2.1 release due in July 2010

Guest hecatae

Guest he6rt6gr6m

One can only presume that bringing the Optimus in line with the rest is in the mind of LG now, especially as Carphone Warehouse are pushing the phone like there's no tomorrow.

Guest AerospaceMango
So, LG released two new Android phones today under the Optimus brand, any news on the 2.1 (or even 2.2 looking at the new phones) update?

Hmmmmm.....I think there are a lot of 540 owners waiting for news of the upgrade!

The sooner the better, methinks!!!

Guest snowdroid

Yeah .. could do with an update to 2.2

I read about the new Optimus LGs .. the "Chic" has a better spec than the "One" and both have capacitive screens but they both look kinda cheap in the pics so I just got a 540 today and very pleased with it

Edited by snowdroid

Guest motters.scott

well... just got off of the phone from LG.

The advisor there knew all about the upgrade. He said it's in the UK for testing, It has already been released in Ukraine, Russia, China and Northern Africa. But he assured me that the upgrade to 2.1 will ne available this week.... Good knews i think!!!!

Guest Smille123
well... just got off of the phone from LG.

The advisor there knew all about the upgrade. He said it's in the UK for testing, It has already been released in Ukraine, Russia, China and Northern Africa. But he assured me that the upgrade to 2.1 will ne available this week.... Good knews i think!!!!

As long I can trust the google-translator they have an alpha of V10G, not V11D

http://translate.google.de/translate?hl=de...890%26st%3D1980

Edited by Smille123

Guest kapslock

Hi. Nice to be here :lol: This is what i got from LG UK this morning....

Thank you for contacting LG Electronics

Dear Sir,

LG are currently planning to update the GT540 to software version 2.1 however we as yet have no release date for this.

Many thanks and kind regards

LG Customer services

Mmmm

Guest acolazarov
Hi. Nice to be here :lol: This is what i got from LG UK this morning....

Thank you for contacting LG Electronics

Dear Sir,

LG are currently planning to update the GT540 to software version 2.1 however we as yet have no release date for this.

Many thanks and kind regards

LG Customer services

Mmmm

huh i w8 until july damn

Guest cooperzetec
Hi,

Been Waiting for this for what seems like an eternity!

Hopefully it will be put up today if we're lucky.

Shaun

i just put my phone on to try and load it and it came up (great). it said after installing 2.1 you wont be able to go back blah blah. then when it went through it said MODEL NOT SUPPORTED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was so excited but looks like it aint there yet. :lol:

Guest sefo1979

just tried to update and the tool i am using says i have the most up to date s/w. however looking at the screen shots of the update tool on the link provided above it appears that my tool is different are there different versions??

Guest geordieshaun
just tried to update and the tool i am using says i have the most up to date s/w. however looking at the screen shots of the update tool on the link provided above it appears that my tool is different are there different versions??

Same here, I don't think it's been released yet. Cant see anything on LG's CSMG Notification thingy.

Shaun

Edited by geordieshaun

Guest PaulZero

Hi there, I've been watching this thread eagerly for a little while now. Thought I'd actually join in!

I emailed LG myself, as you do, and got this reply just now. Probably a bit late to the party given the evidence in the last couple of posts, but there you go.

Dear Mr xxxx,

Thank you for your email regarding the Android update for the GT540.

I can confirm that the upgrade is due to be released in the next few days but we, like yourselves, are waiting on the date to be confirmed.

Best regards,

LG Electronics UK Helpdesk

Anyway, rather looking forward to this, HTML 5 support sounds tasty.

Guest sefo1979

just got this from lg cust care

Thank you for your email regarding your GT540.

At the moment we have no definate date of release. Please keep checking with the web site uk.lgmobile.com and use the software support tool. It is close to release and is being tested with flash site.

Best Regards,

I hope this has been of some assistance to you please do not hesitate in contacting us again should you require any further advice.

Best Regards,

LG Electronics UK Helpdesk

----------------------------------

LG Customer Services

UK: 0844 847 5454

Mon-Fri 9am to 8pm Sat 9am-6pm