, if you want to make the origianl samsung dialer work, you have to find all the files for it, yes there is more than one.

If you want to camera to work, there are still more files for it to work. Just an example, if you want to shutdown your phone, then you have to have the file cameramsgbox.exe on your phone. Who ties in all their message box text/code into a completely different file. Why not have a shutdown.exe file? Who knows. When I tried to make a lite rom, it couldn't do video mms, because touch player was not installed. Yeah touch player is tied into the camera module. WTF?

So it is easier said than done to create PDA with phone capabilities out of the crap that samsung/vzw has given us.

All I can say is if I spend over 40 hours creating a lite rom, your damn sure going to see some customizations. I have considered creating a liteĀ® rom, but time has been taken from me with troubleshooting sense.

Just to clear things up I don't feel slighted in anyway, and I am still working on O2 roms. In fact I'm trying to pull stuff out of the i8000 stock rom now.

Are there any other chefs who would put their two cents in on this subject or am I way off base?

Guest mdkpnj

Memory?

Guys, great ROM. On my i910 I keep playing with Manilla but always moved away becuase I didn't like the having to drag your finger along the bottom icons to go from page to page, it just seems sluggish. I flashed this ROM and I like Sense much more. Better then MS. It is much easlier to navigate with quick swipes to get to programs or contacts. The only issue I've noticed is memory. ON a reset it starts with abiut 50m prigram RAM free. After a couple of days the i920 basically stops working it is so sluggish. Memory seems to continually drop until a point of no return. MS 3.5.5 did the same thing, a memory leak I assume. Sense seems to have the same problem, which means as much I I like it it probably won't last. Has anyone else noticec this problem?

Thanks

Guest amdzero
Memory?

Guys, great ROM. On my i910 I keep playing with Manilla but always moved away becuase I didn't like the having to drag your finger along the bottom icons to go from page to page, it just seems sluggish. I flashed this ROM and I like Sense much more. Better then MS. It is much easlier to navigate with quick swipes to get to programs or contacts. The only issue I've noticed is memory. ON a reset it starts with abiut 50m prigram RAM free. After a couple of days the i920 basically stops working it is so sluggish. Memory seems to continually drop until a point of no return. MS 3.5.5 did the same thing, a memory leak I assume. Sense seems to have the same problem, which means as much I I like it it probably won't last. Has anyone else noticec this problem?

Thanks

I have, its been posted quite a few times, soft reset every so often. Sense isn't made for our roms, so we (chefs) forced it to "work" on our O2. Yes our phone can handle it, but samsung has not given us enough memory to overcome the memory hot that is sense.

Guest amdzero
What sort of stuff? This has me intrigued.

I'm testing a new "more than stock" version now, if all goes well I'll post a rom tomorrow.

Guest kdkinc

AMDZero,

Re: post #140 "I can appreciate all type of criticism, and yes I realize that not all of it will be constructive. Here is the deal, as far as I am concerned. "

Well stated!!

I as a user of all these Rom's forget all that's involved in the i920 Rom's.

How you explained that the Rom's are built like a stack of cards and one move has a consequence. Good or bad.

Thanks for bring it all together.

:) :D

Guest Prometheus5061
In fact I'm trying to pull stuff out of the i8000 stock rom now.

werent u supposed to put something in it rather than pulling???? :D im waiting on that matey... no pressure.... but hurry up :P

cheers mate :)

Guest batch519

Just a quick update for AMD:

I am still using your ZeroSense v1 ROM with Sense disabled and iPhone Today enabled. It has been running solid with very few lockups or reboots. Even when I have Opera open (with several tabs open) and as well as other apps, I always have memory to spare and once things get closed, I can always recover back to 60+ mb. Here is a screenshot of how my final iPhone Today home screen is setup to be most functional for me. I would switch to an older ROM like your lite ROM, but I like the tweaks that you have done to this one and I am not having any issues with Sense being disabled. I am so happy with this setup that I plan on using it for the foreseeable future. Thanks again for all your hard work, knowledge and experience.. you are one badass mofo.

post-711703-1278428330_thumb.jpg

Guest Ninja4Hire
I can appreciate all type of criticism, and yes I realize that not all of it will be constructive. Here is the deal, as far as I am concerned.......

Are there any other chefs who would put their two cents in on this subject or am I way off base?

Sorry I was watching "Last Air Bender" (FYI: not that great a movie!)

Ok so without going on a rant, I agree with AMD. Making a light rom is not as easy as taking everything out. My idea of a light rom that is still functional is my Black/Blue rom. Of course I'm gonna customize it. That is what I do. The number one reason we make roms is because we wanted our phones to be different than stock. As a service to the community we post them on the internet for others to use. The people here are pretty damn awesome with support and ideas, so it's a win win if you ask me.

I would suggest everyone try to make there own custom rom. It does take time, but It's not that hard. Plus you have the help of the entire community. I will give anyone any ready-to-cook program package they need to cook into their rom. All you have to do is press the cook button (it's the shiny red one on the left next to eject).

The first rom I ever made was my Black/Blue rom. I really had no idea what I was doing, but with the help of Shemmy and Wozzer and a few other people, I slowly got a decent rom. Now I'm Awesome!!! (lol kidding I'm not that conceded). Ok I'm done. I kinda took the weekend off, so I got some catching up on some updating...

Guest WMrick

I am running v1.5 and soft reset last night. Now under the comm manager the Data Connection shows disabled and is grayed out. I am unable to turn it on. :) I looked at everything I can think of and can't get it back on. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Guest xlightwaverx

I hear ya, and I completely agree. It would be a trial and error sort of deal obviously, but I am sure that is what you guys are doing anyways.

I figured it would be something like that.

But that would be the uberlite rom though right there, everything taken out of it just keeping enough for EVERYTHING on the phone to WORK. If it breaks part of the samsung features, it has to stay back in.

For example, the favorites on the dialer. well if the rom needs that swf file, then let it have the swf file. whatever makes it so it works. its just things like, well u dont need the swf, u just need to install this cab, click this, unclick this, remove the cab installation, then it works... its that kinda crap that is confusing i am sure.

X

It's too bad these kitchen's dont have some sort of dependency check system.

I can appreciate all type of criticism, and yes I realize that not all of it will be constructive. Here is the deal, as far as I am concerned.

Ninja has made a lite rom that works great for 6.5

Yardi has also made a lite rom that works great for 6.5.5

So I was asked to make a lite rom as well. Well guess what, when you spend as much time working on a painting, sculpture, novel, chocolate cookies, etc. you don't just slap some paint on a canvas, smack a hammer on a rock, put some words on a page, throw some flour in a bowl, etc... you make it your own.

You make it with the blood sweat and tears that has cause you to bring it into fruition.

I think you get my point.

What we (chefs) have to work with is a car seemingly built by Homer Simpson. You know the one with the three horns that you can blow anyway you look, and the glass dome over the top? Yeah this feels like what samsung/vzw has done. Taken a really nice looking sports car and gutted it and slapped some stickers on it, some shiney seats with seatbelts that costs $4.95 extra per month.

I mean it would be different if we got a lite rom from the manufacturer. But the fact remains we have a pile of junk taped onto a really nice phone.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Okay enough about that I think you all know how I feel about this subject...

I can create a uberlite rom with 395MB of free space if you want. It won't do anything accept make phone calls (no sms/mms/camera/bt etc). For example for those who don't know, if you want to make the origianl samsung dialer work, you have to find all the files for it, yes there is more than one.

If you want to camera to work, there are still more files for it to work. Just an example, if you want to shutdown your phone, then you have to have the file cameramsgbox.exe on your phone. Who ties in all their message box text/code into a completely different file. Why not have a shutdown.exe file? Who knows. When I tried to make a lite rom, it couldn't do video mms, because touch player was not installed. Yeah touch player is tied into the camera module. WTF?

So it is easier said than done to create PDA with phone capabilities out of the crap that samsung/vzw has given us.

All I can say is if I spend over 40 hours creating a lite rom, your damn sure going to see some customizations. I have considered creating a liteĀ® rom, but time has been taken from me with troubleshooting sense.

Just to clear things up I don't feel slighted in anyway, and I am still working on O2 roms. In fact I'm trying to pull stuff out of the i8000 stock rom now.