Flashing advice required

Guest Col.W

Guest Col.W

I recently flashed my Omnia 2 with the JE5 Rom using Octans and I have my phone working with all my installed apps now. One thing I did was I chose the wrong CSC from the MultiCSC file. So my question is, is it possible to flash the CSC only without wiping all my data on the phone or would I need to backup all my data and start again installing all my apps on the phone?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Guest MenosOcho
I recently flashed my Omnia 2 with the JE5 Rom using Octans and I have my phone working with all my installed apps now. One thing I did was I chose the wrong CSC from the MultiCSC file. So my question is, is it possible to flash the CSC only without wiping all my data on the phone or would I need to backup all my data and start again installing all my apps on the phone?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Change CSC will force the phone to reinstall OS with the new CSC, so you'll lose all info.

If you have info on My Storage, you can select "preserve device's contents" to avoid lose that part of info.

last comment, you can flash CSC lonely, but there is good chance of octans doesn't detect when the process end. you still can disconnect the mobile, because it boot normally, but i recommend flash CSC and PDA together.

Guest Col.W

Ok, thanks for that, I will wait till a new firmware comes out then. It's not really a problem, just I chose the wrong csc at the time and ended up with Orange branding and network connections. I setup my connections manually and all working as I need it.