Bootloader shows 0.00 0000

Guest hazi1964

Guest hazi1964

TMob HTC Desire, debranded and flashed with generic rom using Modaco guide here http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...r-t-mo-handset/

After successfully debranding, I tried to root and now, not only was that unsuccessful, but I am now stuck with a bootloader version as above.

I want to revisit the rooting process but my priority is to return my bootloader back to normal which was 0.75 xxxx

Does anybody have any ideas how I can restore it to default so that I can start again?

I have included a photo of the screen so that it is clear as to what the bootloader is showing.

02072010018.jpg

Thank you in advance to anybody who might be able to help.

Alison

Guest hazi1964
thats 0.80.0000

Oh my god, so it is, crikey, I've looked at that numerous times and not even noticed. Ok, now I feel totally stupid.

Thank you for pointing that out to me. lol

Alison (crawls into a hole)

Guest StuMcBill
Oh my god, so it is, crikey, I've looked at that numerous times and not even noticed. Ok, now I feel totally stupid.

Thank you for pointing that out to me. lol

Alison (crawls into a hole)

Ha ha.

Glad you have finally "fixed" your problem Alison!!

:lol:

Guest hazi1964
Ha ha.

Glad you have finally "fixed" your problem Alison!!

:lol:

Ah, but I haven't. I am very relieved about the bootloader and me being rather stupid, however, I do still have the problem of not being able to flash the earlier rom to my device. I am getting an error message as follows:

The ROM Update Utility cannot update your Android phone.

Please get the correct ROM Update Utility and try again.

It happens when the progress bar is around 30-40% complete. The phone recovers back to the current rom 1.15.405.4 upon a reboot

Is the bootloader too high for the rom and am I able to return to the earlier bootloader of 0.75 xxxx and if so, how would I go about it?

Any help, as usual will be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Alison

Guest StuMcBill
Ah, but I haven't. I am very relieved about the bootloader and me being rather stupid, however, I do still have the problem of not being able to flash the earlier rom to my device. I am getting an error message as follows:

The ROM Update Utility cannot update your Android phone.

Please get the correct ROM Update Utility and try again.

It happens when the progress bar is around 30-40% complete. The phone recovers back to the current rom 1.15.405.4 upon a reboot

Is the bootloader too high for the rom and am I able to return to the earlier bootloader of 0.75 xxxx and if so, how would I go about it?

Any help, as usual will be very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Alison

I would think that the ROM is not suitable for Bootloader 0.80, there is a guide to downgade your bootloader on this site ( http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...owngrade-hboot/ ), but I have never tried this on my desire as I am still on 0.75.

Guest hazi1964
I would think that the ROM is not suitable for Bootloader 0.80, there is a guide to downgade your bootloader on this site ( http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...owngrade-hboot/ ), but I have never tried this on my desire as I am still on 0.75.

Thank you for that, would it not be easier/possible to just find a rom that would be suitable for the 0.80 bootloader?

Alison

Guest hazi1964
So root your phone again and then downgrade the HBOOT

The rooting didn't work when I attempted it. I am reluctant to attempt it again at this stage in case i make matters even worse.

Alison

Guest EddyOS

It does work as I've got HBOOT 0.80 and I used the TinyCore method - worked first time but as I'm on an unbranded Desire I don't need to worry about going back to 0.75

Guest hazi1964
It does work as I've got HBOOT 0.80 and I used the TinyCore method - worked first time but as I'm on an unbranded Desire I don't need to worry about going back to 0.75

I'm not doubting that it works, it just hasn't worked for me for some reason. I'm still working on finding out why it's not working for me and how I can resolve this.

Guest jamesb1239

Did you use the files for rooting 0.75 or 0.80? I'm sure when I did mine there were 2 different sets of files depending on the hboot version

Guest hazi1964
Did you use the files for rooting 0.75 or 0.80? I'm sure when I did mine there were 2 different sets of files depending on the hboot version

Originally 0.75 as that's the hboot my phone started with, however, that's since been updated to 0.80

I'm actually trying to find a rom with hboot 0.80 to try flashing. Either that or go straight for rooting, in the hope it works this time.

Guest Subject Delta

If it's been updated to 0.8 you need to use the 0.8 rooting method. What hboot version you started with is largely irrelevant.

Guest hazi1964
If it's been updated to 0.8 you need to use the 0.8 rooting method. What hboot version you started with is largely irrelevant.

Ok, I did that, went through the rooting process, still not got root though. In the guide, it says to copy the update zip to the sd card, I notice there are two update zips though, one is just update zip and the other is rooted update zip. I copied the first one (update zip), I assume this is correct?

This is the guide I followed http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...o-1-21-support/

•Make your microSD card into a goldcard by following these instructions (it's a good idea to back up the contents of your card first!). Done

•Unzip the file you downloaded to a directory, then open a command prompt / terminal window at that directory. I didn't see a way to open a command prompt window so just double clicked on the windows step 1 exe, it all seemed to work fine.

It went through the whole process without a glitch so I can't understand why I still have no root. I do have an icon in my apps that says "superuser permissions" but when I open it, I just get a blank screen and no option to do anything.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Guest Subject Delta

If you have the SuperUser permissions app, you have root already. You do not need to open the SuperUser permissions app, it will automatically notify you when an application requests root access.

Guest hazi1964
If you have the SuperUser permissions app, you have root already. You do not need to open the SuperUser permissions app, it will automatically notify you when an application requests root access.

Thank you for that, I now have a rooted device, yay.

I would like to thank everybody who gave their advice, you've all been helpful in some way.

Next step is to work out how to flash a custom rom. lol.

Alison

Guest Lollylost100

Uninstall HTC Sync and use Unrevoked to flash a Custom Recovery. Then upload the .zip package to sd card and flash from the custom recovery :lol:.

Guest Subject Delta

You shouldn't have to uninstall HTC sync (at least not on Windows 7 anyway, never tested on older versions) to use unrEVOked. I managed to flash it just fine with HTC sync installed.