roscoe141

GPS track in Satnav

4 posts in this topic

Scenario

I like to run and record the route on my HTC Desire using Sportypal. My mates would like to run the same route using my recorded route if that's at all possible. I'm happy to use any type of software to record my route to allow this to happen

Question

I want to give them my GPX file (or another GPS recorded format) to let them to upload it to their device which will allow them to follow my exact route in a Satnav style?

Is there any kind of software capable of this?

Edited by roscoe141

Scenario

I like to run and record the route on my HTC Desire using Sportypal. My mates would like to run the same route using my recorded route if that's at all possible. I'm happy to use any type of software to record my route to allow this to happen

Question

I want to give them my GPX file (or another GPS recorded format) to let them to upload it to their device which will allow them to follow my exact route in a Satnav style?

Is there any kind of software capable of this?

There is no free software capable for this so far. The Sportypal version will have this option but i don;t know the price yet.

I haven't found anything like this so far. I have been looking for this type of navigator.

If you do find some, please share it.

There is no free software capable for this so far. The Sportypal version will have this option but i don;t know the price yet.

I haven't found anything like this so far. I have been looking for this type of navigator.

If you do find some, please share it.

Ahh thats disappointing. THanks anyway.

Have you tried Viewranger? It's £4 but well worth it. You can add more detailed Ordanance Maps if you require.