WiFi proxy accees

Guest ahmedm24

Guest gigijoey

Hi,

There is a strange solution...

install "anycut" from market. use it to make a new shortcut to proxysettings. once you run it it will make sense.

then do a google for proxysettings.apk and instal that.

then i put in my proxy details into the anycut shortcut, then into the proxysettings app. then, after waiting about 30sec ( who knows why?) I can access internet through my work proxy on my desire. any apps that need internet do not work, but I just have bookmarks to gmail, twitter etc. It os not perfect, but it seems to work.

If this works, then surely there must be a way. Have heard the Cyanogenmod roms have this function?

Hope it helps.

Guest bondbig
Is there any effective solution to configure proxy on android, or any software that i can use to configure proxy...

there's a trick (didn't work for me) - you need to add new APN in mobile networks settings, where you can configure proxy to use. They say it worked on 1.5/1.6, some say it works on 2.1 either.

Also there are some apps (aProxy, ProxySurf, etc), which intended to make ur phone to use proxy, but they also didnt help me.

Guest jeandefect

If you're rooted try a FroYo rom, I seem to recall seeing the setting for wifi proxy in Richard Trip's rom from XDA. Maybe it's a new feature in 2.2, because it's not included in 2.1

Guest bondbig
If you're rooted try a FroYo rom, I seem to recall seeing the setting for wifi proxy in Richard Trip's rom from XDA. Maybe it's a new feature in 2.2, because it's not included in 2.1

there's no proxy settings for wi-fi in defrost 1.5f, which i use now.

Guest sh500
there's no proxy settings for wi-fi in defrost 1.5f, which i use now.

So a 'user friendly menu option' of proxy settings has not been implemented on the official Froyo release?

Guest bondbig
So a 'user friendly menu option' of proxy settings has not been implemented on the official Froyo release?

nope, unfortunately. And that's quite a problem. If Google want their OS to be used by enterprise customers, they should implement such things like proxy settings, lotus traveler support (for now TouchDown does it well, but with rare little problems with non-latin encodings), remote wipe, centralised profiling/configuring of the devices, etc.

Guest EddyOS

The Desire isn't aimed at businesses, never has been...they have WinMo devices for that...

not saying they shouldn't aim it, though

• 3 weeks later...
Guest harpsden
Hi,

There is a strange solution...

install "anycut" from market. use it to make a new shortcut to proxysettings. once you run it it will make sense.

then do a google for proxysettings.apk and instal that.

then i put in my proxy details into the anycut shortcut, then into the proxysettings app. then, after waiting about 30sec ( who knows why?) I can access internet through my work proxy on my desire. any apps that need internet do not work, but I just have bookmarks to gmail, twitter etc. It os not perfect, but it seems to work.

If this works, then surely there must be a way. Have heard the Cyanogenmod roms have this function?

Hope it helps.

Installed any cut without a problem. But googling for proxysettings.apk does not yield any useful results - only some proxy server apps and (number 2 in the list) this very same discussion page :-(

Can you post a link for the specific app?

Thanks,

HTC Legend 2.1