• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Manila Sense 2.5 2016 for LG GM750

3 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi everyone,

After reading the posts from SpeedFrog and Ajeshm about Manila Sense 2.5 on the Samsung section, i felt like installing this piece of software on my LG GM750, 'cos i find it great! :)

You know, i just hate the installed S-Class interface from LG and I'm definetly not fan of the SPB solution. :lol:

Ok, the whole community claims it's not worth porting this 2.5 version to QVGA or WQVGA because of some incompatible OpenGl 3D drivers, so some winphones like Omnia is declared 'not working' !

What I did is install the cab on a clean Rom, the 10c updated with the officail LG update tool, and you know what ? It's WORKING ! :D

The only issues are, because of the VGA resolution, too large icones and texts, backgrounds and stuffs, and the HTC footprint which causes an error of authenticity :D

Any other things seems to be working like a charm. I say 'seems', cause I cant see the whole screen !

So, i decided to make a small java program (somekind of a script) to reduce all the resolution's references from xml files like 'pos="0,0,480,800"' half the size to 'pos="0,0,240,400"' for exemple...

But I'm stuck, it's still showing like it's a too big (VGA like).

If someone is interressed in this thread, i'll send you pics of it, proving it's working...

I'd really appriciate any help. It's my first port, and would even be my very first contribution to the WinPhone world !

Many thanks dudes :)

Edited by Fsacred

Posted

Hi everyone,

After reading the posts from SpeedFrog and Ajeshm about Manila Sense 2.5 on the Samsung section, i felt like installing this piece of software on my LG GM750, 'cos i find it great! :)

You know, i just hate the installed S-Class interface from LG and I'm definetly not fan of the SPB solution. :lol:

Ok, the whole community claims it's not worth porting this 2.5 version to QVGA or WQVGA because of some incompatible OpenGl 3D drivers, so some winphones like Omnia is declared 'not working' !

What I did is install the cab on a clean Rom, the 10c updated with the officail LG update tool, and you know what ? It's WORKING ! :D

The only issues are, because of the VGA resolution, too large icones and texts, backgrounds and stuffs, and the HTC footprint which causes an error of authenticity :D

Any other things seems to be working like a charm. I say 'seems', cause I cant see the whole screen !

So, i decided to make a small java program (somekind of a script) to reduce all the resolution's references from xml files like 'pos="0,0,480,800"' half the size to 'pos="0,0,240,400"' for exemple...

But I'm stuck, it's still showing like it's a too big (VGA like).

If someone is interressed in this thread, i'll send you pics of it, proving it's working...

I'd really appriciate any help. It's my first port, and would even be my very first contribution to the WinPhone world !

Many thanks dudes :)

I have an LG Incite and was able to run M3D (the one for 480 x800) on it also what is needed is to edit the Mode9 files that specify 480 by 800 dimentions and possiably other edits to reduce other pngs and such. I don't have the time to do all the editing right now but if you have the time look for Mode9 editors. Other than that, I can help then I have time and good luck!

Posted (edited)

I have an LG Incite and was able to run M3D (the one for 480 x800) on it also what is needed is to edit the Mode9 files that specify 480 by 800 dimentions and possiably other edits to reduce other pngs and such. I don't have the time to do all the editing right now but if you have the time look for Mode9 editors. Other than that, I can help then I have time and good luck!

I thank you for your answer. OK, i'll go on editing these files under mode9 dll and try it then. I'll warn you if it works :)

Edited by Fsacred