• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Froyo Unofficially arrives on HTC Desire

15 posts in this topic

Posted

Froyo Unofficially arrives on HTC Desire

devicea.png

udK over at XDA has posted the following videos of Android 2.2 Froyo running Sense on the HTC Desire.

It appears to be a ROM from an HTC test ROM as udK reports having removed the watermarks. It's not available just yet but it looks like we'll be getting this test build in the very near future. Check out the videos below...

Posted

Sweet! I hope this becomes official soon. :)

Posted

Does this mean we'll be seeing the Desire port on Nexus One any time soon? :)

Posted

Does this mean we'll be seeing the Desire port on Nexus One any time soon? :)

The current Desire ports to the Nexus One (well, the Modoco ones) have issues with bluetooth etc. Surely folks wouldn't want that as their main dependable phone?

Posted

The current Desire ports to the Nexus One (well, the Modoco ones) have issues with bluetooth etc. Surely folks wouldn't want that as their main dependable phone?

Oh I don't know, i used the Desire Rom on my Nexus without bluetooth for about 2 months! :)

Posted

I can manage shouting in my car with the speaker on :D

I am using the Desire port (R22.1) on my main phone. It is very dependable. For example, the Bluetooth simply doesn't work. :) There's more to my Nexus One than Bluetooth, though.

Posted

Hey all,

Quick one re OTA Updates, Given i'm running a custom rom (R17 2.2) on my desire will this inhibit the receival of the OTA Update for Sense + Froyo or should i return to stock and wait for the update?

Cheers

B

Posted

Hey all,

Quick one re OTA Updates, Given i'm running a custom rom (R17 2.2) on my desire will this inhibit the receival of the OTA Update for Sense + Froyo or should i return to stock and wait for the update?

Cheers

B

If you really need/want Froyo, you need to return to stock for OTA. However, there are a number of way to manually install a Froyo ROM (search here or XDA).

Posted

If you really need/want Froyo, you need to return to stock for OTA. However, there are a number of way to manually install a Froyo ROM (search here or XDA).

BUGGER!!!!

Was hoping to get my stock Telstra A183 FW from shipped roms but looks like he's in a bit of trouble

Could someone upload the stock Telstra FW if they have it?

Much appreciated

B

Posted

BUGGER!!!!

Was hoping to get my stock Telstra A183 FW from shipped roms but looks like he's in a bit of trouble

Much appreciated

B

Posted (edited)

Eric Lin @ HTC announces that Froyo for Desire not coming until Christmas

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/34139/htc-...elays-explained

Sorry, but you appear to have *completely* misread the article!

At no point does anyone say the Froyo for Desire isn't coming until Xmas.

What is said is that Eric Lin believes that HTC will be done with Froyo updates before Christmas.

What does this mean?

Well, for starters, he's referring to HTC devices as a whole, and is not singling out the Desire. As a flagship device, you can almost certainly expect the Desire to get Froyo before other devices in HTC's portfolio.

Secondly, before Christmas could mean tomorrow (July 8th) or Christmas Eve (24th December), or any date in between.

Thirdly, he said:

I don’t think you’re going to see that really long six month, seven month lag, like you saw in the updates from 1.5 to 2.1, simply because it’s a less severe change

Switching from 2.1 to 2.2, they made a lot of tweaks, but they didn’t make any gigantic changes, so it should be a much swifter process.

I really don't expect to be waiting for Froyo on the Desire beyond September this year.

Regards,

Dave

Edited by foxmeister

Posted

I wouldnt expect an OTA from Telstra any time soon - at least not for a while after the 'unbranded' handsets get it. Im pretty sure by the time Telstra get around to updating their FW, there will be dozens of other options.

Posted

THE phone (desire) freez and reboots on movie shotting. Yep, here are bug.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

MoDaCo is part of the MoDaCo.network, © Paul O'Brien 2002-2015. MoDaCo uses IntelliTxt technology.