2.1 release due in July 2010

Guest hecatae

Guest kapslock

Latest from LG UK

21/09/2010

Thank you for contacting LG Electronics

Dear Customer

Thanks for your email. Unfortunately, we are still awaiting the announce of the Android software version update release for the GT540 ourselves.

Please be assured that once this date has been announced, we will be sure to advertise this.

Hope this is of soem help to you.

Best regards,

LG Electronics UK Helpdesk

----------------------------------

LG Customer Services

UK: 0844 847 5454 Ireland: 0818 27 6954

Mon-Fri 9am to 8pm Sat 9am-6pm

Nope, it is not "soem" help to me. At all :lol:

Guest PaulZero
Latest from LG UK

21/09/2010

Dear Customer

Thanks for your email. Unfortunately, we are still awaiting the announce of the Android software version update release for the GT540 ourselves.

Please be assured that once this date has been announced, we will be sure to advertise this.

Best regards,

LG Customer Services

UK: 0844 847 5454 Ireland: 0818 27 6954

Mon-Fri 9am to 8pm Sat 9am-6pm

Nope, it is not "soem" help to me. At all :)

I hope once they get that "announce" they let us know.

*nervous grammar related twitch*

:lol:

Guest RottenFoxBreath
Latest from LG UK

21/09/2010

Dear Customer

Best regards,

Talk about the elbow not knowing what the arse is up to... :lol:

Guest PaulZero
I get '(Software release soon)' when I click the above link, which is an obvious change, and a step in the right direction, if you ask me! :lol:

It's been that way since the file appeared on the 17th.

I get '(Software release soon)' when I click the above link, which is an obvious change, and a step in the right direction, if you ask me! :lol:

its been there since day one. And im 100% sure.

Edited by ilovelg

News from LG France.

I sent this email

Chers LG fabricant,

Je voudrais savoir si vous planifiez une mise à jour pour le LG GT540 "Optimus" à Android 2.2. Je suis vraiment intéressé par ce smartphone, mais Android 1.6 ne fournit pas tout ce qui pourrait le faire.

Cordialement,

Alejandro

In short: Are you planning to provide Android 2.2 for the GT540?

And I receive this replay (in less than 12 hours!)

Bonjour Monsieur XXX,

Nous accusons réception de votre mail.

Suite à votre message concernant les difficultés que vous nous avez signalées, nous vous apportons les éléments de réponse suivants.

En effet les futures versions androïd seront reservées pour les prochains mobiles LG ( tel que le GT540 ).

Nous n'avons pas encore la date de sortie officielle de cette upgrade, on peut esperer la voir arriver en fin d'année.

Nous vous invitons à contacter notre service technique par téléphone au 3220, dites "LG" puis tapez "1", afin si vous souhaitez plus ample informations

Nous sommes ouverts du lundi au vendredi, de 08H00 à 20H00.

Si vous souhaitez nous recontacter à ce sujet, cliquez sur le lien en bas de ce message « Click here if you have more question » pour conserver l'historique de notre correspondance.

Nous vous prions d'agréer, Monsieur, l'expression de nos salutations distinguées.

Assistance Technique LG

3220 dites "LG" du lundi au vendredi de 08H à 20H

In short: Yes, but we do not have yet the release date, we can hope to this to happen by the end of the year.

Cheers.

PS: I'm not native English nor French, so I apologize for the bad translations.

Edited by JanusDC

Guest AerospaceMango
today, nothing news. Maybe Android 2.1 will be release the end of the year. Suck LG

Surely, you knew that the phone was 1.6 when you bought it?

I did!

Therefore, why "Suck LG"?

If you wanted Android 2.1 or 2.2, then you should've bought a more expensive phone.

I'm very happy with the GT540, and to have 2.1 would be the icing on the cake, but it certainly isn't the be=all and end-all of my existence.

Have some patience, but if you cannot manage that, then please stay off the boards, and keep your negative comments to yourself.

Guest PaulZero
Surely, you knew that the phone was 1.6 when you bought it?

I did!

Therefore, why "Suck LG"?

If you wanted Android 2.1 or 2.2, then you should've bought a more expensive phone.

I'm very happy with the GT540, and to have 2.1 would be the icing on the cake, but it certainly isn't the be=all and end-all of my existence.

Have some patience, but if you cannot manage that, then please stay off the boards, and keep your negative comments to yourself.

Agreed! Although I personally didn't know it was 1.6, however I expected low end as I knowingly bought a low end phone.

If people want 2.2 to go with their big capacitive touchscreens and 1GHz CPUs, they shouldn't look to a phone so close to the £100 mark.

11 hours already passed for thursday and still no 2.1....waiting....

11 hours since midnight or since 8AM, which is the earliest a business day would probably start? The way I see it, as a UK customer, we're only 1 or 2 hours into Thursday. There's time yet, besides what does it matter? There are other things in life, like delicious swiss chocolate!

Guest AerospaceMango
Agreed! Although I personally didn't know it was 1.6, however I expected low end as I knowingly bought a low end phone.

If people want 2.2 to go with their big capacitive touchscreens and 1GHz CPUs, they shouldn't look to a phone so close to the £100 mark.

11 hours since midnight or since 8AM, which is the earliest a business day would probably start? The way I see it, as a UK customer, we're only 1 or 2 hours into Thursday. There's time yet, besides what does it matter? There are other things in life, like delicious swiss chocolate!

Thanks PaulZero.....I knew there'd be someone else out there who saw sense!

I'm amazed that people are getting soooo anxious! As you say, it's a £100 phone....

My boss has just bought himself a Wildfire with 2.1....and having looked at it....I wouldn't swap mine for his....540 has much better styling!

PEOPLE! Be happy with what you have, and accept the upgrade when it DOES happen!

Guest snowdroid

2.1 is just around the corner for us .. I'm not losing any sleep over the wait, although that swiss chocolate would be even better if it was accidentally spilled all over Rosie Jones ... hehe

Guest PaulZero
Thanks PaulZero.....I knew there'd be someone else out there who saw sense!

I'm amazed that people are getting soooo anxious! As you say, it's a £100 phone....

My boss has just bought himself a Wildfire with 2.1....and having looked at it....I wouldn't swap mine for his....540 has much better styling!

PEOPLE! Be happy with what you have, and accept the upgrade when it DOES happen!

I am loving the 540, it is cheap and cheerful, it does the job and I think a lot of the people who are ridiculing it have yet to actually use one.

Every review I read for it people overlooked the important factor, which is the price. They see a specification with "resistive touchscreen" and "Android 1.6" and immediately hit the comment button and enter the same old "outdated junk" / "giving Android a bad name" response. Sorry folks, if you want more widespread support / software development for your £400 pocket size PC then Android can't just be a toy for the rich. A lot of my mates wouldn't buy a phone costing over about £150, and to be honest unless you have some valid need for such an advanced device I don't see why anyone should.

Also I have large fingers and like to use a stylus... Can't do it with my Samsung MP3 player, or my mate's iPhone... Why? Because the touchscreen is "better".

I do believe I've gone somewhat off topic, so rant over. :lol: